2023 QB possibilitys

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
I don't understand why people make fun of Baker, when he was with the Browns, he was an average QB. I would gladly take him and I know he's much better than Geno. Baker needs to find the right team and he can succeed.

As for Lock, he's looking to start and not play backup. There are so many teams that are looking for a QB.

I can name a lot of teams that Lock might want to try out.

Tampa
Saints
Panthers
Packers
Zona (Kyle is injured)
Rams ( When Stafford cant finish the Season)
Commanders
Giants ( Unless Jones re-signs)
Patriots
Jets
Oakland
Browns
Steelers
Texans
Colts
Titans

Yes many teams for Lock to try and compete for a starter position. All he has to do is wait for the dominoes to fall.
Not saying Seattle is his only option, it’s just the best one.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Baker is much better than Geno?

Baker didn't have a single year where he had more yards, touchdowns, or better completion percentage than Geno this year.

There's a reason Geno's going to get $30M a season and Baker will be struggling to find a job.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
You want to draft a QB and go all in on a rookie? Fine. But this Lock/Baker/Any other bumb nonsense is ridiculous. None of these guys are NFL QBs.

Germanhawk7

Reaction score
Hi guys

can someone tell me something about Will Levis?
Im from Germany and I dont have much of a chance to watch college football.
Purely from the stats TD-INT etc. he doesn't look that good.
But at various mockdraft sites he moves further and further forward. PFF already has him at #1.

Why is he rated so high did he play in a bad conference or did he have bad teammates?

Thanks!

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Hi guys

can someone tell me something about Will Levis?
Im from Germany and I dont have much of a chance to watch college football.
Purely from the stats TD-INT etc. he doesn't look that good.
But at various mockdraft sites he moves further and further forward. PFF already has him at #1.

Why is he rated so high did he play in a bad conference or did he have bad teammates?

Thanks!
He's a 6'3 220lb guy from a pro style offense with a good arm and decent pocket mobility. He's not a day one starter for anyone. He stares down targets and doesn't have the accuracy to do that. An NFL team will look at his size and arm and hope to teach the other requirements for Sunday football.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Baker is much better than Geno?

Baker didn't have a single year where he had more yards, touchdowns, or better completion percentage than Geno this year.

There's a reason Geno's going to get $30M a season and Baker will be struggling to find a job.

By that analogy, you are very wrong.

Geno was top 8 in yards and top 5 in TD's, so does that mean he should be paid as top 5 QB? Top 5 QB makes about 45mill per year average.

Baker won't be struggling to find a job. Anyone would take him as a backup QB, but he's looking for starter possibilities. There are still many teams looking for a starter QB in 2023 week 1.

QWERTY

Reaction score
He's a 6'3 220lb guy from a pro style offense with a good arm and decent pocket mobility. He's not a day one starter for anyone. He stares down targets and doesn't have the accuracy to do that. An NFL team will look at his size and arm and hope to teach the other requirements for Sunday football.
Sounds just like Malik Wills.

And he is shitting the bed with the Titans.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Geno obviously won’t get top 5 money. I’m not sure that relates to the fact that Geno is better than Baker.

chris98251

Reaction score
You have to wait till Carr, Grab a Ho, Rodgers all settle out oh and that guy named Brady. Then there is a lot of journeymen guys who have started but like Lock didn't have a system, or were not ready, or was used wrong, or simply wore out his welcome and so is floating for his new gig also. Baker is in that group. Lock is more unproven but less baggage tied to him.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
"I am ready to go right now," RGIII said. "I train every day. I throw and work out. I know what it takes to get my body ready and I am doing those things. Yes, it is a little bit tougher when you are flying around everywhere doing stuff for TV, but when you really want something, you make it work."

"So, if I get that call this year, next year, or five years from now I will be ready to play".

IndyHawk

Reaction score
"I am ready to go right now," RGIII said. "I train every day. I throw and work out. I know what it takes to get my body ready and I am doing those things. Yes, it is a little bit tougher when you are flying around everywhere doing stuff for TV, but when you really want something, you make it work."

"So, if I get that call this year, next year, or five years from now I will be ready to play".

Someone should kick the tire

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Why is that?

The FA QB options will be plentiful and the top draft prospects look at least 4 deep with several developmental options in later rounds.

Geno is certainly AN option, but far from the only one.
Because 'Elvis' Geno is the "Bird in The Hand", the rest come with a LOT of 'What If' questions.
Who knows for certain, Maybe Geno prices himself out of Seattle, and if that is the case, YES there are "Other Options", but as far as to what he's produced so far? I doubt like hell that PetE & John will be so willy-nilly about what he brings to the Quarterback discussion for '2023'.
The fact that some are still questioning & even doubting, PROVES that some in here just 'Can't Stand The Guy'.
Opinions are clouding their judgment on the guy...I mean just stand back and look at last season with some objectivities, and you can't help but to have SOME admiration for the guy who came through when a sh*tload of pundits had him rated as The Bottom Of The Barrell Quarterback in the entire League, THEY WERE SIMPLY WRONG!

Last edited:

Spohawks

Reaction score
Trade a 5th rounder for Russ and call it a day! #SUPERBOWL

Having a 5th overall pick and needing a QB is just to perfect to pass up on. Some team will get crazy and over pay for Geno...he is gone!

WarHawks

Reaction score
I have a hunch JS will find a guy we're not even talking about yet. The senior bowl and combine will also shake things up I believe.

willyrobt

Reaction score
I think our first two picks should be DL. Geno is a good QB and we have a good backup. We need our defense to get better. Then pick a couple OL and DB help. Late in draft if a decent looking QB is available take them for development. We have some good options.

12th Dimension

Reaction score
Why are so many people advocating an either/or solution? We can resign Geno, improve the D, and draft a QB. JS is in a dream situation the next 2 years. He can move forward or back and he has the resources to address multiple issues, simultaneously.

I don’t see this FO having a 5 or better draft pick again. If his guy(s) there, no way is he passing up the chance to reset the franchise for a decade.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I wonder if we would trade up from 5 if there is someone they really like?