12:12? Bleck.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
So I spent the past year using 12:12 on the clock, morning or midnight, as a way to meditate on one single premise. A mantra to be repeated at every single opportunity when the clock showed two twelves exactly...A way to ensure that the Football Gods would grant my very wish simply by the incantation itself:

"The Seattle Seahawks are going to win Super Bowl 50."

Seems like a slam dunk to me, right?

If I had to guess how many times I saw 12:12 on the clock last year I would say hundreds of times, easily. And hundreds of times I said that very incantation.

Not that I am superstitious or anything.

So we all know what happened - or did not happen more precisely. So now I sit here feeling betrayed, played the fool by the Football Gods, something I should have known would happen all along. Yet I felt so sure, so convinced that my innocuous offering would somehow please the said Football Gods and grant me this wish.

And now, to make matters worse, I am left to ponder the reality that we now live in a world where Marshawn Lynch is relegated to the realms of highlight footage and memory as the only way we can see him again. Like all the Seahawks greats before like Jones, Largent, Pehawk...Wait, what? (Just seeing if you have bothered to read this far).

Okay, so I admit. I am a bit disillusioned that this Original 12 (oh yes I am copyrighting that shiz) has no say at all in the way things work out.

Who knew? :Dunno:

pehawk

Reaction score
I think the problem is you focusing and owning a marketing gimmick as something organic. The term "12's" has all the spirituality and authenticity of McDonald's "I'm loving it" campaign, Nike's "just do it" or Mountain Dews extreme sports sponsorship. It's prepackaged fanaticism being lapped up by novice soccer mom's and people desperate to be a part of something.

You're searching for the wrong hints, sweetie.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Yes -- the "12" obsession has gotten so far out hand it I wish someone would just pass a law and get rid of it for good.

If you want to meditate, close your eye and picture Marshawn tossing Tracy Porter like a rag doll.

Picture Steve Largent exacting righteous revenge on Mike Harden

Remember Kam Chancellor making the entire Denver receiving corps quit in the first quarter.

Cortez Kennedy winning that one game in 1992 in honor of the great Pete Gross.

The complete strangers you hugged as the clock approached 0:00 January 22, 2006.

And the list goes on and on....

It's the memories, Todd. It's always about the memories. And trust me when I say, there will be a lot more to come.

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't re call a magic 8 ball thread last season, probably started there.

Seahawk772002

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":fa4ott7v said:
Yes -- the "12" obsession has gotten so far out hand it I wish someone would just pass a law and get rid of it for good.

If you want to meditate, close your eye and picture Marshawn tossing Tracy Porter like a rag doll.

Picture Steve Largent exacting righteous revenge on Mike Harden

Remember Kam Chancellor making the entire Denver receiving corps quit in the first quarter.

Cortez Kennedy winning that one game in 1992 in honor of the great Pete Gross.

The complete strangers you hugged as the clock approached 0:00 January 22, 2006.

And the list goes on and on....

It's the memories, Todd. It's always about the memories. And trust me when I say, there will be a lot more to come.

Nice selection of memories, all of them special.

Is it fair to say perceptions of the memories have changed since 02/02/2014.

Long time 30+ year fans remember the Largent hit.

The Kennedy moment on MNF in 1992 you had to be real fan to watch that lethargic game remembering Tom Flores was so emotional giving game ball to Pete Gross three days before he passed away in the darkest season in my opinion in the 40 year history of the club. That 1992 season with only wins over Denver and New England make 02/02/2014 even more special.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
pehawk":k5q33fg6 said:
I think the problem is you focusing and owning a marketing gimmick as something organic. The term "12's" has all the spirituality and authenticity of McDonald's "I'm loving it" campaign, Nike's "just do it" or Mountain Dews extreme sports sponsorship. It's prepackaged fanaticism being lapped up by novice soccer mom's and people desperate to be a part of something.

You're searching for the wrong hints, sweetie.

Don't front tho, Mountain Dew knocked it out the park with the "Westbrook in sunglasses at night and lime green pimpsuit, sliding thru the VIP ropes at a bunk ass club" idea. Admit it Dammit!

I'll see my way out.

/*swigs room temperature Dr Pepper and mean mugs my newborn, sleeping son*/

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
/*gliiiides back in*/

I will admit that I was hoping my son would have held out, at his mother's expense, until February 12th to enter this world, I was born on January 12th. But alas, he came on his own schedule, like a true playa OG, Triple OG. So no complaints.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
hgwellz12":15hmmrno said:
/*gliiiides back in*/

I will admit that I was hoping my son would have held out, at his mother's expense, until February 12th to enter this world, I was born on January 12th. But alas, he came on his own schedule, like a true playa OG, Triple OG. So no complaints.

Top Flight... of the world.

Latest posts