Let's Talk Mariners

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
bigtrain21":1py4h3su said:
16 of 20 games this year we have scored 3 runs or less.

As a Mariners fan, 3 runs is pretty incredible. Not sure why you included 3 in that stat....?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
This team is awful! And too think, I liked the moves we made in the offseason, but yet again they mean nothing. I hate being an M's fan sometimes!

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
decent piece on Smoak on USSMariner, basically saying its time to move on from Smoak and advocating finding a triple a guy.

thats one down, with Seeger, Ackely, Montero to go. These three have to become real major leaguers or this club is screwed for years to come

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Uncle Si":10liik28 said:
decent piece on Smoak on USSMariner, basically saying its time to move on from Smoak and advocating finding a triple a guy.

thats one down, with Seeger, Ackely, Montero to go. These three have to become real major leaguers or this club is screwed for years to come

Seager has been hitting pretty good as of late. I'm not worried too much about him. I am concerned about the others. The fact that Ackley, Montero, and Smoak all have looked as bad as they have is severely bad luck on the M's part. These are all guys that were top 10 prospects when they made the M's major league roster. You'd figure at least one of them would be showing star potential by now.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Seager leads the MLB in doubles and is hitting .409 over the last seven days. He is the last of my concerns on this team. Ackley and Montero might be turning it around a bit. But Smoak isn't showing any signs of improvement, unfortunately.

Lithium

Reaction score
The same thing I saw in C. Granderson back when he was coming up, i see in Kyle Seager. He's gonna be a pretty decent ball player, unfortunately the M's are blind so it probably wont be for us (Morse).
EDIT: As he hits a 2 run upper-decker!

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":34h5hhnc said:

Can't remember who, but someone was arguing with me when I said the Rangers were just fine keeping Moreland and letting Smoak go.

Chapow

Reaction score
Trrrroy":2b6loyk1 said:
Uncle Si":2b6loyk1 said:

Seager has been hitting pretty good as of late. I'm not worried too much about him. I am concerned about the others. The fact that Ackley, Montero, and Smoak all have looked as bad as they have is severely bad luck on the M's part. These are all guys that were top 10 prospects when they made the M's major league roster. You'd figure at least one of them would be showing star potential by now.

At this point I'm just hoping that at least one of those guys starts showing any potential at all to be a decent MLB player.

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Was surprised by the statistical lines of Seager... very encouraging.

Some hitting taking place last night. lets see if Ackely, Smoak and Montero can leep it up

(christ im far too hopeful)

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Funny in a depressing (and mariners) way that Seager, who was likely an afterthought draft pick after Ackley and his room mate at North Carolina, might replace him at second base in the future.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
I've never been a Jack Z hater, but he's been making it very hard lately. Peguero over Thames? How does he justify that? I know in the overall scheme of things it won't matter much seeing as Saunders will be back soon, but it's still a dumb move.