NFL Network is clueless....lol

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
razgriz737":2legmwns said:
I dunno. I think if we had almost any other QB besides Russell last season, we'd all be screaming for OL. Remember how many times he was dancing around in the backfield evading sacks?......
Good point but also remember how many times he had time and had to dance around waiting and waiting for some WR, any WR to get open. The addition of Harvin will help that a LOT. And as for the OL, I agree with others here that the run blocking is better than the pass blocking and there is definitely room for improvement, especially at G.

GO ZAGS!!

sutz

Reaction score
There are needs, and then there are needs. OL? Sure, we'll probably draft at least one, maybe two since we have some extra picks left. We'll probably even bring in a couple of UDFAs to camp. But I tend to define needs based at least a little bit on where we draft and I don't expect us to spend second day draft picks on OL, at least not rd 2-3. So yeah, a need, but not the biggest need, which is where we would expect the higher picks we have left to be spent.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2wf3601g said:
Sarlacc83":2wf3601g said:
I'm actually willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it was typo and they meant DL.

Haha, who am I kidding. Eastcoastmediabias!

You know they are based in Los Angeles right? Just sayin.

LA's got the disease now, too? Guess the analysts brought it with them. Damn.

Largent80

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":ebj3hnz9 said:
Sarlacc83":ebj3hnz9 said:
I'm actually willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it was typo and they meant DL.

Haha, who am I kidding. Eastcoastmediabias!

You know they are based in Los Angeles right? Just sayin.

NFL.com is a stones throw from my house, and I actually peed on it during the shortened preseason.

Back to the original topic I agree with Andrea on the needs she listed. However, I think we should look for a diamond in the rough OL every year.

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2pupjo13 said:
razgriz737":2pupjo13 said:
I dunno. I think if we had almost any other QB besides Russell last season, we'd all be screaming for OL. Remember how many times he was dancing around in the backfield evading sacks?......
Good point but also remember how many times he had time and had to dance around waiting and waiting for some WR, any WR to get open. The addition of Harvin will help that a LOT. And as for the OL, I agree with others here that the run blocking is better than the pass blocking and there is definitely room for improvement, especially at G.

As I recall, I was pretty impressed by how FEW holding penalties we had given how much time Wilson held the ball looking for a receiver and practically running sideline to sideline lol.

Gotta give the O line some credit. I was a LT in school, and pass blocking for someone who's running around back there with the ball looking for a WR is tough. Hard to keep track of where he is at any given moment while focusing on your block.

sutz

Reaction score
Largent80":2ayy2nkm said:
Back to the original topic I agree with Andrea on the needs she listed. However, I think we should look for a diamond in the rough OL every year.

Which they've done so far IIRC. I expect one or two late round picks of OL, plus maybe some UDFA action. Our line is in decent shape, we have time to coach some guys up.