1st timer - Gathering place(s) in Wasilla & Palmer, Alaska?

Spokanefan

Reaction score
Hello, new member here. My Air Force kids just moved to Elmendorf in Anchorage, and they are having a tough time finding where Seahawk fans go to watch games in the Wasilla/Palmer area. Anyone have any tips? Even somewhere in Anchorage might be great, as at this point, they'd probably drive the 45 minutes....

PS - Have read the board faithfully now since 2010, when I first bought season-tickets following going over just once a year from Spokane. Trying to help my kids made me finally join & post something, but now I can at last say what I have thought literally hundreds of times over the years - Thank you, Kip Early, for your amazing work! How is it you aren't doing it professionally? Sure wish you were of the new guy now taking over for Sando on the ESPN blog!

DynoHawk

Reaction score
Spokanefan":117rgs8v said:
Hello, new member here. My Air Force kids just moved to Elmendorf in Anchorage, and they are having a tough time finding where Seahawk fans go to watch games in the Wasilla/Palmer area. Anyone have any tips? Even somewhere in Anchorage might be great, as at this point, they'd probably drive the 45 minutes....

PS - Have read the board faithfully now since 2010, when I first bought season-tickets following going over just once a year from Spokane. Trying to help my kids made me finally join & post something, but now I can at last say what I have thought literally hundreds of times over the years - Thank you, Kip Early, for your amazing work! How is it you aren't doing it professionally? Sure wish you were of the new guy now taking over for Sando on the ESPN blog!

I hear the Palins are big fans.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Spokanefan":b81fsniu said:

Honestly, they can catch most games on the local FOX network. I've looked ahead on the cable guide, and FOX is scheduled to show the Seahawks/Texans and the Seahawks/Colts games the next two weeks. The two games per year that are on CBS aren't usually aired, but there's only one more of those on our schedule and that's the Titans game. I don't know of any places in the Valley (Palmer/Wasilla), although I'm sure there are some, but there are tons around Anchorage. Buffalo Wild Wings, Peanut Farm, Eddie's Sports Bar, just to name a few, all carry the NFL package and have plenty of tv's.

P.S. - Watch this board on Wednesday afternoon. I post a link to the NFL tv map that gets updated with each weeks games and which local channels are broadcasting which games. Wasilla gets Anchorage tv stations, so watch for those. Fairbanks is separate and does their own thing quite often.

Also, I believe there are at least a few fans here from Wasilla/Palmer area that could give more details about that area. Hopefully one will see this thread and add to it

Starrman44

Reaction score
Spokanefan":3qog45iv said:

Now you are bringing back some memories. I grew up in Palmer. Wish I could help you out, but I don't know! Wish I was still up there, though.

AKSeahawker

Reaction score
The games are on fm 94.7 and that station says brought to you by The last Frontier bar. That is close to the base too, but im not sure if they have the games there. The Seahawkers are here in AK its like a club.

scakfan

Reaction score
Don't do bars much anymore but perhaps the Valley Hotel (Palmer) as they have several TV's in their lounge that air sports. The Arctic Circle club on the P/W Hwy is the only real sports bar in the Valley that I know of with a wide variety of patrons that support various teams including the Hawks. Having grew up in Eagle River, AK but spending college days in Wisconsin I and several Alaskans were Packer fans. I was until that incessant whining from Rogers about the hailmary game against Seattle.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
The MatSu Valley area has a very lively bar scene, but be careful as there are lots of unpredictable types out there, like affiliated bikers, rednecks, tweakers, and tweaked out biker rednecks. It may have since changed, but "back in the day", last call for alcohol was at 5am in Wasilla. Should be lots of Hawk friendly places to watch the game, but look out, Alaska has a good number of Green Bay fans as well.

mikeak

Reaction score
AKSeahawker":3d7c3eer said:
The games are on fm 94.7 and that station says brought to you by The last Frontier bar. That is close to the base too, but im not sure if they have the games there. The Seahawkers are here in AK its like a club.

LOL I have never realized that the games are on the radio. I use like 6 preset stations and never scan and for sports just use 550AM which runs the ESPN show.

So thanks a bunch I will use this. I would have used it last week since the Jacksonville game wasn't on

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
DynoHawk":1b3rl1dm said:
Spokanefan":1b3rl1dm said:

I hear the Palins are big fans.

I kind of wish we knew for sure. Does anyone know?

scakfan

Reaction score
Haven't talked to or seen Sarah since her new found stardom. No clue....

scakfan

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":3km9hzfq said:
The MatSu Valley area has a very lively bar scene, but be careful as there are lots of unpredictable types out there, like affiliated bikers, rednecks, tweakers, and tweaked out biker rednecks. It may have since changed, but "back in the day", last call for alcohol was at 5am in Wasilla. Should be lots of Hawk friendly places to watch the game, but look out, Alaska has a good number of Green Bay fans as well.

Man you are going back to the 80's. No more happy hours or early morning bar closings. Regrettable or not we probable have more churches per capita then nearly anywhere else in the country. Most of the undesirables these days hang out in outlier areas.

DynoHawk

Reaction score
Let’s assume that because Pain is wearing a McNabb jersey in the video, she has some type of affinity for the Eagles. Does she only support the Eagles? Well, when I wrote last month that Joe Biden is a Steelers fan, Captain Easychord shared a July 2007 Pittsburgh Tribune-Review article which showed that Palin is also a Steelers fan. So is she a Steelers fan, an Eagles fan, or both? This is where things get even more complex. Sarah Palin is also a member of the official Seattle Seahawks official fan club, the Seahawkers.** Super Bowl XL must have been tough for her since two of her favorite teams were playing against each other.

http://seanramblings.blogspot.com/2008/ ... pport.html

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
Spokanefan":3c0koo4t said:

Check out the Mat-Su Sea Hawkers for Wasilla/Palmer and the Midnight Sun Sea Hawkers for Anchorage they usually have a dedicated place they watch the games. Kind of nice to hang out with other fans sometimes. From my experience, they are kid (not kidhawk) friendly places.

AKSeahawker

Reaction score
mikeak":222ae6nw said:
AKSeahawker":222ae6nw said:

LOL I have never realized that the games are on the radio. I use like 6 preset stations and never scan and for sports just use 550AM which runs the ESPN show.

So thanks a bunch I will use this. I would have used it last week since the Jacksonville game wasn't on
Yeah, I listened to the game while driving back from Denali and had good reception the whole way.

m0ng0

Reaction score
I love that area, planning to shoot the lights on a saturday evening and catch a game up there on sunday !

scakfan

Reaction score
m0ng0":2pgtnorx said:
I love that area, planning to shoot the lights on a saturday evening and catch a game up there on sunday !

Hope you get clear weather as is pretty socked in right now. Nice pics!

jonkchar

Reaction score
550am carries the SNF and MNF games. For Seahawks you'll want to tune into 1080am and/or 94.7fm :)

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Spokanefan":3cgj52xl said:

Wasilla. Ugh.