You Only Have to get Hot at the End...

ACFan

Reaction score
...to win a championship.

Continuing to play like crud and getting bounced out of the playoffs is clearly within the realm of possibilities. If that is what one chooses to envision, there are plenty of reasons to think that may happen.

But getting hot at the end and winning it all is possible too. How I see that happening would be a perfect cap on the season for me.

In fact, I'll predict that's what happens, since I got nothing to lose. :)

Alex Collins will have a breakout game against SF, and it's going to pump life into the offense. Just like the start of the 2nd half last week, we are going to go right down the field and score 7, we'll begin to do that a lot more often when AC is back there, it's starts Sunday.

The defense will feed off that, have pressure taken off of them because of it, and will be performing as well as ever.

At that point, we'll be playing at a level to compete and beat the likes of Dallas and NE.

Alex Collins will spearhead a resurgence of the run game, and when Rawls and/or Prosise are rested and recovered, it will only be strengthened.

We're Super Bowl Champs, and Alex Collins gets penciled in as the primary RB for 2017.

That's my ultimate fantasy, and I'm sticking to it. :)

Followthelegion

Reaction score
wow that's an awful lot of optimism for Alex Collins!

Ah well, he had a nice game vs Arizona so who knows. I still think getting Prosise back will be the game changer for this run offense. We haven't had him, Rawls and Wilson healthy together yet.

Largent80

Reaction score
He had a good game, but just one game. While that may be promising, it is hardly anything to be putting all the eggs in one basket.

I would like us to address RB in the next draft as there are a ton of them this year. (As well as the obvious O-Line).

Regarding getting hot, The game last Saturday would have been a statement going into the playoffs and what it was showed how much we miss Earl Thomas. Even with Wagner and Wright having their best years, the defense looks horrid in these last 3 losses.

In the playoffs the competition gets much tougher, and usually the Hawks are asserting themselves. They are instead like a rudderless ship. Yeah there is always a chance of correcting it and getting confident again, but I just don't see it happening.

OP
OP
ACFan

ACFan

Reaction score
Followthelegion":3bjx56go said:
wow that's an awful lot of optimism for Alex Collins!

Ah well, he had a nice game vs Arizona so who knows. I still think getting Prosise back will be the game changer for this run offense. We haven't had him, Rawls and Wilson healthy together yet.

We are going to need 12 quarters of solid production from the run game once the playoffs start.

Rawls and Prosise combined have not produced a consecutive stretch of 12 quarters of solid run production all year, despite plenty of opportunities.

I understand Collins hasn't either, but he hasn't had their opportunities. He hasn't been ready for the opps they have had up until now. The coaches are saying it's finally "clicked" for him, which is what many have been saying needed to happen for him. He's the current hot hand.

If we are to get 12 quarters of solid run production, he seems the logical choice to be a central cog in it.

Largent80":3bjx56go said:
He had a good game, but just one game. While that may be promising, it is hardly anything to be putting all the eggs in one basket.

Understood, but he's One for One in having good games ( the opps given to him), that's a lot higher % than any other RB on the roster right now. He won't be the only "basket" in the run game, but I think he is the best "roll of the dice" if we are looking for a RB to spark and stabilize the offense. I say stabilize partially because he can actually play 12 straight quarters without getting hurt, also because he can play every down.

Largent80":3bjx56go said:
Regarding getting hot, The game last Saturday would have been a statement going into the playoffs and what it was showed how much we miss Earl Thomas. Even with Wagner and Wright having their best years, the defense looks horrid in these last 3 losses.

In the playoffs the competition gets much tougher, and usually the Hawks are asserting themselves. They are instead like a rudderless ship. Yeah there is always a chance of correcting it and getting confident again, but I just don't see it happening.

I can only agree with most everything here, except I CAN "see" it happeneing, a few different ways, with the most logical way (to me) being the thought behind this thread.

MontanaHawk05":3bjx56go said:
Of course this is about Alex and not the Seahawks... :D

I'm going to have to own that to a degree, I'm guilty of wanting to see my favorite player rescue my favorite team and win it all.

It could happen, and I want to believe. but yea, I mostly own that.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Only team I can recall ever getting hot, literally at the start of the playoffs all the way to a Super Bowl was the Ravens a few years back. So not saying it can't happen, it's just very rare for a team playing its worst football of the season to flip that switch and play its best. So I love your optimism, I just don't see it as teams usually don't rally this late in the year.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
ACFan":77627mza said:
I'm going to have to own that to a degree, I'm guilty of wanting to see my favorite player rescue my favorite team and win it all.

It could happen, and I want to believe. but yea, I mostly own that.

So... Your adopt a rookie is... Tanner right?

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1n2pdq6g said:
Only team I can recall ever getting hot, literally at the start of the playoffs all the way to a Super Bowl was the Ravens a few years back. So not saying it can't happen, it's just very rare for a team playing its worst football of the season to flip that switch and play its best. So I love your optimism, I just don't see it as teams usually don't rally this late in the year.
The Giants did it too (won the SB from #6 at 9-7) but yes a big flip of the switch here seems unlikely.

However, but for a couple blown pass defenses we would have creamed Arizona even despite the slow start. The light may be on a dimmer more than a switch and needs just a good dial up.

edit: love the OP optimism, including for AC

Jerhawk

Reaction score
It's great to be optimistic. Let's hope your fantasy comes to fruition

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
They had a chance to get it going last week and screwed the pooch.

But, I agree. If they come out and blow the doors off of SF this weekend, maybe that is the start.

For my money, they are wildly inconsistent with some seriously fatal flaws (O line, lack of pressure by D line, no Earl) - I just think it is all too much to overcome.

But that's why we play the games, right? I like our chances in a home playoff game, regardless of opponent. After that, we'll see.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":19rtup60 said:

2010 Packers

2008 Cardinals, even though they didnt win the SB

Followthelegion

Reaction score
Vpk0718":300wl1uw said:
Hasselbeck":300wl1uw said:

2010 Packers

really no one going to mention the 2006 steelers? No one? OK maybe I don't want to start a firestorm on .NET and get booted out :shock:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Vpk0718":3i9d4acg said:
Hasselbeck":3i9d4acg said:

2010 Packers

The 2010 Packers started their run before the playoffs began, as did the Giants team mentioned that beat the 18-0 Patriots. The Cardinals did indeed get going come playoff time though, however their offense was a sleeping giant.. I don't think ours is anywhere near that.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
I was with ya until "Alex Collins gets penciled in as the primary RB for 2017."

Stranger things have happened though.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Followthelegion":3nctmbgm said:
Vpk0718":3nctmbgm said:
Hasselbeck":3nctmbgm said:

2010 Packers

really no one going to mention the 2006 steelers? No one? OK maybe I don't want to start a firestorm on .NET and get booted out :shock:

Sure, that counts. Even though they "won" the Super Bowl.

A team can get hot halfway through the season, right at the end of the season, or starting in the playoffs. All of it has happened before and will happen multiple times again. Sure, teams that are great all season long have an outstanding chance at winning it all, but that's why they have the playoffs, and that's why those teams don't always win.

:irishdrinkers:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
themunn":1ptkbd0i said:
The 2011 Giants lost 5 of their last 8

Won 3 of their last 4 entering the playoffs and showed that "look" they showed in 2008.