2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Just a few innings away from having first place all by ourself if Boston can hold on against the Astros.

Felix pitched great, but he did get out of a couple big jams. If a couple at bats go the other way we probably aren't singing this same tune.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":tllubzd0 said:
M's are 26-12 since being blown out by the White Sox on April 23rd
And they have the best record in baseball since Cano was suspended.

hawker84

Reaction score
M's looking great. Felix was decent, less a couple inning jams. Interesting to see how they do against Boston next home stand. Zunino is garbage at the plate... rally killa..... overall pleasantly suprised....

Uncle Si

Reaction score
hawker84":1vs7ds62 said:
M's looking great. Felix was decent, less a couple inning jams. Interesting to see how they do against Boston next home stand. Zunino is garbage at the plate... rally killa..... overall pleasantly suprised....

8 innings, 1 ER, 5 hits, 7 Ks and one BB

That's "decent" these days?

Kept them in the game long enough for the Rays to pull their starter and let the bats win the game. Pretty excellent performance from him, really.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Felix was excellent. The whole staff really pulled things together vs Tampa. The Ray's were the 2nd best hitting team (in Avg) just behind Boston going into the series. Credit where credit is due.

I'm looking forward to Cruz going on a terror now that he's been healthy long enough to get his swing back into a groove. The rest of the guys just need to get on base around him because he's about to make up for lost time in short order I think.

sutz

Reaction score
DJrmb":agcf5cnj said:
Felix was excellent. The whole staff really pulled things together vs Tampa. The Ray's were the 2nd best hitting team (in Avg) just behind Boston going into the series. Credit where credit is due.

I'm looking forward to Cruz going on a terror now that he's been healthy long enough to get his swing back into a groove. The rest of the guys just need to get on base around him because he's about to make up for lost time in short order I think.
Two games in Houston, though. That park is kind of funky to hit in.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Luckily we avoid their three best starting pitchers. The key in all these tough series is don't get swept.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Gonna' be a solid test for the M's. I don't pretend to think we are on the same level of Houston, but it sure is fun to be in the mix.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Off days suck when your team is fun to watch every day.

I got back from Ancient Lakes just in time to catch the entirety of the 8th and 9th yesterday. Looked like a good win and a great way to end a Sunday afternoon M's game.

I'm pleasantly surprised to see them at 37-22 and on top of the AL West for the time being. Can't believe they've gone 15-5 since losing Cano. I know this was one of the easiest stretches of the season, but you still gotta win the games in front of you and the M's have done that. I highly doubt this team in previous years increases their win percentage without Cano for any extended period of time.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3hba6hwl said:
hawker84":3hba6hwl said:

8 innings, 1 ER, 5 hits, 7 Ks and one BB

That's "decent" these days?

Kept them in the game long enough for the Rays to pull their starter and let the bats win the game. Pretty excellent performance from him, really.
Great game by Felix..
I hope he keeps doing whatever he did prior to the game.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Same school Kluber and DeGrom went to, and a couple of draft "experts" said he could be better than those guys. Interesting....in Dipoto we trust.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Low 90's with a good changeup is the CBS sports take

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Bobblehead":23lo7oj4 said:

Were they just guessing? This is a different scouting report.....

Gilbert uses an advanced four pitch arsenal that consists of a fastball that touches 97mph, slider, curve, and change, none of which grade lower than 50. The Florida-native threw up a 0.80 WHIP this past season en route to winning the Atlantic Sun Pitcher of the Year Award, cutting his walk rate down 1.8 K/9 and seeing his strikeout rate jump up to 12.9 K/9. He was equally impressive last summer in the Cape Cod League, where he posted a 1.72 ERA and 0.90 WHIP against the game’s top prospects. "

https://www.lookoutlanding.com/2018/6/4 ... -mlb-draft

Bobblehead

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":3a21m1dv said:
Bobblehead":3a21m1dv said:

Were they just guessing? This is a different scouting report.....

Gilbert uses an advanced four pitch arsenal that consists of a fastball that touches 97mph, slider, curve, and change, none of which grade lower than 50. The Florida-native threw up a 0.80 WHIP this past season en route to winning the Atlantic Sun Pitcher of the Year Award, cutting his walk rate down 1.8 K/9 and seeing his strikeout rate jump up to 12.9 K/9. He was equally impressive last summer in the Cape Cod League, where he posted a 1.72 ERA and 0.90 WHIP against the game’s top prospects. "

https://www.lookoutlanding.com/2018/6/4 ... -mlb-draft

I don't know, but I['m pretty sure if he's a college kid and throwing stuff out like that at 97. he isn't a 16th round pick.