Who will cover the Rams?

AvengerRam

Reaction score
Marvin49":60spjacd said:
AvengerRam":60spjacd said:
Marvin49":60spjacd said:
I have COMMON SENSE, some thing you clearly lack. You also have no proof that I'm WRONG about listed weights. I don't NEED proof to prove something that well known if you have been a fan for more than 10 minutes. LISTED WEIGHTS DON'T CHANGE EVERY YEAR.

Even if you're right (which you're not) we are talking about a freakin' 2 lb difference. LOL. Have him eat a good turkey dinner and its over 10 lbs. Are you so deparate to be right that you are arguing 2 freakin lbs!?!

...and he says I'M a tool. Wow

You are dumber than a box of rocks.

I don't have to prove anything. Its your assertion (that Harvin is 10-15 pounds heavier than Austin). You have to prove it. You have failed.

Also, you completely ignore the fact that Austin is 8 lbs. lighter and 3 inches shorter. That suggests that Austin may very well have a MORE solid build than Harvin.

Now go away, silly person.

OMG....I'M dumber than a box of rocks!?!

Listen dumbskull, I was the person who pointed to Harvins height TO BEGIN WITH. YOU are the one making a big deal over a supposed TWO FREAKIN' LBs. EVEN IF YOU WERE RIGHT...it's 2 damn pounds!!! I'M the one that's dumb? Look in the freakin mirror homey.

BTW Jacka$$...for what it's worth...

http://www.chacha.com/question/how-much ... rvin-weigh
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_does ... rvin_weigh

or how about his own page...

http://percyharvin.com/

So...you're right....it's not 10-15lbs. It's more like 20-30 lbs. Now bite me sheep lover.

So, if we assume that Tavon Austin's weight on the Rams' site is correct, but Percy Harvin's weight on the Seahawks' site is incorrect, and that his true weight is reflected on his web page, then there would be a 19 lb difference (your math skills are a bit faulty). Of course, if all sources are suspect, then I guess we don't what Austin's weight is either.

None of this, of course, changes my opinion. Austin and Harvin are both small WRs who rely on speed. Those who dismiss Austin as an injury risk, while not doing the same for Harvin (or Wes Welker, or Steve Smith, or Randall Cobb, etc.) are being inconsistent.

Marvin49

Reaction score
AvengerRam":2ochfrjj said:
Marvin49":2ochfrjj said:
AvengerRam":2ochfrjj said:
You are dumber than a box of rocks.

I don't have to prove anything. Its your assertion (that Harvin is 10-15 pounds heavier than Austin). You have to prove it. You have failed.

Also, you completely ignore the fact that Austin is 8 lbs. lighter and 3 inches shorter. That suggests that Austin may very well have a MORE solid build than Harvin.

Now go away, silly person.

OMG....I'M dumber than a box of rocks!?!

Listen dumbskull, I was the person who pointed to Harvins height TO BEGIN WITH. YOU are the one making a big deal over a supposed TWO FREAKIN' LBs. EVEN IF YOU WERE RIGHT...it's 2 damn pounds!!! I'M the one that's dumb? Look in the freakin mirror homey.

BTW Jacka$$...for what it's worth...

http://www.chacha.com/question/how-much ... rvin-weigh
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_does ... rvin_weigh

or how about his own page...

http://percyharvin.com/

So...you're right....it's not 10-15lbs. It's more like 20-30 lbs. Now bite me sheep lover.

So, if we assume that Tavon Austin's weight on the Rams' site is correct, but Percy Harvin's weight on the Seahawks' site is incorrect, and that his true weight is reflected on his web page, then there would be a 19 lb difference (your math skills are a bit faulty). Of course, if all sources are suspect, then I guess we don't what Austin's weight is either.

None of this, of course, changes my opinion. Austin and Harvin are both small WRs who rely on speed. Those who dismiss Austin as an injury risk, while not doing the same for Harvin (or Wes Welker, or Steve Smith, etc.) are being inconsistent.

You never learn do you. My math skills are just fine BTW because 195 minus 174 is 21. Nice attempt to score points and failing miserably genius. 203 minus 174 is 29 BTW...so 20-30 lbs. Like I said.

Who is dumber than a box of rocks again?

Most sources ARE suspect. That's been my point all along. The only stats that CAN be trusted are the ones from the combine. The problem with that tho is that the further a player gets from the combine the more likely it is to be inaccurate and not reflect a players CURRENT weight. The only thing that is for sure is that Austin was 174 at the combine and Harvin was 192 at the combine. That would be an 18 lb. difference. NFL WRs tend to gain weight after a few years in the weight room, which is why you get that link I provided that says 203 lbs. You know...the point I was making ALL ALONG.

Has Austin GAINED weight in the few short months since he was drafted? Possibly...but I highly doubt it's a significant amount. Will he gain MORE weight as time goes on? Probably. How much tho depends on genetics, work ethic, and if he can maintain his speed at that size. LaMichael James for example was like 5'8" and 170 as a Sophmore at Oregon. He's gained weight every year and put on another 10 lbs this offseason and is up to 205 or so now.

As for you're last point....um...so? That was never my point. I never said a word about staying healthy. Harvin clearly HASN'T stayed healthy. My only point was that Austin is short and small. Don't try to deflect the conversation in another direction to be right after a few days now of calling me stupid now that you know I'm right.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
He's 176 according to the Rams' site.

You're a moron.

This conversation is over.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
AvengerRam":bzes3c8z said:

You're a moron.

Are you honestly trusting the team website? Oh boy, what a rube.

Marvin49

Reaction score
HawksFTW":2l97bize said:
AvengerRam":2l97bize said:

You're a moron.

Are you honestly trusting the team website? Oh boy, what a rube.

LOL...where were you 2 days ago when I was making that exact same point?

Poor guy...he really thought he had me there. That's cute. :D

AvengerRam

Reaction score
Marvin is a legend in his own mind.

Moving along, I think that Austin will likely be the 3rd leading receiver on the Rams (in terms of receptions and yards) this year, behind Chris Givens and Jared Cook. Austin's role will be to provide big plays and TDs.

Marvin49

Reaction score
AvengerRam":2vbcy1tt said:

Moving along, I think that Austin will likely be the 3rd leading receiver on the Rams (in terms of receptions and yards) this year, behind Chris Givens and Jared Cook. Austin's role will be to provide big plays and TDs.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny!!!! ROFLMAO.

SOMEONE can't stand being proven wrong. LOL.

Moving on...

As for you're point....dunno. I like Cook tho...just prefer he wasn't a Ram.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
AvengerRam":ma1dlysb said:

Well...what did the team's website say about it?

Marvin49

Reaction score
HawksFTW":33k2jdyo said:
AvengerRam":33k2jdyo said:

LMAO!!!

oh man.....I rarely actually LOL when I say LOL. I literally laughed out loud. Nice.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
Marvin49":2y9ypdsd said:
AvengerRam":2y9ypdsd said:

Clearly, you don't know the definition of the word "proven." Idiot.

Moving on...

There's a rare bit of wisdom from you.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
Marvin49":3oa89556 said:
HawksFTW":3oa89556 said:
AvengerRam":3oa89556 said:

LMAO!!!

oh man.....I rarely actually LOL when I say LOL. I literally laughed out loud. Nice.

Oh... you made a new friend!

Good for you! :th2thumbs:

Marvin49

Reaction score
AvengerRam":um7ikh9m said:
Marvin49":um7ikh9m said:
AvengerRam":um7ikh9m said:

Clearly, you don't know the definition of the word "proven." Idiot.

Moving on...

There's a rare bit of wisdom from you.

Wow...2 days of calling me idiot, moron, stupid, and dumber than a box of rocks and this is all you got left? Sad.

I was right all along. You know it. Don't pretend you don't. Ordinarily I wouldn't rub someone's nose in it but the aforementioned insults are making me enjoy this quite a bit.

Nothing you can say now. Just give up. It's over.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
Marvin49":229xxh17 said:
Wow...2 days of calling me idiot, moron, stupid, and dumber than a box of rocks and this is all you got left? Sad.

I was right all along. You know it. Don't pretend you don't. Ordinarily I wouldn't rub someone's nose in it but the aforementioned insults are making me enjoy this quite a bit.

Do you have brain damage?

You asserted that Percy Harvin is 15-20 lbs. heavier than Tavon Austin.

You then spent two days establishing that an internet search reveals Harvin's weight as being anywhere from 184 lbs. to 195 lbs. You have further acknowledged that you don't know which source is correct.

So... and read slowly so you can follow this... you have not proven your point, you've contradicted it.

You don't know how much Harvin weighs. For that matter, you don't know how much Austin weighs.

Thus... and again, read slowly... you have no basis to conclusively assert what the weight difference is.

My point, which you've successfully managed to bury in a pile of your nonsense, is that they are both small WRs who are regularly hit by bigger players. My point is not dependent on any particular weight.

If you are too stupid to follow this, that's your problem.

If you feel the need to engage in further undeserved declarations of victory, be my guest.

Buh-bye.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Wow. This is a new one on me I don't even have to go to an open board like Football Futures or ESPN to watch a dumb pissing match between a Ram and 49er fan.

Marvin49

Reaction score
AvengerRam":wmacohrv said:
Marvin49":wmacohrv said:

Do you have brain damage?

You asserted that Percy Harvin is 15-20 lbs. heavier than Tavon Austin.

You then spent two days establishing that an internet search reveals Harvin's weight as being anywhere from 184 lbs. to 195 lbs. You have further acknowledged that you don't know which source is correct.

So... and read slowly so you can follow this... you have not proven your point, you've contradicted it.

You don't know how much Harvin weighs. For that matter, you don't know how much Austin weighs.

Thus... and again, read slowly... you have no basis to conclusively assert what the weight difference is.

My point, which you've successfully managed to bury in a pile of your nonsense, is that they are both small WRs who are regularly hit by bigger players. My point is not dependent on any particular weight.

If you are too stupid to follow this, that's your problem.

If you feel the need to engage in further undeserved declarations of victory, be my guest.

Buh-bye.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

Look at this guy.

Can't stand it. Can't admit it when he's wrong. Changing his argument midstream in order to be "right"

Someone (don't recall if it was you) made a comparison to Percy Harvin.

I said Percy was 3 inches taller and 10-15 lbs heavier.

YOU went off on a lame crusade about it being EIGHT pounds (a whopping difference of 2 lbs) and began using every word you could find in the thesaurus for the word stupid.

I supplied the combine weights which support my point....tho Harvin was actually HEAVIER than I tought coming out. I also explained what MOST PEOPLE ALREADY KNOW which is that listed weights on team sites or almost anywhere else on the internet are useless. They mean nothing. The only time weights are publically listed is at the combine. This isn't rocket science.

I then pointed you to sites that have said that in addition to those combine numbers he has been working out in recent years and may weigh as much as 203 lbs.

None of this is nonsense as much as you would like it to be. The fact of the matter is that you have run out of arguments and are simply now resorting to holding me to some Court of Law standard of proof on a freakin' internet forum. That comical and pathetic.

I don't need to prove anything to you. I made my case. Its up to anyone else to decide if I've made it. Nobody else really cares here tho and it wouldn't matter what I said to you...you are clearly incapable admitting when you're wrong. BTW, I did so early on when I learned he was heavier in the combine than I thought. You called me a tool for it.

This is my last post on this conversation because clearly you have no ability to reason. Its a pointless conversation. Moreover this isn't even our forum so kinda feel bad for having this argument here. They don't care what we think anyway.

Finally, I want to thank you for making me understand that I no longer have to take anything you say seriously. I've seen how you're reasoning works enough to know that I wouldn't trust any opinion you have. Cheers.

Marvin49

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":1h6j7nmo said:
Wow. This is a new one on me I don't even have to go to an open board like Football Futures or ESPN to watch a dumb pissing match between a Ram and 49er fan.

Yeah...I have to admit it. Its pretty dumb. I apologize. Wrong place for it.

Sorry peeps.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Marvin49":1b8oz7st said:
KCHawkGirl":1b8oz7st said:

Sorry peeps.
It happens. I don't mind talking about other teams that is what this forum is for but pointless arguements over semantics concerning them is out of place here.

Marvin49

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":33d8i0ob said:
Marvin49":33d8i0ob said:
KCHawkGirl":33d8i0ob said:

Sorry peeps.
It happens. I don't mind talking about other teams that is what this forum is for but pointless arguements over semantics concerning them is out of place here.

Totally agree. I just couldn't believe he was so adamant about something so stupid....so I got all caught up in it. My bad. :D