2035, another 12 years for Russell to break Brady's record

toffee

Reaction score
Tom retires after 22 years and multiple rings, our Russell will play another 12 years just to break Tom's longevity, and another 6 rings to match his super bowl prowess. Now, goals are set and competitive juices are flowing, as a Wilson homer, I say go to Tampa Bay and take over where Brady left off? Clearly the Bucs will be looking for a QB, who else can step into Tom's shoes except our Russ? I couldn't think of anyone, besides, they have an offense minded HC.

Russell should DEMAND a trade to break Carroll hold, then work with Tampa to make the deal work.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
TreeRon":9uhvydwq said:
And then Ariens retires. What then ?

this year's Buc is a few points from conference championship, if Russ can take over, quite sure they will go to the superbowl next year. That's legacy for Russ, finishing what Brady couldn't quite do.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I don’t see it. Too much risk for Russ. His agent won’t put him in that position. If he went there and bombs after Brady took the team to the playoffs twice winning another championship he will look real bad. Especially coming off a bad 1-1/2 seasons. Denver, either NY team, or others that have a solid core are more likely. If he takes a 5-6 win team and turns them into a 10-12 win team he will be a hero. That’s better for his legacy.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
nwHawk":32iuj7zx said:
I don’t see it. Too much risk for Russ. His agent won’t put him in that position. If he went there and bombs after Brady took the team to the playoffs twice winning another championship he will look real bad. Especially coming off a bad 1-1/2 seasons. Denver, either NY team, or others that have a solid core are more likely. If he takes a 5-6 win team and turns them into a 10-12 win team he will be a hero. That’s better for his legacy.

I understand the risk, but if Russ wants legacy, this is legacy to follow and better Brady. We shall see if Unlimited extends to confidence :)

xray

Reaction score
Nobody breaks Brady's records in a lifetime . IMO

xray

Reaction score
Joe Burrow has a better chance to break Brady's records than Wilson . IMO

xray

Reaction score
xray":1aq9e33y said:

He's 25 years old vs Wilson at 33 . He's got way more time left .

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
xray":1kgqm4tw said:
xray":1kgqm4tw said:

He's already better

olyfan63

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":1saj55xi said:
xray":1saj55xi said:
xray":1saj55xi said:

He's already better
THIS. Burrow has the whole package, including the leadership. Already better than Wilson. In 2 weeks he might have already matched Russell in Lombardi count.

olyfan63

Reaction score
toffee":2il3ldu7 said:
nwHawk":2il3ldu7 said:

I understand the risk, but if Russ wants legacy, this is legacy to follow and better Brady. We shall see if Unlimited extends to confidence :)
Love it!! What, Russell put his money where his mouth is??!!
I see your bid, and raise you this: Russell must also take a PAY CUT in Tampa Bay, take a Brady-cheap contract that leaves enough salary cap to bring in talent around him. I mean, it's just what a QB committed to winning would do! Besides, he'll easily make it up on endorsements after the Lombardis start rolling in.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
olyfan63":3iye5mce said:
toffee":3iye5mce said:
nwHawk":3iye5mce said:

I see your bid, and raise you this: Russell must also take a PAY CUT in Tampa Bay, take a Brady-cheap contract that leaves enough salary cap to bring in talent around him. I mean, it's just what a QB committed to winning would do! Besides, he'll easily make it up on endorsements after the Lombardis start rolling in.
Don't think Russ ever taken a pay cut, not sure about this idea at all.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":1ebzup5t said:
toffee":1ebzup5t said:
nwHawk":1ebzup5t said:

If he'll take a pay cut, then why not keep him?

His salary is precluding the team from acquiring quantity AND quality players. However, at a lower cost, we could bring in more talent.

Brady deserves credit for understanding that his teammates want to get paid too. And deserve it. I don't think Russ is much of a team player. It's about HIS legacy, HIS recognition, HIS heroism. Interviews with Brady quote that he loves the completion more than anything else, so a different perspective.

I agree that he wouldn't take a pay cut . He wants the money. His identity (neutral term) or legacy (positive) or ego (negative) is tethered to that big contract.

kf3339

Reaction score
RW has absolutely no chance of breaking Brady's record. No 5-10 year +veteran QB does that is playing today. Perhaps one of the young guys (Mahomes, Allen, Burrows and maybe Herbert) but it's really asking a lot on those guys. Brady took less money for years in TB to make those teams championship contenders. Which other QB will do the same thing?

I seriously doubt any other QB will take the pay cut. It's just not in their DNA. RW won't and that's for certain.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
kf3339":2gypj75a said:
RW has absolutely no chance of breaking Brady's record. No 5-10 year +veteran QB does that is playing today. Perhaps one of the young guys (Mahomes, Allen, Burrows and maybe Herbert) but it's really asking a lot on those guys. Brady took less money over the table for years in TB to make those teams championship contenders. Which other QB will do the same thing?

I seriously doubt any other QB will take the pay cut. It's just not in their DNA. RW won't and that's for certain.

Fixed it for you. Brady is very likely the GOAT, but the extent to which he was willing to cheat (and just the stuff we know about) means we will never really know how good (or not) he really was.

rjdriver

Reaction score
JustTheTip":2lnjpodq said:
kf3339":2lnjpodq said:
RW has absolutely no chance of breaking Brady's record. No 5-10 year +veteran QB does that is playing today. Perhaps one of the young guys (Mahomes, Allen, Burrows and maybe Herbert) but it's really asking a lot on those guys. Brady took less money over the table for years in TB to make those teams championship contenders. Which other QB will do the same thing?

Fixed it for you. Brady is very likely the GOAT, but the extent to which he was willing to cheat (and just the stuff we know about) means we will never really know how good (or not) he really was.

I went most of life HATING Tom Brady.....

But C'mon, there is no likely about it.

Dude was in 10 Super Bowls
Won 7 Super Bowls
14 conference championship games

He was incredibly cerebral, tremendous longevity, lightning quick release, always showed up prepared and in good physical condition, seems to be incredibly respected by the defenses that challenged him. Think about it, dude was in the damn Super Bowl pretty much every other year, his entire career.

Conversely, although some of Russ's nuances bother me, I've spent the last 10 years absolutely loving watching the best QB in franchise history. It's been a treat knowing we always have a shot with #3 calling the shots. That being said, if anyone thinks his legacy will be to "finish what TB couldn't or didn't" or whatever, you are out of your GD minds. Tom Brady did, with the Bucs. If not for a cover zero blitz leaving Kupp wide open, he might have done it again.

xray

Reaction score
JustTheTip":3gi6h2cn said:
kf3339":3gi6h2cn said:

^
Yea right , all his stats are manufactured BS . LMAO

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
kf3339":3u4ojevk said:
RW has absolutely no chance of breaking Brady's record. No 5-10 year +veteran QB does that is playing today. Perhaps one of the young guys (Mahomes, Allen, Burrows and maybe Herbert) but it's really asking a lot on those guys. Brady took less money for years in TB to make those teams championship contenders. Which other QB will do the same thing?

Please do not hate on our Franchise QB, he has family and kids to feed. You know the price of zucchini these days?

JustTheTip

Reaction score
xray":2s3d7zsm said:
JustTheTip":2s3d7zsm said:
kf3339":2s3d7zsm said:

^
Yea right , all his stats are manufactured BS . LMAO

Show me where I said anything remotely close to that.

chris98251

Reaction score
Burrow has a chance, expanding to 17 games, soon to be 18 you watch that's another season over a career, if he lasts till his 40's it could be done on a good team that passes a lot.