The 2 greatest WR's to ever play, have played for Seattle

sutz

Reaction score
Jerry Rice doesn't really count for me. Well past his prime when he got here and the whole jersey fiasco still bites my ass. He'll never really be a Seahawk for me.

Steve Largent, now he was a SEAHAWK!

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
Jerry Rice doesn't really count for me. Well past his prime when he got here and the whole jersey fiasco still bites my ass. He'll never really be a Seahawk for me.

Agreed. I’d prefer to forget he borrowed Largent’s jersey for a few minutes.

Rat

Reaction score
Rice was so bad he literally cost us nothing. The conditions on the 7th rounder we sent to the Raiders weren't met.

Hawknight

Reaction score

I was just answering two of the greatest WR to ever play and PLAYED for Seattle. Respected him as a player not that he played for Seattle or took #80 jersey. He was washed up by that point.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
I was just answering two of the greatest WR to ever play and PLAYED for Seattle. Respected him as a player not that he played for Seattle or took #80 jersey. He was washed up by that point.
Yep…and we offered our thoughts on the subject. How it works.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Rice, greatest ever, but, oh man, here I thought you were going to go all fan-boy for Brandon Marshall as #2, and instead you fan up for Jake Bobo! Now that's some commitment to your crystal ball!

There was that Largent guy who played here who wasn't too bad, but the pundits said he was too small, too slow, and too photogenic. So TPTB sent him to Congress as punishment for exceeding their expectations.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Pretty wild that even though Rice was old enough to be the young dudes' dad he still got like 350 yards and 3 TDs in 11 games. This playing a position where acceleration and top speed are key.

But while the technical definition of "played for Seattle" is met here, Rice didn't play for the Seahawks in any real sense. He wasn't even a one year rental; he was a midseason trade.

seabowl

Reaction score
Frankly, I do not understand the point of this thread other than as a complete spoof