2017 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
It feels the exact same! Anemic offense, can't hit with bases loaded. Blow the W in the final inning... What's next? Good freaking grief. 3 2 1 it's early it's early it's early 1 2 3

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Well that was a dandy way to start the season.

16 years and counting folks... Could be a long year.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Tonight's game is a exhibit A on how if you mismanage your BP, you can and will lose.
There was zero reason to bring in Diaz when he did and doubled down on the stupidity and pitches him 2 innings.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
What a waste of Pax pitching a great game..I agree on the BP calls,I wish we had a better manager.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Crizilla":2njqvdvp said:
well at least we already got the "bases loaded 0 outs and dont score (besides a walk)" thing out of the way...

I looked at my wife after we failed to get a second run via long lazy pop fly and told her. "I guarantee we lose this:"

Just a terrible AB by Valencia, swinging at garbage out of the gates then Zunino of course strikes out and little Dyson goes down easily.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":21ubjk6i said:
My goodness!!!! Being a M's fan hurts so much. Celine Dion says it best "it's all coming back to me now" ooohhhh the heartache. Bases loaded no outs and we score 1 run via the walk. Then 2 outs 3-2 count bottom of 13 and Springer yorks a 3 run walk off. Unbelievable! I can't believe it!!!! Ya ya ya ya it's early. Don't wanna hear it

Don't forget that the game winner landed in the front row of the shortest left field porch in baseball.

Chapow

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2ru10nwf said:
Seahaaaawks":2ru10nwf said:
My goodness!!!! Being a M's fan hurts so much. Celine Dion says it best "it's all coming back to me now" ooohhhh the heartache. Bases loaded no outs and we score 1 run via the walk. Then 2 outs 3-2 count bottom of 13 and Springer yorks a 3 run walk off. Unbelievable! I can't believe it!!!! Ya ya ya ya it's early. Don't wanna hear it

Don't forget that the game winner landed in the front row of the shortest left field porch in baseball.

Yep. Literally any other ball park in MLB and that's a pop fly out and a win for the Mariners. Doesn't matter though because it wasn't any other ball park.

For only being 3 games into a damn long season, that was an awfully crushing loss. I can't believe I'm saying this already, but it feels like this team really needs a win.

*sigh*

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Chapow":1g8l8u3g said:
gowazzu02":1g8l8u3g said:
Seahaaaawks":1g8l8u3g said:

Yep. Literally any other ball park in MLB and that's a pop fly out and a win for the Mariners. Doesn't matter though because it wasn't any other ball park.

For only being 3 games into a damn long season, that was an awfully crushing loss. I can't believe I'm saying this already, but it feels like this team really needs a win.

*sigh*

Yup im just disappointed we couldn't take advantage. Houston went yabo to left field 4 times in 3 games. Granted the first Springer and Correa homers leave any yard. But the McCan and game winner last night are lazy fly balls in most.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Well, here's to hoping that we can escape Houston with a win tonight and put an end to this unpleasant start to the season. For those who are looking for a glass half full perspective, the Rangers ALSO find themselves at 0-3. The Rangers started off the season last year losing 3 of their first 4 games ... and ended up winning 95 games. Just providing a little perspective.

getnasty

Reaction score
Crumy start but I'm actually ok with it so far. If we can get anywhere near this pitching throughout the season we'll be fine.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
getnasty":3fs5g3ph said:
Crumy start but I'm actually ok with it so far. If we can get anywhere near this pitching throughout the season we'll be fine.

Yeah.. one blown save from 2-2 and so far pitching looks good.

Bats can heat up now

sutz

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1lfze8bp said:
getnasty":1lfze8bp said:

Yeah.. one blown save from 2-2 and so far pitching looks good.

Bats can heat up now
A "blown save" by a rookie in his 1st MLB game. Shouldn't have got that far.

But nice to see the bats warming up a bit over the last couple of games. Should be able to hit in Anaheim. Hopefully.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
I'm already hoping to see some moves. O'Neill bring called up with Martin being sent down. Then Dyson can shift to CF. Martin and Valencia are just uninspiring. They're completely useless at the plate. Both struggled during ST. I'd really like to see more of Motter, who is young and hungry. Plus, O'Malley should be off the DL in a few days. I think he and Motter could do some damage on both sides of the ball

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Boy... Seager is my fav mariner but man oh man does he start off slow. 3rd error and a lot of strike outs. Another offensive no show thus far. Cruz used all his hits in the WBC it looks like.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
2 on no outs and again unable to score a run. I said to my gf, they should just load the bases, then we will be guaranteed not to score. I stood corrected. Apparently it's with runners in scoring position.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
This is ridiculous. However, remember the M's started last year at 2-6. I really want to believe, but it's tough. Spring Training is always so deceiving.