12th Man in Arizona

twelthmanfan

Reaction score
Living in Los Angeles, we went over to Phoenix to watch the game. On Thursday, the wife and I drove over and checked in at the Staybridge near the stadium. We got out of our car and it was a maze of Seahawk fans. We walked to a place called McFaddens and that is where the madness was happening. According to Softy, over 40 kegs and a hundred cases of beer mainlined before the game. As we walked, I heard one Cardinal fan say, they are everywhere!!

We got to our seats and man were they good seats. At the 30 in row 11. Just above the NFL broadcast stage that was set up on the field and we were surrounded by fans. As the game went on, the sound got louder and it stayed that way until Russell departed the stage back to the dressing room. My wife and I were very proud of how the 12th man showed up and played such a roll in this victory. We are not rich but we managed to scrap a few bucks up and get tickets for the game in Seattle against the Vikings. Our first game in Seattle is going to be exciting.

nategreat

Reaction score
Yeah, McFadden's was packed like sardines. 99.9% Seahawks fans, not even an exaggeration. It was great! And I loved how they started playing Seattle's best in there, like Nirvana and Sir Mix-A-Lot. Taking over McFadden's is an understatement!

dbsn2420

Reaction score
I loved the way the 12's repped! Kept it classy on TV during the Wilson post game interview (unlike SF fans) and showed the rest of the country how to do it right! That SEA-HAWKS chant with a few minutes left in the game was epic!

bryantology79

Reaction score
e8esyvaq.jpg

that's mcfaddens on the left, some fenced off activity area on the right

veqyqu5a.jpg

one side of mcfadden's patio area

ihawk

Reaction score
@twelthmanfan, I was 4 rows behind you with my 2 young sons. There was a lot of blue in the stadium for sure. Best part of the night was in the 4th quarter when every 12th Man in the entire place was in unison on the "SEA-HAAAAWKS!" chant. It was booming like a home game. You could tell even our players were surprised by the way they turned around in amazement. A lot of people I talked to who watched the game were shocked by how many seattle fans they could see in the stands during the post-game interviews. But that wasn't the half of them. Security stopped letting people into that section within a few minutes after the game. Awesome road game. We completely took over the place.

pmedic920

Reaction score
That's great. I was so proud of the 12s support at that game.

Hope we can do it again in Atlanta. I know I will do what I can.

Looking to fill Stats Bar in Atlanta Sat. Eve.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
The guy that owns McFadden's cleared 6 figures and sold out of everything...literally EVERYTHING, not a scrap to eat or drink left in the place and was up counting $$$ until 8am the next morning according to an interview he gave on Friday on KJR. He's more than willing to make it a "Seahawks" bar one weekend every year after what went down on Thursday Night, and also if we happen to be playing on that Sunday in February when everyone in the world is watching after next season at Pink Taco Field he's down for a party then as well.

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
Just a great experience in Arizona, The parking area was huge (and only $10?) and the tailgating area was abundant. We stopped in at McFaddens too and the 12th man was just everywhere. The loud Sea-hawks chant during the last 2:00 seriously gave me goosebumps...not sure if I was proud or just stunned by the volume and unity of the cheering. Then being part of the post-game show crowd and cheering when Russell came out was just the icing on the cake.

Talk about representing our city and team...almost every hawk fan I saw was wearing a jersey, cheering, holding a sign, 12th man flag and being awesome. I heard a brief "Cardinals Suck" chant, but it was quickly gone when other hawk fans said "Hey none of that" and I only saw one hawk fan involved in a fight (actually a shoving match and both were thrown out). Some of the Cards fans around us just left their flag on the ground and left mid 4th quarter. The ones that stayed were asking about Seahawks related things and couldn't believe how good our defense was playing or how amazing Russell Wilson was to see in person. A lot of the cards fans were pretty cool to talk to during the tail gating and around our seats.

Afterwards we went to the Yard House for beers and some post game nourishment and still had Hawk fans yelling Sea- Hawks! I haven't even mentioned the nice sun, great food and just a nice couple of days in warm weather.

It sure was a nice trip and great to see all the support from all of you that went. For all of you going to other away games, keep it rolling...it's powerful