12's donating to UCSF Childrens Hospital - GIVE TODAY!

irocdave

Reaction score
IllWill49":3st3fpq9 said:
irocdave":3st3fpq9 said:
Man, I am really disappointed in the webzones fan base. I wasn't expecting much more than what is transpiring after posting a link to this sites donation thread. How do the real 49ers fans allow the idiots to overrun that place? For any of the local niners fans, how can you honestly defend the crap that is spewed on that site? I know that their are some very leveled headed knowledgeable fans there but they don't hold the idiots in check. We have posters that are of the same mentality here but dam, they are not as arrogant or downright repulsive as webzone posters. Guess I need to find a different 49er forum to base my opinions off of. there's no way in hell their all this ignorant. I went to HS in Sacramento, most of my friends were SF fans, don't remember them being this obnoxious. Must be the younger generation of SF fans. weren't even born when the niners won their last Lombardy. Piss poor job of parenting is where I place the blame.

Webzone is a cesspool and a horrible place to talk football. I only go there for links to 49er news and some of the articles are decent reads. There is a great Niner community on http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/san-francisco-49ers/ I think you could get a good response there or on the 49ers.com message boards.

Thanks for posting a link to a respectable niner forum. Are all of webzones posters brain damaged? WTF? how can people not get behind raising money for Children's Hospitals? That site gives 49er fans a bad rep, for some reason it is the largest forum for that fan base. You nailed it, cesspool is the word that best describes it. Holly cow, do those kids have parents?

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Looks like they moved the Seahawks thread to a member only locked down section on webzone. Wouldn't want any football information messing up their complaining and chest beating. I was fairly appalled by their reaction to this being posted there.

hawkfan51

Reaction score
12 bucks x 7 grandkids...so blessed they are all happy n' healthy!! Bless those less fortunate, and what a wonderful idea and great way for "ALL" 12's to give !! GO HAWKS! :th2thumbs:

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
This morning's update show's $18160 has been pledged to the UCSF hospital and $14080 for Seattle Childrens totalling $32340.

12's are making an impact and leading the donations.

drdiags

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":30t6qq97 said:
This morning's update show's $18160 has been pledged to the UCSF hospital and $14080 for Seattle Childrens totalling $32340.

Is there some separate accounting other than the GoFundMe page? I see it is settling down around $9.4K so I was wondering where these numbers come from.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
drdiags":30trbyu9 said:
LudwigsDrummer":30trbyu9 said:

Is there some separate accounting other than the GoFundMe page? I see it is settling down around $9.4K so I was wondering where these numbers come from.
The higher totals include the matching funds from others, not just the raw donations.

pmedic920

Reaction score
5k from John Howie restaurants. Total raised by the fans via this campaign is almost 15k. When the matching pledges are added in the total comes to just under 50k.

The different numbers are because they are not counting the "matching pledges" in the total raised by fans. The original goal was set at 20k and we are about 5k short of that.
Here is a screen shot of the update email I received today. Hope this clears it up a lil bit.
ame4ameg.jpg

SF-Wald

Reaction score
Great Job guys! Keep up the classy work! Bringing tangible help to our least fortunate through sports/rivalries. I love it.

49ers

Reaction score
This is the stuff I like.

High five to all the classy fans from both teams!

kjreid

Reaction score
Hype this for the SF vs SEA NFC championship week and the doors will be busted off the goals!!!

Zorn76

Reaction score
It's nice to see a children's hospital fund competition come out of all the original silliness, IMO.

OrFan

Reaction score
Bump. Please read the new messages on the donation site. The 49ers have agreed to match what is given this week, up to $100,000.

OrFan

Reaction score
Most recent update, not just other donor, but the SF 49ers.

New Update from Christopher...
Big News!

The San Francisco 49ers have graciously agreed to match whatever we raise THIS WEEK until the big game up to $100,000!!! They are going to do this for both our page and the Niner's billboard fund (that's donating their excess to Seattle Children's Hospital)!!!

More details to come... If anyone has news connections and can help spread the word on this, please do!

-Christopher

Latest posts