Matchups in Training Camp

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
I am so stoked to see some of our new toys duke it out in training camp. I want to get a feel for which matchups Hawks fans are most excited to witness this summer.

The most intriguing matchup, to me, would be to see Harvin line up outside against Sherman. I can't remember if that ever happened in the Vikings vs Hawks game, so it will be a pretty awesome sight to see.

Others:
Baldwin vs Winfield
Avril vs Okung
J. Williams vs Sweezy/McQuistan/Unger

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I think the matchup that the seahawks will benefit the most from is P.Harvin vs all the DB's. Every DB that gets to practice against Harvin's speed is not going to see anything much faster anywhere else in the league. The same goes for Harvin you will not find a better secondary to practice against so it benefits both sides of the ball.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I expect to see competition at :

2nd TE - vacant right now , Willson and McGrath both possibilities or ?
2nd QB - Johnson or Quinn?
Corner - I think with Browner becoming a free agent at the end of the season we may see some Challenges. Possibilities to take over : Lane, Walter Thurmond III or ?

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":1lz00i3k said:
The most intriguing matchup, to me, would be to see Harvin line up outside against Sherman. I can't remember if that ever happened in the Vikings vs Hawks game, so it will be a pretty awesome sight to see.

Yep, we sure did get to see it.....with Sherman having a little success apparently.

2019607689.jpg

Sherman knocks the ball loose vs. Harvin 11/04/2012

OP
OP
Hawken-Dazs

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":3rmwcmso said:
Hawken-Dazs":3rmwcmso said:

Yep, we sure did get to see it.....with Sherman having a little success apparently.

2019607689.jpg

Sherman knocks the ball loose vs. Harvin 11/04/2012

Oh I totally remember that collision. I think was lined up against Jerome Simpson on that play when he had to shed him to get to Harvin though. I want to see those two face-to-face at the LOS.

Maybe even a Browner vs Harvin matchup just to see all the physicality.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I'm usually most excited during TC to see the rookies going head to head against some of the vets, but with the new veteran additions we've added it makes for some great competition.

A few matchups I'm looking at:

Chris Harper vs Browner - a 230lb receiver going against the biggest corner in the league. If Harper can matchup well against BB than the rest if the league should be a lot easier.

Luke Willson vs Kam - I think it'll be good for both players to go against each other. Willson can work on playing against physical safeties and Kam can work on speedy tight ends.

Harvin vs WT3 - I still have faith Thurmond can be a solid slot DB. Playing well against a great slot receiver like Harvin could help prove that.

Jordan Hill/Jesse Williams vs Moffitt/Sweezy - May the best rise to the top and prove themselves as the starter at their position.