49ers at Seahawks, the strategies

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Emphasize Genos deep passing game.

Rotate available rbs to the extent you utilize the run. Given that there’s no recent tape, maybe that confuses Bosa and them for a half second. Maybe one emerges as a hero. Rely on homer only is just a safe loss. Try something different.

Run defense? I honestly don’t know. Anyone have suggestions?

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Everyone at that game should strive to maintain Or elevate the decibel level.

Purdy has had a Rudy reception these past two games at home. Show him a hostile fan environment.

NJHawk

Reaction score
Employ the possum strategy. Play dead for a few quarters, then when they let their guard down rack up as many garbage time points as you can to make the final score look respectable
We do that every week. Looks close unless ya watch the game. It will be something like 28-21 but got our asses kicked in every possible way.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

If purdy Is out, it is Josh Johnson who was on the Denver ps two weeks ago.

Jacob Eason will be Johnsons backup.

renofox

Reaction score
If I'm the 49ers, I would try to become the 1st team since forever to win a game without attempting a single forward pass.

They could, most likely, do it.

It would amp up their team and their fan base for the rest of the season.

It would also be a death blow to the Seahawks psyche for years to come, helping to reduce the threat from a division competitor.

94Smith

Reaction score
Pretty sure Purdy will play.

This is for the division. If the 49ers win they will be 3 games up with 3 to play. A tie at that point will go to the 49ers because of head to head.

The Seahawks can't turn the ball over. Geno had two INTs vs the Panthers which lead to 10 points. That was the difference. Also the seahawks had multiple turnovers in the first game .

Purdy would be susceptible to INTs at the line backer level. Shanahans scheme calls for quick passes in the middle of the field. Purdy will take chances in tight windows and the Seahawks need to capitalize on that. So far we have not seen this but he did have one INT called back because of a penalty last game

The Seahawks have to play with the lead. I think overall they did so so against the run until the 4 th quarter against the Panthers. That was when they started to gash them. McCaffery it seems will either get 1-2 yards running or rip off 30. You have to limit him to 1-2 yards and avoid the big gashes.

Also the Hawks D needs to rally to the ball more. What was Darnolds avergae depth of target? It seems like most of his passes were behind the LOS. That can't happen. It will be nice for the Hawks that Deebo will be out limiting the WR screens, but check downs to CMC and Kittle and swing passes to CMC can not go for 9-14 yards.

Don't bother to run the ball. You won't be able to run especially with Travis Homer. The only reason to run the ball will be to keep the defense honest and allow play action.

Purdy has not had a road game yet so we will have to see how he does with a silent count

Your KR had a good game against the Panthers and could have a good game against the niners as well. Their special teams coverage is susceptible . The seahawks need to win the battle here. A special teams touchdown like they had in the first game would really help

thegameq

Reaction score
Offense: more emphasis on routes to get receivers open and good looks for easy completions. Geno is on the verge of a meltown. We can all feel it. We're all waiting for it. Make it easier on him with simple reads so that he isn't trying to force the ball into tight coverage.

We have no running game without Walker. Stop trying to force the run. It only disrupts the offense's rhythm and puts them behind the chains. The short pass, screen or bubble as an extension of the run game could work to keep them honest.

Defense: we have no defense.

The defense cannot be relied upon--at all. Play like it.

......that's all I got.

chawx

Reaction score
I hope a LOT of bettors hammer what they perceive to be a low spread of -3.5 on the 49ers, if it happens, expect to see what's been happening all year across the league — the team looking to benefit Vegas the most will get some sweet sweet BS from the refs. I'm with the poster up there that said the 49ers could be the first team to win without a single forward pass. I know if I was coaching against the Seahawks I'd run it every time, don't try and get too purdy throwing it, our defense actually does ok against that part.

My prediction:
- If Vegas steps in, 17-16 Seattle
- If not, ugh. (insert large number here)-(insert smaller number, mostly garbage time scores here), 49ers.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I would run the ball majority of first and second quarter. Geno can just call audibles to adjust in line to move the ball by handing them off in multiple dimensions. We have to control the clock and game. We need 4 to 8 minute drives even if we get only 3 points. The key is to keep the ball away and make our defense not see the field. We absolutely cannot hand them the ball through interceptions or muffed punts. They are super aggressive, we need to slow the game down. We have to keep our defense away from the field and we don’t throw deep unless they are crowding the box. I want Geno to protect the ball and not take sacks. Keep moving the ball in short yards and bootlegs. Don’t play hero ball and try to get extra yards if you made the down and distance. Don’t mass push running backs. On defense, stay on assignment. Don’t shift, don’t take the bait, bull rush the interior lane and play screens without over pursuit. Show some grit and come to play! Get a win