Training Camp- which position battles are you interested in?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
hawknation2015":231vxdjx said:
Tical21":231vxdjx said:
I'm sorry, I can't see myself watching the competition at center. Just a lot of names that don't do a lot for me. I'm intrigued by Sokoli, but really couldn't care less if LJP or Lewis win the job.

I have gone out on a limb and said there will be a rookie that starts several games for us up front. So, I'm not sure which position battle in particular I'm watching, probably LG, maybe Center, but overall, I'm interested in watching those rookies. Also interested in seeing if anyone looks like they could be a LT of the future.

I think we already know how the WR thing is going to play out. Baldwin and Kearse will get the majority of the snaps, and everybody else will be worked in. I'm excited to see Lockett play during the preseason, but not expecting huge things during the regular season, except in the return game. Matthews will play quite a bit early to see what we have in him. I'm excited to watch Kasen, hopefully he can make the practice squad. I think he has a chance to be a better pro than college player.

I'm excited to see how they're going to use Clark, he's an intriguing 4th outfielder.

My preseason crush is Tye Smith. I think he gets himself into heavy rotation. I know the competition he played against was subpar, but I fell in love with his tape. He's really sudden and breaks quickly from zone, and got himself involved in plays where you don't see a lot of corners getting involved. Can Simon come on strong? I'd bet he has a good preseason against the 2's. So CB is probably the position I'm most interested in.

Drew Nowak is the biggest unknown on the team. A former DT like Sweezy and Sokoli, he has the power and athleticism that you look for at the center position, and he was one of only two players to receive first team reps at center during OTAs. Although the coaches have seen him in practices over the last year, he's a total unknown to the fans. Someone perhaps equally likely to start at the center position as he is to get cut from the team -- 33.3% starter, 33.3% backup, 33.3% released.

0.1% unknown.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3o6m6yas said:
hawknation2015":3o6m6yas said:
Tical21":3o6m6yas said:
I'm sorry, I can't see myself watching the competition at center. Just a lot of names that don't do a lot for me. I'm intrigued by Sokoli, but really couldn't care less if LJP or Lewis win the job.

I have gone out on a limb and said there will be a rookie that starts several games for us up front. So, I'm not sure which position battle in particular I'm watching, probably LG, maybe Center, but overall, I'm interested in watching those rookies. Also interested in seeing if anyone looks like they could be a LT of the future.

I think we already know how the WR thing is going to play out. Baldwin and Kearse will get the majority of the snaps, and everybody else will be worked in. I'm excited to see Lockett play during the preseason, but not expecting huge things during the regular season, except in the return game. Matthews will play quite a bit early to see what we have in him. I'm excited to watch Kasen, hopefully he can make the practice squad. I think he has a chance to be a better pro than college player.

I'm excited to see how they're going to use Clark, he's an intriguing 4th outfielder.

My preseason crush is Tye Smith. I think he gets himself into heavy rotation. I know the competition he played against was subpar, but I fell in love with his tape. He's really sudden and breaks quickly from zone, and got himself involved in plays where you don't see a lot of corners getting involved. Can Simon come on strong? I'd bet he has a good preseason against the 2's. So CB is probably the position I'm most interested in.

Drew Nowak is the biggest unknown on the team. A former DT like Sweezy and Sokoli, he has the power and athleticism that you look for at the center position, and he was one of only two players to receive first team reps at center during OTAs. Although the coaches have seen him in practices over the last year, he's a total unknown to the fans. Someone perhaps equally likely to start at the center position as he is to get cut from the team -- 33.3% starter, 33.3% backup, 33.3% released.

0.1% unknown.

1/3 rounded to the nearest tenth. We have no idea how good this guy is going to be, but getting first team reps ahead of Lewis makes him the ultimate wild card.

He has the length and athleticism that Lewis does not have. As a former DT, he also seems to have the nastiness and power (and youth) than Jeanpierre does not have. And with a year of experience, he is capable of snapping the ball consistency, which Sokoli isn't. He is the most obvious, non-obvious candidate to take a starting job or backup role this year.

That said, there is just as much evidence to support the idea that he won't make the team. But I think he may still have practice squad eligibility. It's a crowded competition right now at center with two players with starting experience, and a 3rd player with otherworldly athleticism and potential. That's what makes Nowak the ultimate wild card.

RW92

Reaction score
My biggest concerns are who will replace Earl Thomas if he can't go by September. And I'm also interested to see how well Richard Sherman and Cam play in the pre-season. We need health to have a chance to get back to the Super Bowl , and having those guys in place is imperative. And don't expect to see Jeremy Lane until mid-season at best. Quite frankly he may not play much this year at all. What a shame, because that kid was destined for stardom.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
O and D line for sure. We need some fresh bodies to step up along the D-line.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
For me, in no particular order:

I want to see how Graham fits and whether our OC can figure out how to use him effectively, w/o losing any of Marshawn's effectiveness.

The OLine especially the interior OLine and each of the drafted rookies there. The competitions at LG and C are going to be very interesting to watch.

Lockett's returning abilities, and if the team can develop another returner.

Which of the young crew at S steps up to take the open jobs.

How the new guys and rookies look at CB. Competition will weed out the culls.

Who steps forward at WR to seize jobs and whether Williams was for real in XVIX.

How Clark fits, Rubin fits, Mebane looks, if Hill has progressed enough to be a legit 3 tech. Who wins the backup battles. Is Obum Gwachum able to compete enough to grab a spot on the roster.

Will any of last season's picks be able to be a legit competitor for a job.

Of course how the injuries to Thomas, Lane, Richardson, Simon, Mebane, and all the others not mentioned have resolved.

I also want to see if team speed is improved.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
RW92":3dh7c9cp said:
My biggest concerns are who will replace Earl Thomas if he can't go by September. And I'm also interested to see how well Richard Sherman and Cam play in the pre-season. We need health to have a chance to get back to the Super Bowl , and having those guys in place is imperative. And don't expect to see Jeremy Lane until mid-season at best. Quite frankly he may not play much this year at all. What a shame, because that kid was destined for stardom.
Who is Cam?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":p0hyco7j said:
RW92":p0hyco7j said:
Who is Cam?

Seriously? You know he meant KAM. He says he's feeling better than he's felt in years.

RW92

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2n6yghh4 said:
RW92":2n6yghh4 said:
Who is Cam?

Sorry my typo. Yes I'm referring to Kam Chancellor. Can't wait to to see the first pre-season games.

PS. Look out for that kid Tyler Lockett to make a big impact. Fastest first step, stop and re-direction you will see.