Go Alvin!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I'll be keeping an eye on him. He seems like an insurance policy in case Okung can't be re-signed just as much as he seems like good depth.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing all these young fellars this preseason.

(Almost thought we were giving Favre a work out there for a second in that picture. :) )

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I was surprised no one took him in the draft. In most mocks he was predicted a mid-round grade. Glad the Seahawks picked him up and he's performing well.

kearly

Reaction score
Interesting note about Alvin Bailey- the team is giving him serious looks at left tackle, despite the fact that he's just 6'3" and didn't play tackle in college. If he became a starting tackle for us, he'd be one of the league's shortest, perhaps the shortest. But- here's the part I found interesting- he has 34.75" arms, which is above average arm length. He also weighed 320 pounds at Arkansas, so bulk isn't an issue either. He may be short, but in terms of his arm length and weight he's got franchise left tackle type measurements. He's looked athletic enough for tackle in drills too.

Jase

Reaction score
kearly":2bvdlfje said:
Interesting note about Alvin Bailey- the team is giving him serious looks at left tackle, despite the fact that he's just 6'3" and didn't play tackle in college. If he became a starting tackle for us, he'd be one of the league's shortest, perhaps the shortest.

No way. If there's anything we learned last season is that players who aren't of protypical height cannot succeed in the NFL.

:sarcasm_off:

kearly":2bvdlfje said:
He may be short, but in terms of his athleticism, arm length, and weight, he's got franchise left tackle type measurements.

This sound eerily familiar. Is this guy the RW of offensive linemen?

Starrman44

Reaction score
His name just sounds like a good Seahawks name. Maybe it just reminds me of Edwin Bailey. Hope he sticks.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
kearly":1zwtm9rn said:
Interesting note about Alvin Bailey- the team is giving him serious looks at left tackle, despite the fact that he's just 6'3" and didn't play tackle in college. If he became a starting tackle for us, he'd be one of the league's shortest, perhaps the shortest. But- here's the part I found interesting- he has 34.75" arms, which is above average arm length. He also weighed 320 pounds at Arkansas, so bulk isn't an issue either. He may be short, but in terms of his arm length and weight he's got franchise left tackle type measurements. He's looked athletic enough for tackle in drills too.

Nice catch soapbox.

What blows me away is this guy was undrafted yet we have a fella on the roster drafted to play right tackle who has failed to show this much promise at the tackle position. Failed to the point we had to move him to guard cause he lacked the feet to play tackle.

Finding gems left and right we are.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
Not only would you think that gives him a huge advantage in leverage, it would mean a lower center of gravity wouldn't it? I've loved Alvin Bailey since the combine, was hoping we'd draft him. I was so stoked to see him picked up as a UFA.

So on a side note, if he dpes actually wins the LT spot, does Okung go RT or does he move inside ?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
kearly":8jjvw2ul said:

His height does not define his skill set.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
City Of Reign":1n0dry5c said:
So on a side note, if he dpes actually wins the LT spot, does Okung go RT or does he move inside ?

Serious?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":amol40et said:
kearly":amol40et said:

His height does not define his skill set.

No, but it does hint at why he went undrafted. Also, it looks more like kearly is saying we're willing to look outside the typical LT prototype box, no?