2010 NFL Draft: Seahawks Class Ranked #2

Treefiddy

Reaction score
I would say SF/SEA should be tied for first and it's Kam, not cam.

OP
OP
F

Fanatic24

Reaction score
Treefiddy":2eqg9so0 said:
I would say SF/SEA should be tied for first and it's Kam, not cam.

It's pretty close, SF probably gets the edge because they have 2 all pros. We have a deeper class overall though.

drdiags

Reaction score
Notice how 3 of the 5 had 2 1st round picks (though the Broncos used one on Tebow, who is no longer with them). And a 4th member (Patriots) had 3 2nd round picks. No guarantee that your draft will kick butt though it doesn't hurt to have several picks in the first two rounds to improve your chances of looking good in the draft.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Pretty close for me...can't argue with SF, but Okung/Thomas/Tate/Chancellor is pretty strong, not to mention what we got out of McCoy last season and "who knows" if Thurmond can ever stay on the field more than 36 mins a season.

Of course -- EJ Wilson, Dexter Davis and The Konz really knocks it down too lol.

Subzero717

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":6dvntlnn said:
Pretty close for me...can't argue with SF, but Okung/Thomas/Tate/Chancellor is pretty strong, not to mention what we got out of McCoy last season and "who knows" if Thurmond can ever stay on the field more than 36 mins a season.

Of course -- EJ Wilson, Dexter Davis and The Konz really knocks it down too lol.

Those are two really good classes. I would give Sea the edge obviously and I'm a homer. I think what Tate and Kam contribute makes ours a little better but in reality these articles are meaningless.

kearly

Reaction score
I wouldn't have have SF #1. Davis and Iupati are basically better versions of Giacomini and Carpenter. Like Seattle, SF is built around elite level road graders who struggle in protection- Iupati and Davis are the epitome of that. Bowman was a great pick. It's easily top five but I think I'd put Seattle ahead of them, and I'd consider the Bengals for #1 as well (Atkins probably goes #1 overall in a 2010 re-draft, plus Dunlap/Gresham are good players as well).

Seattle's draft already has 3 pro-bowlers with two more that have pro-bowl talent (Tate, Thurmond). McCoy has turned out very well for a 6th rounder, too bad he'll miss this next season. They should probably be #1, but there are a few other teams that make a decent argument. I don't think SF is one of those teams. Their grade is highly inflated by the perception of their O-line. Most people are under the impression that SF has an elite line and Seattle has a bad one, but what they fail to realize is that Seattle's line statistically played on par with SFs last season and actually outperformed them in the head to head matchups. I think the inflated perception of SF's line had a trickle down effect on how the 49ers were ranked here.

Brahn

Reaction score
kearly":3sf6fl1x said:
I wouldn't have have SF #1. Davis and Iupati are basically better versions of Giacomini and Carpenter. Like Seattle, SF is built around elite level road graders who struggle in protection- Iupati and Davis are the epitome of that. Bowman was a great pick. It's easily top five but I think I'd put Seattle ahead of them, and I'd consider the Bengals for #1 as well (Atkins probably goes #1 overall in a 2010 re-draft, plus Dunlap/Gresham are good players as well).

Seattle's draft already has 3 pro-bowlers with two more that have pro-bowl talent (Tate, Thurmond). McCoy has turned out very well for a 6th rounder, too bad he'll miss this next season. They should probably be #1, but there are a few other teams that make a decent argument. I don't think SF is one of those teams. Their grade is highly inflated by the perception of their O-line. Most people are under the impression that SF has an elite line and Seattle has a bad one, but what they fail to realize is that Seattle's line statistically played on par with SFs last season and actually outperformed them in the head to head matchups. I think the inflated perception of SF's line had a trickle down effect on how the 49ers were ranked here.

Can we stop calling Thurmond a Pro Bowl talent until he can show it. If Thurmond is a Pro Bowler then Kaepernick is an All Pro.