"35!" (Broncos-related)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1asm3z5s said:
Sports Hernia":1asm3z5s said:
rigelian":1asm3z5s said:
Hawkspur":1asm3z5s said:
Yep. Getting your butt handed to you in the superbowl isn't the same as a chip on the shoulder due to perceived slights. The guys on the Seahawks want to prove people's opinions incorrect. There was no debate about the Superbowl. Everyone knows it was a whipping. No ifs, no buts.

I doubt that Carroll kept focusing on the score when they were humiliated by the Steelers in 2011. Maybe he did, but I doubt it.

I'm not sure the Broncos are the Broncos fans are aware of this. I don't know how many times I've heard that if Namath didn't screw up the coin toss the whole outcome would have been different. Seriously, denial is some powerful medicine.
LMAO, now they are blaming the curbstomping loss on Namath for screwing up the coin flip??? They are entering webzone crazy talk land if they believe that! LOL!
And what's really pathetic is that it's been reported all along that the coin flip was basically irrelevant because the Hawks were going to defer if they won and the Donkeys were going to receive if they won. Thus, Denver going to get the ball first no matter what.
Truth. Seattle was kicking off regardless of the outcome of the coin flip. When you have the #1 defense, it's a no-brainer! :th2thumbs:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1jydrjbn said:
Sports Hernia":1jydrjbn said:
rigelian":1jydrjbn said:
Hawkspur":1jydrjbn said:
Yep. Getting your butt handed to you in the superbowl isn't the same as a chip on the shoulder due to perceived slights. The guys on the Seahawks want to prove people's opinions incorrect. There was no debate about the Superbowl. Everyone knows it was a whipping. No ifs, no buts.

I doubt that Carroll kept focusing on the score when they were humiliated by the Steelers in 2011. Maybe he did, but I doubt it.

I'm not sure the Broncos are the Broncos fans are aware of this. I don't know how many times I've heard that if Namath didn't screw up the coin toss the whole outcome would have been different. Seriously, denial is some powerful medicine.
LMAO, now they are blaming the curbstomping loss on Namath for screwing up the coin flip??? They are entering webzone crazy talk land if they believe that! LOL!
And what's really pathetic is that it's been reported all along that the coin flip was basically irrelevant because the Hawks were going to defer if they won and the Donkeys were going to receive if they won. Thus, Denver going to get the ball first no matter what.
What did you expect? That the media would have actually watched Seahawk games or something more logical? Hint, nothing beyond the Mississippi River exists in ESPN's or New York's little bubble. St.Louis gets a pass because it exists on both sides of the Mississippi.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1k86jcso said:
What did you expect? That the media would have actually watched Seahawk games or something more logical? Hint, nothing beyond the Mississippi River exists in ESPN's or New York's little bubble. St.Louis gets a pass because it exists on both sides of the Mississippi.
I would expect nothing more from the national media, especially the Eastcoastbiased Sports Programming Network.

Largent80

Reaction score
35 is a number most teams would be ecstatic to win by, not lose by and try and use it for motivation.

253hawk

Reaction score
For the Donkeys game, I hope Russell changes his 'GREEN 18' cadence to 'GREEN 35'.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3kgeslb5 said:

QFT...he he he

BTW,..many years ago, on the way down to Ky, we stayed in St. Louis on one side of the river. On the way back, stayed on the west side of the river near U of ST Louis. Interesting place.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3cpod5lz said:
MizzouHawkGal":3cpod5lz said:

QFT...he he he

BTW,..many years ago, on the way down to Ky, we stayed in St. Louis on one side of the river. On the way back, stayed on the west side of the river near U of ST Louis. Interesting place.
Actually it is. It has some great old neighborhoods and some seriously good food.

Polaris

Reaction score
drdiags":amazan8q said:
The Seahawks used the loss to the Atlanta Falcons as motivation for them this year. I would look at that as the same thing the Broncos are using with "35". Fans tend to only see things that make them feel superior. If Pete didn't use the Falcons game as negative reinforcement, the players sure did.

The difference is that our Seahawks had actually taken the lead with about 30 seconds to go having recovered from a halftime 20-0 deficit. The game should have been over but Seattle let it slip away in heartbreaking fashion after completely dominating Atlanta the second half.

None of that was true in the Superb-Owl.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Polaris":1jwh1dyt said:
Except for the first half of the game where we looked exactly like Denver did in the Super Bowl, except without the excuse of facing an elite - or even good - defense.

Polaris

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":38fc2qxc said:
Polaris":38fc2qxc said:
Except for the first half of the game where we looked exactly like Denver did in the Super Bowl, except without the excuse of facing an elite - or even good - defense.

I can't say I agree with that. Seattle's O tore it up even in the first half except for the first couple of possessions in the Red Zone. Did Seattle has early RZ problems in the SB? Sure. However, Denver wasn't really able to move at all (I don't think there was a single Denver first down until well into the second qtr) and the first time they did, Peyton threw a touchdown pass......for Seattle.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1779fv6u said:
The similarities vastly outweigh the lack thereof.
And if we'd been awarded the first down on RW's scramble down to the five like we should have, your tune might be different man. I have watched, re-watched and re-watched that play over and over and we got screwed.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":22oe7j0s said:
RolandDeschain":22oe7j0s said:
The similarities vastly outweigh the lack thereof.
And if we'd been awarded the first down on RW's scramble down to the five like we should have, your tune might be different man. I have watched, re-watched and re-watched that play over and over and we got screwed.
I agree that we got screwed, but you're kind of sounding like the Broncos fans that are saying if Broadway Joe hadn't "quick released" the coin toss, the Broncos probably would have won the Super Bowl. :)