0-3 Without Thomas

Trrrroy

Reaction score
I love Earl. Seeing him in another uniform would be like seeing Walter Jones in another uniform. Pay the man.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Aros":3qlh13i2 said:
Seymour":3qlh13i2 said:
Aros":3qlh13i2 said:
If we can get a GOOD trade deal, you move him. He has mentally checked out as a Seattle Seahawk. He is producing on the field because of his talent and that's his only way to present a resume to potential suitors. It has nothing to do with wanting to help this team. It's all about him and Lord knows, he needs to feed his family. :roll:

Interesting discussion point....has he??

Not so sure myself. By most accounts he looks and sounds like he has, but once Earl hit's the field it's pretty much game on and he knows just one speed. Point being....On Sundays he's not looking "checked out".

Again, he is producing because that's who he is as a player. He also is trying to prove to the NFL he is far from done.

None of his productivity is wanting to be a Seahawk. Kam is gone, Richard is gone. The LOB is done.

He. Wants. Out.

I agree with most of that Aros, but Earl did look like he is getting along with his teammates quite well and was having fun out there. I think the lack of interest for him may have woken him up a bit (but not entirely or realistically)....but for the most part I agree otherwise.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":s193bvj4 said:
He. Wants. Out.

Believe me, Earl would find it in his hear to forgive everyone if we gave him his extension.

He's a child throwing a tantrum, at us, at Dallas yesterday, might as well have flopped on the floor and held his breath. This is some of the most immature childish displays out of an athlete I've ever witnessed.

toffee

Reaction score
Seymour":7jcv7eou said:
Aros":7jcv7eou said:
If we can get a GOOD trade deal, you move him. He has mentally checked out as a Seattle Seahawk. He is producing on the field because of his talent and that's his only way to present a resume to potential suitors. It has nothing to do with wanting to help this team. It's all about him and Lord knows, he needs to feed his family. :roll:

Interesting discussion point....has he??

Not so sure myself. By most accounts he looks and sounds like he has, but once Earl hit's the field it's pretty much game on and he knows just one speed. Point being....On Sundays he's not looking "checked out".
does feeelance = checked out. He almost costed us a TD, luckily the girl stepped out of bound. At this moment, Earl is out for for Earl. Whatever he could do to pad his stat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjdriver

Reaction score
Trrrroy":5i8dler1 said:
I love Earl. Seeing him in another uniform would be like seeing Walter Jones in another uniform. Pay the man.

If Earl was a Left Tackle of the caliber that he is at his position, I would agree without reservation. As a safety, I’m Inot sure you lock him up with huge guaranteed money long term. Especially when you’ve just been burned.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3p0nev9t said:
He's a child throwing a tantrum, at us, at Dallas yesterday, might as well have flopped on the floor and held his breath. This is some of the most immature childish displays out of an athlete I've ever witnessed.

Yep, agreed. We all know Earl is an eccentric Soul but this whole thing has just been beyond silly. So ready for this to be over. I guess he's a Chief now? Whatever. Let's just be done with this whole tirade.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I dont see how we can keep him. The contract will be massive and more importantly as others have said, he really doesnt seem like he wants to be here.

King Dog

Reaction score
I want to keep him. Gonna be elite for another three years no problem. We will screw up our offensive line pick we get for the draft pick anyway.

mikeak

Reaction score
Maybe if he was there in the offseason and helped build a cohesive unit we would be 3-0....

Just saying

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":370hwc57 said:
Aros":370hwc57 said:
He. Wants. Out.

Believe me, Earl would find it in his hear to forgive everyone if we gave him his extension.

While I agree, still doesn't come close to Cam when he literally flopped on the floor and threw a tantrum during the Super Bowl.

Smellyman

Reaction score
His two picks were two tipped balls made by teammates. Sure right place at right time, but It bounced right to him and who knows, Thompson could hae been there too.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":qg3ib8q6 said:
Well we were 0-2 with him before yesterday

we were 0-2 but still in the game. I doubt we're even in them without Thomas, and I doubt we win games against contenders this year without Thomas.

As long as he shows up on Sunday, let him play out the year and walk in free agency. We do not have a viable replacement on the roster. We might next year.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_Seahawks/status/1044326295654387712[/tweet] [tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_Seahawks/status/1044370264790716417[/tweet]

JumpmanXhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":25onecjf said:
TwistedHusky":25onecjf said:
Is there any truth to the rumor that he took less the first time so the rest of the LOB could get their contracts?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was the highest paid safety in the NFL when he took that contract. I call BS on that!

Both things can be true, just because you're the highest paid at your position doesn't mean you didn't settle to help the team a little. Because at the time Earl could've asked for a crazy team crippling contract and they would've paid it.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":3132fmy5 said:
I'm not a Thomas fan and even I can see the impact he's having when he's on the field. I say pay the man. Why not? I know we are still paying some salaries of players that were forced into retirement but Sherman's gone, Bennett is gone, Kam and Avril are gone. Who are we paying? There must be money to blow on Thomas and still pay Russ!

Let's see. Clark and Wright are in final years. Bobby and Russ have one year left. Reed is coming up for an extension. There isn't a lot of money when you count those salaries. If we lose Bobby and KJ for Earl, are we really a better team?

In today's can't touch the receivers league, the best pass defense is a pass rushing defense. You need pass rushers more than you need elite safeties.

So I say that they should pay Thomas what they can afford and if he wants more then its goodbye.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Madrid Hawk":2b2nlur2 said:
The Seahawks didn't lose the first two games because of Earl Thomas.

An argument could be made that he cost us the first game. He only played about half the Defensive snaps, and when he was out, that was when Denver moved the ball best. He sat out plays because he missed the entire offseason by choice and wasn't ready for a full workload.

If he played like normal in that 1st game, I think it's likely the Hawks win that one.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3swxuxdd said:
Madrid Hawk":3swxuxdd said:
The Seahawks didn't lose the first two games because of Earl Thomas.

An argument could be made that he cost us the first game. He only played about half the Defensive snaps, and when he was out, that was when Denver moved the ball best. He sat out plays because he missed the entire offseason by choice and wasn't ready for a full workload.

If he played like normal in that 1st game, I think it's likely the Hawks win that one.

He played on 86% of defensive snaps that game, not half.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2hzbruf6 said:
Sgt. Largent":2hzbruf6 said:

we were 0-2 but still in the game. I doubt we're even in them without Thomas, and I doubt we win games against contenders this year without Thomas.

As long as he shows up on Sunday, let him play out the year and walk in free agency. We do not have a viable replacement on the roster. We might next year.

Seymour wrote 0-3 without Thomas.........and I was reminding him that we were 0-2 with Earl, so whatever point he's trying to make doesn't hold a lot of water.

Earl's a great player, and obviously we're a better defense with him, than without him. But the reason we won Sunday was not because of Earl, it's because our offense finally played well, ran the ball and didn't turn the ball over.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ugxpjf7 said:
MontanaHawk05":1ugxpjf7 said:
Sgt. Largent":1ugxpjf7 said:

Seymour wrote 0-3 without Thomas.........and I was reminding him that we were 0-2 with Earl, so whatever point he's trying to make doesn't hold a lot of water.

Earl's a great player, and obviously we're a better defense with him, than without him. But the reason we won Sunday was not because of Earl, it's because our offense finally played well, ran the ball and didn't turn the ball over.

Isn't my point obvious? I'll spell it out. Earl is worth a couple of W's per season and IMO we just saw one of them because turnovers are game changers. There better?