The London Jaguars

pehawk

Reaction score
I'd rather Tebow start somewhere, honestly. I mean, if Rog's into forcing things for the NFL, that's my preference.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I wonder how the people of London would feel about the English Premier League putting a team in New York City.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2q15inrv said:
I wonder how the people of London would feel about the English Premier League putting a team in New York City.

A lot more strongly than they would about acquiring an NFL team.

There are countless cities in the US where the NFL would have a better chance of success and whose residents would fell more excited about acquiring a team.

As a UK NFL fan, I believe that the NFL must stay in America. It seems so gimicky to have the league expanding to another continent. I don't think the travel is as big a deal as some do, for the other 31 teams anyway. The Super XV and Tri-Nations rugby tournaments are made up of teams from literally the whole way across the Southern Hemisphere (NZ, Australia, South Africa and Argentina), but that's not the point; the NFL should not move overseas.

Storts

Reaction score
Too many references to the word 'soccer' in this thread. It's football.

No way would I switch allegiance to a London team and most people would feel the same, don't think it would be a great success and don't want it

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I HATE, HATE, HATE the idea of a team being in Europe. That being said, if my team was playing there I'd be watching it. But really, the bottom line is travel. If the NFL makes amends for teams that have to travel over there, say having the bye week after the game, maybe I'd be okay with it. But it would SUCK big time for team in Europe to have to always travel so far for their away games.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Players don't want to be on a team I'm London aNymore than a good basketball player wants to be in Toronto. Maybe less.

kearly

Reaction score
My worry would be that if expansion into Europe was a success and other nations wanted NFL teams of their own, that would make non-major market NFL teams like ours more vulnerable to relocation in the short term, though I think in the long term you'd eventually see major expansion of the league (a European conference, an Asian Conference, etc. etc. to join the AFC and NFC). If it ever got that far.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kearly":29bokbmq said:
My worry would be that if expansion into Europe was a success and other nations wanted NFL teams of their own, that would make non-major market NFL teams like ours more vulnerable to relocation in the short term, though I think in the long term you'd eventually see major expansion of the league (a European conference, an Asian Conference, etc. etc. to join the AFC and NFC). If it ever got that far.
From the British fans of the NFL that I know they say it would never fly. A couple of games in London viewed as a curiousity and kind of a destination during a vacation is one thing but having a team with 8 dates a year is quite another deal. Not factoring in things like language barriers and exchange rates among just a few issues.

It's a pipedream and Goodell knows it.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Storts":243g5zmf said:
Too many references to the word 'soccer' in this thread. It's football.

While I understand your gripe, you're also on an American football message board, and as such, football references the NFL here so we'll use the American vernacular to describe the Beautiful Game, OK?

ronnieboycefanclub

Reaction score
The actual name of the sport is Association Football, as it is played to rules written by the Football Assocation.

Rugby Football can be either Union or League, depending on whether the rules being played to were codified by the Rugby Football League or Rugby Football Union.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hey Rog,
Instead of talking about something as logistically difficult as a team in London, why don't you do something besides the lawyer lip service thing when it comes to player safety and make that POS Snyder put field turf at FedEx. While your at it, do the same at Soldier Field and any other stadium with a sub-standard playing surface.

Sturm

Reaction score
JSeahawks":33o344ey said:
I support Goodell in almost every thing he does.

At this point, I stopped listening to what you had to say.