2009 Draft Revisited

sc85sis

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":wy3402oz said:
peachesenregalia":wy3402oz said:
Can you imagine where we'd be now if we HAD taken Sanchez? *shudder*

Dear God, you shall be struck down for uttering those words! :D

But yeah...horrible thought.
He'd have likely stayed on the bench in favor of Hass for a year or two and then Pete and his staff would have been coaching Mark up. I don't know whether Mark would've turned out better in that situation, but I certainly like his chances a lot more.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I dunno, a part of me still thinks that Deon Butler would've had a solid career if it wasn't for him breaking his leg, he was coming along nicely in 2010 til that happened.

ARhawk

Reaction score
I have a much greater admiration for JS and PC after seeing this. I cant believe that we had that bad of a draft just 4 years ago. Its amazing how quickly Pete and John turned this team around and have yet to have anything less than a fantastic draft (jury still out on this year). I don't think we will have any drafts again like we did in 2010-12, in terms of immediate impact, but we definitely have the best guys to make sure we have a ton of talented players on the roster for depth

Tical21

Reaction score
The 2013 draft will be an interesting one to look at in four years.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2hitgu3p said:
Wow...what an abysmal draft!

1 Aaron Curry LB -- released by Giants this weekend
2 Max Unger C -- All Pro stud
3 Deon Butler WR -- released by Chargers this weekend
6 Mike Teel QB -- out of football, never played a down in regular season
7 Courtney Greene S -- out of football; played 30 regular season games with Jaguars 2009-2011
7 Nick Reed DE -- out of football; played 26 regular season games with Seahawks, Bears and Bucs 2009-1011; joined the Air Force
7 Cameron Morrah TE -- recently signed by Lions; 16 regular season receptions 2009-2011 with Seahawks

They drafted Unger as a guard. Spencer was his first overall pick and he wasn't going away from him. Under Ruskell we never see what Unger could be at center until he lands on another team. Thank god Pete and JS were smart enough to realize all those guard problems we had over the years were a direct reflection on the performance of Spencer and ushered the guy out of town.

Remember Simms? He is a border line pro bowler now but next to Spencer he looked very replaceable.