2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":17qp3m5n said:
Shanegotyou11":17qp3m5n said:
SoulfishHawk":17qp3m5n said:
Servais is HORRID at dealing with pitchers. Geezus

Not really. Ppl love to blame servais for everything. Im sorry you cant rely on the pitchers you trust to do their job.

Start blaming the players for not doing their job.

Start blaming jerry for not getting real pitcher's.

Has scott screwed up at times? Yep. However most the time its on the players to hold down the fort.

I’m sorry but this is generally ridiculous imo..

Players can only do their best according to their own abilities. That’s why there’s a such thing as stats and stats analysis, to determine who to have on your team and in what situation to use them. Generally if players fail in certain circumstances, especially when there’s a clear pattern that can be observed, that’s on the management not the players.

Like yelling at a bucket with a hole in the bottom for not holding water.. that’s not at the bucket but on the person who faslsely believes that bucket will hold water and tries to use it for that purpose.

Lastly for a career Nicasio has been a stud 8th inning guy. So by stats and stats analysis, he is the guy you rely on. People blow games and you have to rely on them again. Nicasio has stunk too many times in a row and thats why he ran out pazos and nick who blew it.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Rumor is Ms are interested in trading for Adam Jones. Idk how true it is or how strong it is. Ive just been hearing it.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
We called up Ryan Cook today who hasn't played in the MLB for the past couple years because of injuries. Curious to see what he can do, I heard he was hitting upper 90's in Tacoma.

We can't afford to lose two series to a weak Tigers team. Also heard that Cruz should be back tomorrow.

Crizilla

Reaction score
M's struck out 14 times, Tigers struck out 4 times. What happened to working the count?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Heard Cook looked very good..Why does the 8th have to be so hard?Man...

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3i1m53qo said:
Nick Vincent is a bum in high leverage moments.
Problem is this team has 3 “mop up men” in the bullpen which by my definition is they shouldn’t be in the game unless your team is up or down by 6 runs, and even then have a short leash.

Nicasio, Lawrence, and Vincent Are the 3 mop up men. A bullpen can survive one “mop up man”, 3? Nope!

This team would be in first place currently (despite the injuries, suspension) if they had a manager that realized the strengths and weaknesses of the talent of each pitcher in the bullpen vs his wishful thinking. Instead we get the conventional BS... “we have to get these guys confidence back by pitching in close games” which they then choke yet again.

These 3 should be sent down, let em get their confidence back in triple A.

The players are responsible for their own bad play, the manager is responsible for putting players that continually fail in situations where they fail again that costs your team ball games.

Also Diaz needs a viable 3rd pitch, which should have been mastered during the off-season. Good teams and good hitters have learned when he gets a little wild to “take a way a pitch” and sit on one pitch.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":149tj5pd said:
Shanegotyou11":149tj5pd said:
Problem is this team has 3 “mop up men” in the bullpen which by my definition is they shouldn’t be in the game unless your team is up or down by 6 runs, and even then have a short leash.

Nicasio, Lawrence, and Vincent Are the 3 mop up men. A bullpen can survive one “mop up man”, 3? Nope!

This team would be in first place currently (despite the injuries, suspension) if they had a manager that realized the strengths and weaknesses of the talent of each pitcher in the bullpen vs his wishful thinking. Instead we get the conventional BS... “we have to get these guys confidence back by pitching in close games” which they then choke yet again.

The players are responsible for their own bad play, the manager is responsible for putting players that continually fail in situations where they fail again that costs your team ball games.

Also Diaz needs a viable 3rd pitch, which should have been mastered during the off-season. Good teams and good hitters have learned when he gets a little wild to “take a way a pitch” and sit on one pitch.
Agreed. What's frustrating is Vincent was arguably the beat reliever on this team last year. He was automatic. His struggles are infuriating. Lawrence has been back in Tacoma for about 3 weeks now. He shouldn't even be on the 40 man roster.

And Diaz would really benefit from a 3rd pitch. Hitters kinda know what to expect from him. I was hoping we'd see one this year, but whatever. He's still good, but can struggle at times. I don't think he's as good as some portray him to be.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2xsvl3p6 said:
Shanegotyou11":2xsvl3p6 said:

Soo its the managers fault that he has crappy pitchers and the pitchers the GM bought suck?

If you send those 3 down, you must find 3 to take their place. You cant rely on only 2-3 pitchers. We def need more pitching. The good thing is we are .5 game out of the wc.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3t68dys5 said:
Sports Hernia":3t68dys5 said:
Shanegotyou11":3t68dys5 said:

Agreed. What's frustrating is Vincent was arguably the beat reliever on this team last year. He was automatic. His struggles are infuriating. Lawrence has been back in Tacoma for about 3 weeks now. He shouldn't even be on the 40 man roster.

And Diaz would really benefit from a 3rd pitch. Hitters kinda know what to expect from him. I was hoping we'd see one this year, but whatever. He's still good, but can struggle at times. I don't think he's as good as some portray him to be.

Vincent has never been good in high leverage moments such as the 8th inning. His era balloons from career 3 era to 4.50+.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3lyvtwyc said:
Sports Hernia":3lyvtwyc said:
Shanegotyou11":3lyvtwyc said:

Soo its the managers fault that he has crappy pitchers and the pitchers the GM bought suck?

If you send those 3 down, you must find 3 to take their place. You cant rely on only 2-3 pitchers. We def need more pitching. The good thing is we are .5 game out of the wc.
If that’s what you got out of my post you may want to go re-read it.
It’s the manager’s fault when he puts his struggling and bad pitchers in the game in crucial situations.
The definition of insanity is when you keep doing the same things and expect different results.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Looks like bad Felix showed up. Down 3-0 in the first.
When your fastball and offspeed pitches are the same speed MLB hitters are going to light you up.
Not enough differential in speeds.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1yihonqn said:
Thepeelsessions":1yihonqn said:
Sports Hernia":1yihonqn said:
Shanegotyou11":1yihonqn said:

Vincent has never been good in high leverage moments such as the 8th inning. His era balloons from career 3 era to 4.50+.
So why does he keep getting put into those situations and by whom???

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1qubcb04 said:
When your fastball and offspeed pitches are the same speed MLB hitters are going to light you up.
Can we start over?

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":215npt4c said:
Thepeelsessions":215npt4c said:
Sports Hernia":215npt4c said:
Shanegotyou11":215npt4c said:

Did I say anything about Vincent in high leverage situations? No. I said he was arguably the best reliever in the team last year.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3bockjq5 said:
Damn. It's been so painfully obvious the last few years with Felix. There's no reasoning with this front office clinging to some hope they will never be there regarding Felix. None. He's done. Time to move on. He will not help you win. Cut him and be done with it already, my God. Leake is a better option in the rotation, and that's saying a lot.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
At what point will they just move on from Felix? Is Felix really one of the five best starting pitchers on this staff? Marco has really settled down, I like what I see from him. Leake should get better. LeBlanc has been outstanding so far and I always liked Bergman for what he is. Still got Miranda and Erasamo as well. Our pitching staff will absolutely fall apart if Paxton gets hurt.

I still laugh that this franchise does the Kings Court. Felix is one of the worst starting pitchers in baseball, yet the franchise pretends like he is the same pitcher from a few years ago.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Give it up on Felix.. the guy is pitching till he says he's done..besides, it really shows you the lack of depth in out starting rotation.,

Crizilla

Reaction score
Felix pitched great opening night. I think a better pitching coach would help. Right now though he's leaving too many pitches hanging in the sweet spot of the strike zone and of course his fast ball isn't as fast.

I've given up on Erasmo Rameriz.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":upg8rj7s said:
Shanegotyou11":upg8rj7s said:
Thepeelsessions":upg8rj7s said:
Sports Hernia":upg8rj7s said:

Did I say anything about Vincent in high leverage situations? No. I said he was arguably the best reliever in the team last year.

Nope you didnt. I was just adding on to it.