2019 Seahawks Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Also Bryan Mone is back off the PS after 1 day and WR Cody Thompson from Toledo was added. Thompson was in camp with KC and just dropped from their PS so Schneider must have had his eye on him.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks 'Storian!

Mone was not on the PS long this time. Keeping him on a type of 'ghost roster' I suppose was part of that move. Thompson looks interesting as a developmental type.

Updated.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Wow, there’s a surprise acquisition.

Maybe he will garner the team a comp pick I’m 2021.

Imagine him with Metcalf and Lockett.

I wonder how long he can go without screwing up and being permanently suspended again.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Kitsap and Hawkstorian!

Updated.

I never was able to get a number for Dekoda Watson, he was here so briefly.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If we look at the recent roster churn there are a few things that are becoming clear.

Pete’s not happy with the back end of his D, the churn continues at DB, and there has been a rebuild that is ongoing there. I want to see what Diggs will do when he gets healthy. Will he be a S or a NCB? Blair seems to be a developing talent. McDougald is not healthy this season. The team is investing a good deal into improving the back end. In this I am happy with Griffin this season and think he’s now comfortable on his side. Flowers has struggled some in comparison but still is a good CB and will eventually be healthy and over the sophomore blues. I like his play and think he has a very great upside. At present I’m not sold on the NCB and think the team has stepped backwards there, assuming Diggs was brought in to play this position instead of S which may be a mistaken assumption the team could be quite better quickly at nickel. The amount of yardage being given up makes this a critical weakness.

The team has churned for a quick look a large number of Leo type players and the team is looking for a guy who can get it done on that side as what we have isn’t yet and seemingly can’t stay healthy. In all I regret losing Jacob Martin but I don’t regret acquiring Clowney who should be kept. Martin was a player who seemed to have a quick first step and was effective in limited appearance getting pressure on opposing QBs. This is an area where the searching presently seems to be continuous. This effectiveness of the pass rush has been wanting this season as the supporting cast for Clowney isn’t showing up, or hasn’t yet. This is an area of significant weakness.

The interior OLine doesn’t seem to be able to stay healthy and the team is churning through players at both OG positions. The OLine has as a result been in constant flux and the changes seem to be happening weekly. Fortunately the team has some depth here and on PUP and that depth has been needed. I expect to see more changes before the season ends. This also is an area of concern for the team but there there could be future starters here already.

As well it seems to me the FO is unsatisfied with the depth at WR and the team is combing the castoff piles to find young talent. While it is confusing to see 8 WR s on the 53 the team is choosing to season the two rookie WRs this year and are redshirting them. That is not to missed but so is the need for better play from other than the top two WRs of the 8. I expect to see some change here if Gordon shows up and can stay clean.

It is easy to be critical of the FO but to me they are being very focused upon fixing areas of the team that they see need improving.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
A few PS updates: Penny Hart is #19 (with Josh Gordon taking #10)

Cody Thompson is #81 (now cut)

Brian Allen is #40

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Updated.

Interesting return of Haynes, DT- Christmas and TE- Dickson to come.

I'd be surprised if Jennings clears waivers, but if so he's lock for being added back to the PS.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'd think so too. Whatever his back injury was it was enough to keep him out all preseason and more than half the regular season. He will get a chance to try to make the roster next year and it would be in his best interests to come jacked up, bulked up and breathing fire. He gets a redshirt season and is paid not badly for it.

The clue on this was the re-signing of Mone to the PS, and while at present he's just a fringe player the team is trying to keep him around.

Dickson needs to be activated within the next 2 weeks or he's on IR for the duration.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Jennings claimed by Miami--

Also .... I think today was the deadline to move Christmas to the roster so he reverts to IR for the rest of the year.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Reminder -- the 'hawks can make a roster move on Monday so if they activate Dickson it will probably be then. I don't expect anything to happen today.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It’s hard to know when the team will have Dickson return, b/c we don’t know when the team designated him eligible for return. They have a window period where the player can practice and not be counted against the roster limit but must make the decision to return within that period or the player stays on IR. I don’t know if the return window is 2 or 3 weeks? Can anyone help?