27th draft pick 2020

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Elemas":1tn2jeu4 said:
SeaWolv":1tn2jeu4 said:
Elemas":1tn2jeu4 said:
Dependent upon Carson and Penny's health and the resigning of Clowney but, I'd go Edge, Corner, offensive line until it just doesn't make sense, and possibly snag another TE.

Imagine what Russ could do with protection?

They need to really consider o-line...and not get cute.

Interior Dline is the priority then Edge, OL and finally secondary. Once you upgrade the Dline then the secondary gets immediately better. We need a DT that can apply pressure and stop the run as well as another good edge rusher to take pressure off Clowney. Once you get that taken care then the focus needs to be making sure Russ doesn't lead the NFL in sacks and QB hits and has the 3 seconds he needs to work his magic plus open holes for Carson. Finally you need to move Flowers back to safety and upgrade the corner spot opposite Griffin (Juston Burris is available).

Respect your opinion. If you don't resign Clowney, you're very limited at Edge. I'm not feeling that bad about Jefferson and Reed. Could be beefed up but, if you don't get Clowney back...gl w/ Collier and Ansah (if he's even resigned).

Flowers surely needs to be moved (off the roster but since he's a rookie, he'll be around a bit).
Flowers is not a rookie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Elemas":1hoxljcn said:
Respect your opinion. If you don't resign Clowney, you're very limited at Edge. I'm not feeling that bad about Jefferson and Reed. Could be beefed up but, if you don't get Clowney back...gl w/ Collier and Ansah (if he's even resigned).

Flowers surely needs to be moved (off the roster but since he's a rookie, he'll be around a bit).

Yes, as I said, you need to keep Clowney and find a DE to play opposite him that can be somewhat productive and that's not Ansah. But saying you're good with a whopping 2 sacks from Jefferson and Reed is not gonna get this defense in position to win a Super Bowl. Keep Jefferson, sure and maybe Reed but only if Reed can be had for cheap. Then bring in someone like Vernon Butler or Shelby Harris.

Largent80

Reaction score
Once again, the Hawks basically have a high second round pick in the first round. It puts them in the same situation as the last 10 years.

We have 2 seconds already. I say in a WR heavy class, they trade that pick for another second and a 3rd and we can load up on CB, OL, and S because Thompson and Hill are 2 that need to GO.

Good draft for OL this year outside of LT.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
27 will become 31 or 32, and that in turn will become 35-40. That is, unless, someone lands at 27 that Seattle really loves and is on their board, obviously, if not, they'll trade down to the early second round and get a few more 4/5 round picks.

4b2

Largent80

Reaction score
3 second rounders will definitely land us some blue chip players. If we add a second 3rd rounder, we're loggin'.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
What’s gonna happen is, Seattle will trade down like they always do, acquire more future picks, then in the upcoming season, find some player not happy with their current team, and Seattle then trades some future late draft pick and acquire said unhappy player.

That unhappy player then turns out to be like Clowney, Diggs, etc.

You can take that to the bank!

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
IMHO we need to pressure the QB

Tre won't be as exposed and would be serviceable and it would help our 3rd down issue

We have Running Backs, receivers and tight ends. Yes OL will be iffy like normal so OL and defense to me. Obviously FA market will be important. Don't think we has many possible comp picks from this year (at least valuable comp picks) so that would allow us to be more active early

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Seahawks may not trade down this year due to the fact they already have a lot of picks in hand. There are only so many roster spots available.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3ieqweog said:
Schneider will screw this up like always. I'd like to see a new GM but it's not going to happen he's great in Free Agency but below average at drafting . He's had a ton of talent sitting there on draft day and he passes on all of them the one exception last year was Metcalf . He finally took a consensus player and it paid off huge. If he does more of that fine but he refuses to change his draft strategy. He waited to long to take Metcalf to it was just dumb luck that he was still sitting there.
he wasn't a consensus player, that's why he was available in the 2nd round.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Tre Flowers is an adequate boundary corner. If we don't believe in Amadi, we need a Nickel corner and depth.

What we need is a deep and deadly pass rush. Number 1,2 and 3 needs on this team. We also need run stuffers.
Then we need the OL to get sorted out given all the FA's. I expect that to happen in FA and with some second day draft picks.
If Pick 1 and 2 are not DL then I'll be frustrated.

My perference for picks would focus on: DL>>>>OL>TE>CB>WR.

Just like teams always have a franchise QB or are looking for one, teams also have pass rushes or are looking for one.

Modern football is defined by franchise QB's and the men that can take them down.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":3eif99we said:
Northwest Seahawk":3eif99we said:
Schneider will screw this up like always. I'd like to see a new GM but it's not going to happen he's great in Free Agency but below average at drafting . He's had a ton of talent sitting there on draft day and he passes on all of them the one exception last year was Metcalf . He finally took a consensus player and it paid off huge. If he does more of that fine but he refuses to change his draft strategy. He waited to long to take Metcalf to it was just dumb luck that he was still sitting there.
he wasn't a consensus player, that's why he was available in the 2nd round.

BS he was 100 percent regarded as one of the top 5 WR's available going into that draft. Chris Simms had him as his first WR taken.

Elemas

Reaction score
dopeboy206":36nv0val said:
Elemas":36nv0val said:
SeaWolv":36nv0val said:
Elemas":36nv0val said:
Dependent upon Carson and Penny's health and the resigning of Clowney but, I'd go Edge, Corner, offensive line until it just doesn't make sense, and possibly snag another TE.

Imagine what Russ could do with protection?

They need to really consider o-line...and not get cute.

Interior Dline is the priority then Edge, OL and finally secondary. Once you upgrade the Dline then the secondary gets immediately better. We need a DT that can apply pressure and stop the run as well as another good edge rusher to take pressure off Clowney. Once you get that taken care then the focus needs to be making sure Russ doesn't lead the NFL in sacks and QB hits and has the 3 seconds he needs to work his magic plus open holes for Carson. Finally you need to move Flowers back to safety and upgrade the corner spot opposite Griffin (Juston Burris is available).

Flowers is not a rookie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I meant rookie contract...oops (he's not going anywhere). I'd be highly surprised if he moved to safety. I'd say that's a longshot and the chances are nil.

Pete addressed Flower's play vs GB and it's hard to really read into what he was saying. I have a feeling he'll be starting again next year but not without stiff competition coming from a draftee.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I hope we go all in on DL/OL, then add a vet CB, vet 3rd down WR, if by some miracle Pete lets Russ score a couple TD's in the first half we really could win the SB

25. DI JAVON HARGRAVE
Javon Hargrave has improved his overall PFF grade in every year of his NFL career, and this season, he had to step into a larger role when Stephon Tuitt went down injured for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Hargrave played 200-plus snaps more than his previous career-high and showed that he can be more than just a run-stuffing nose tackle. He ended the season with 49 total pressures, which was a top-10 figure among interior defenders, and he did it while still grading well as a run defender and tackling with impressive efficiency. Interior defenders are readily available this offseason, but Hargrave is a good one.

24. DI D.J. READER
Nose tackles upwards of 330 pounds aren’t as desirable as they used to be, so the good news is that D.J. Reader has been able to show that he is more than just a two-down run stuffer. Reader has played more snaps with each season of his NFL career and answered that increased workload with more pressures as a pass-rusher. This year he posted career-best marks in overall PFF grade (85.5), total pressures (36) and defensive stops (35), and he played over 600 snaps for the Texans. Reader will draw interest as a run stuffer, but he has proved that he can push the pocket and play on passing downs too, which is vital for his value.

16. G JOE THUNEY
It’s been a story of continuous improvement for Thuney since entering the league in 2016, and he finished the 2019 regular season with the No. 5 overall grade among guards (77.4). Thuney has had his best year in pass protection, allowing just 16 pressures on 693 attempts, good for the third-highest pass-blocking grade in the league (87.4). A converted college offensive tackle, Thuney struggled against more powerful players early in his career, but he’s developed nicely into one of the best all-around guards in the league.

13. T JACK CONKLIN
Conklin is the best right tackle on the market, and he’s coming off a regular season which he finished 12th overall among tackles in PFF grade (78.3) and fifth in run-blocking grade (81.0). Conklin has some issues in pass protection, as his pass-blocking grade ranks just 49th on true pass sets over the last two seasons, and he’s on the higher end among offensive tackles receiving help (double teams, chip blocks, etc). Still, Conklin is a versatile run blocker who finished with the No. 6 grade on zone runs and the No. 14 mark on gap runs. He’s been one of the better right tackles in the league since being drafted in the first round in 2016.

9. LB CORY LITTLETON
Littleton has quietly become one of the best coverage linebackers in the league, capable of running the seam with tight ends and closing quickly on running backs underneath. He has 18 pass breakups and six interceptions over the last two seasons, and he's posted a 90.6 coverage grade that ranks third-best in the league. However, while potential suitors are going to love Littleton’s ability to affect the passing game, he has had his struggles against the run. His 50.8 run-defense grade ranks just 103rd out of 126 qualifiers over the last two years, so that could hurt his value for teams looking for an all-around three-down linebacker.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-the-50-bes ... ts-in-2020

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Oh, then draft Jonathan Taylor:
[youtube]nSJhjfN6fUw[/youtube]

kobebryant

Reaction score
seabowl":ork3qvho said:
27 is a good thing. This way JS won't have to trade back to get a player we've never heard of before

Who have they selected after trading back in the first that you hadn't heard of before?

Largent80

Reaction score
There are some attractive options in free agency. Dante Fowler for example has the length (34 inch arms), quickness (1.59 split) and 2019 production (11.5 sacks, 16 TFL’s, 36 pressures) they need. He’s also only 25-years-old and could create a partnership with Clowney for years to come. Everson Griffen could be a possibility too, albeit only as a shorter term option.

The trade market could come into play. It’s one way to avoid the bun-fight of free agency contract negotiations. The Seahawks have made bold trades in the past to fill needs. Could they, for example, target Von Miller? Would Denver listen to an offer that included #27? Or could they ring up the Jaguars and see if there’s any way at all to finally bring Calais Campbell to Seattle? Either way, a trade seems viable during an off-season that could/should be a bit more aggressive.

Largent80

Reaction score
Logan Stenberg of Kentucky is a mauling OG who currently has a 3rd round tag

Stenberg is listed at 6-6 and 327lbs.

jmahon316

Reaction score
Largent80":2ijy2je7 said:
Logan Stenberg of Kentucky is a mauling OG who currently has a 3rd round tag

Stenberg is listed at 6-6 and 327lbs.

If he's on JS+PC's radar, I could see them using their later 2nd round pic on him.