2019 Breakout Player

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Rat":1nsglx52 said:
Amara Darboh. We're going to consider ourselves very, very lucky that he didn't pass that physical with the Patriots.
You Michigan homer. :laugh:

HawkGA

Reaction score
Surprised at all the Darboh love. I think the WR room is too crowded and he doesn't even make the final roster.

HawkGA

Reaction score
On topic, I like Martin on D. For offense, I don't necessarily like anybody. I would consider a big year from Lockett to be a breakout year. I expect more from the rookies but I put rookies in a different category than "breakout player" (I think of breakout as somebody who has been here, shown glimpses and is ready to do it full-time). I expect Penny to largely be behind Carson again so barring injury, I expect his opportunities to be limited.

getnasty

Reaction score
Darboh and Jaron? I'd be shocked if either of those guys make the team but who knows. For me i'm going to say Shaq and Greene on defense and on offense i say Ifedi becomes a stud in a contract year.

chris98251

Reaction score
Russell Wilson, I think the implementation of the new WR's and offense that Schotty only partially implemented last year will raise him to another level once again.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Aros":2z8jtc8a said:
Penny. I just have a good feeling about the kid in his sophomore year. He's dropped some pounds and sure is saying all the right things. As long as Carson remains healthy, he's our #1 horse but make no mistake, Penny is motivated to prove his rookie season was a fluke.

:sarcasm_on: Don't you know? He's utter garbage and a wasted first round pick because Chris Carson was so awesome last year! :sarcasm_off:

olyfan63

Reaction score
Rat":2fw9ldef said:
Amara Darboh. We're going to consider ourselves very, very lucky that he didn't pass that physical with the Patriots.

GeekHawk":2fw9ldef said:
Seymour":2fw9ldef said:
I'm picking CJ Procise. I say he breaks out of physical therapy and makes it to the unemployment office unscathed. :twisted:

Absolutely not. CJ Procise will be put on season-ending IR on the first day of training camp when he gets a papercut from the play book.

Alright, I'll play. Someone needs to pick C.J. Prosise for real. I'll be that sucker.
The breakout is that he makes the team, and is active and plays in 12 or more games this season.
His last surgery was actually successful, is my guess. Carson or Penny gets nicked up for a few games and Prosise plays well in those games.

For real, I will go with... Rashaad Penny, this will be his year. Carson gets his yards and carries, and Penny becomes a consistent threat as a change of pace back.

Tre Flowers already had a breakout year IMO last year. He'll just do even more and better this year. Breakout to another level.

Another breakout player... Keenan Reynolds, getting reps and targets in the slot. With Ursua now pushing him, Reynolds ups his game. Beating out Baldwin... that was just not going to happen.

Break-up players...
I just don't see Amara Darboh making the jump this season, but ya never know, it took Golden Tate 2 years of near-nothing before he broke out. Is Darboh as athletic and competitive as Tate? This would be Darboh's 3rd year. I think it will be break-up, released, instead of break-out.

Conspicuously absent from my break-up list... CJ Prosise. I think he makes the team one more time, is healthy, and gets some reps during weeks when Carson and/or Penny are nicked up.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I´m going with Jamarco Jones really stepping up and keeping the O line solid when the inevitable injury to a starter occurs.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
King Dog":105dg7rv said:
Rasheem Green. 18 sacks. Book it
I've told you a katrilllllion times to quit exaggerating..... he's only going to get 17 sacks. :mrgreen:

Lightone3232

Reaction score
T2 Tedric Thompson.

He has the combination of physical traits and defensive savvy to make explosive plays. He made many of them last year, and could have made many more, as he was in the right place right time, but just couldn't finish. I think having had one more year under his belt we are going to see him lock down the FS position.

D

DomeHawk

chris98251":5y3yrmq8 said:
Russell Wilson, I think the implementation of the new WR's and offense that Schotty only partially implemented last year will raise him to another level once again.

it would be pretty difficult to imagine a player who has led his team to 2 Super Bowls and numerous playoff appearances a "breakout" player, but I also think RW might have an MVP type season this year.

chris98251

Reaction score
DomeHawk":bpcfgxgh said:
chris98251":bpcfgxgh said:

it would be pretty difficult to imagine a player who has led his team to 2 Super Bowls and numerous playoff appearances a "breakout" player, but I also think RW might have an MVP type season this year.

Break out may be a strong term, but if he can with this offense start putting teams to bed in the first half the doubters concerning his ability to run this offense as it should be and not be because he has a defense and or Marshawn Lynch while putting up his best numbers ever passing and having a top 5 rushing team to compliment it he may finally get the credit he deserves. Even from Kurt Warner.................

HawkGA

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":3b1b6fsz said:
David Moore. I see a big impact in his 3rd year and taking control of the #2 WR spot.

He's getting some love from Pete, so we'll see.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I am starting to get really good vibes about David Moore. Pete's comments that his now knows and can play all the WR positions on the team says a lot about his. He showed some flashes last year and is exactly the type that if he could show just a little more and more consistently then his production will be a huge boost to this team. He could very easily be Russell's #2 target if he shows he has it. Between Jaron Brown, DK, and David Moore, I forsee David coming out as the #2 this season.