2021 Seahawks Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

kf3339

Reaction score
So I thought it would be fun to take a look at the official Seahawk depth chart just to see how players are ranked. They stated it would be updated prior to the first preseason game. Here it is three days past that game and still nothing. It's such an easy thing to keep up to date.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Every year it’s the same deal. The team site lags behind on providing the DC.

Pete hates depth charts as they take the mystery out the competition for spots and are discouraging to that competition. I’d frankly be surprised if we see an official DC from the team until after the last preseason game.

In the end you need to read between the lines to figure it out. Besides, despite the official DC, reality often differs and things change week to week.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
You used to be able to see the depth chart on the Seahawks media site, but they took away access to it.

A-Dog

Reaction score
OTC has updated their page with the Jamal Adams numbers.

Team cap space now at $13,058,836 for 2021.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The new deal for Adams opened up just less than $5 million ($4.86 million exactly) in additional cap space for this season for the team.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":13pm214w said:
The new deal for Adams opened up just less than $5 million in additional cap space for this season for the team.

Some may question Adams' value/worth, but either way, JS is pretty good at his job. It'll be interesting to see where the DBrown contract ends.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
For sure, and at this point you wonder if there might be a few other deals done as well.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
In terms of kf3339's comments about the Official Depth Chart from the team and given Jville's earlier comments on the site about poor media reporting about the bottom end of the roster the reality is it is truly just a best guess situation as to who the next 5 roster cuts will be and who is legitimately on the bubble for the cuts to 53.

I pay close attention to this stuff as you all might assume and I just don't know for sure about nexts week's cuts to 80 and then the cuts on the 31st to 53. I do know however that JS is always churning the roster and the final cuts may not reflect who is on the roster when the actually season begins.

kf3339

Reaction score
jammerhawk":33pwf99r said:
Every year it’s the same deal. The team site lags behind on providing the DC.

Pete hates depth charts as they take the mystery out the competition for spots and are discouraging to that competition. I’d frankly be surprised if we see an official DC from the team until after the last preseason game.

In the end you need to read between the lines to figure it out. Besides, despite the official DC, reality often differs and things change week to week.

My issue wasn't with them not posting a depth chart, but that they stated it would be done prior to that first game. If there isn't a plan to post the chart, then just don't say anything. It just looks sloppy to me. That's all.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Completely agree my friend, but this is not unusual, and has been the case for some long while.The team should be more transparent or indicate they will only post a DC after the season starts. Even then, some attention to it would be required and that media responsibility to their fans seems absent.

In the end an “Official Depth Chart” is somewhat meaningless after the starting 25 players ( offence defence, & ST) and will change week to week depending upon injuries, and situational needs. It is however a matter of genuine interest to fans. Hence this thread, which we try to keep current.

kf3339

Reaction score
You do a good job keeping this thread current, and there wasn't another thread to post my comment. Also, I didn't have any interest in starting a thread just for my observation. So I put my comment here.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I have always appreciated this thread and check it daily. Thank you.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/seahawksPR/status/1429571931049582594[/tweet]

[urltargetblank]https://www.fieldgulls.com/2021/8/22/22637101/seattle-seahawks-release-te-dom-wood-anderson-rough-preseason-performances-nfl-news[/urltargetblank]

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hey kf339 all comments are welcome here besides you also noticed something from the team that I’ve been grumbling about for some time now. No worries the concept is these threads are meant for this type of discussion.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words Jayhawk please know it’s not just me though, and as I have said before I’m just the front man while the regular contributors are the talent. This is a team effort.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Jville!!!

I was expecting this player's release. It was apparent he was struggling.

Updated