Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 67  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:57 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
Last night the Sac city council voted to fund negotiations and exploratory type stuff regarding an arena deal with KJ's still unnamed whales (expect them to be named tomorrow). The Sac City Manager said they'd like to have a preliminary term sheet presented to the city council in April. Remember when McGinn, Constantine, and Hansen announced they had negotiated a deal before it even went through the council process? That's where Sac wants to be, and their deal is going to suck money from the general fund by using a very questionable funding mechanism through leasing their public parking to private companies for decades. Add to that there is now a second investment group with a too good to be true plan that is only going to serve as ammunition for the anti-pubic subsidy crowd and cause a ton of confusion for Sac.

In other words, see y'all at the Key this fall.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:11 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17372
Location: Graham, WA
pinksheets wrote:
Last night the Sac city council voted to fund negotiations and exploratory type stuff regarding an arena deal with KJ's still unnamed whales (expect them to be named tomorrow). The Sac City Manager said they'd like to have a preliminary term sheet presented to the city council in April. Remember when McGinn, Constantine, and Hansen announced they had negotiated a deal before it even went through the council process? That's where Sac wants to be, and their deal is going to suck money from the general fund by using a very questionable funding mechanism through leasing their public parking to private companies for decades. Add to that there is now a second investment group with a too good to be true plan that is only going to serve as ammunition for the anti-pubic subsidy crowd and cause a ton of confusion for Sac.

In other words, see y'all at the Key this fall.


Beers and Nachos on me!

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:45 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 795
Location: Bellingham, WA
I'm slowly doing a 180, with the Robinson trade, how hard sacramento is fighting for a downright terrible team, and the negative perception that will cloud seattle if we "steal a team," I'm about ready to say f it and hope we get an expansion team in a few years. The Kings are TOXIC.


Edit: Mainly talking about the state of the kings roster/in the future. I understand ownership will change and gm/coach but they owe a lot of picks, don't have a ton of cap room and have a questionable team comp that probably needs to be gutted.

_________________
4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
"He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:51 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:17 am
Posts: 2230
Location: St George, UT
Throwdown wrote:
pinksheets wrote:
Last night the Sac city council voted to fund negotiations and exploratory type stuff regarding an arena deal with KJ's still unnamed whales (expect them to be named tomorrow). The Sac City Manager said they'd like to have a preliminary term sheet presented to the city council in April. Remember when McGinn, Constantine, and Hansen announced they had negotiated a deal before it even went through the council process? That's where Sac wants to be, and their deal is going to suck money from the general fund by using a very questionable funding mechanism through leasing their public parking to private companies for decades. Add to that there is now a second investment group with a too good to be true plan that is only going to serve as ammunition for the anti-pubic subsidy crowd and cause a ton of confusion for Sac.

In other words, see y'all at the Key this fall.


Beers and Nachos on me!


Where and when?:smile:

_________________
Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:53 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17372
Location: Graham, WA
TheRealDTM wrote:
I'm slowly doing a 180, with the Robinson trade, how hard sacramento is fighting for a downright terrible team, and the negative perception that will cloud seattle if we "steal a team," I'm about ready to say f it and hope we get an expansion team in a few years. The Kings are TOXIC.


Edit: Mainly talking about the state of the kings roster/in the future. I understand ownership will change and gm/coach but they owe a lot of picks, don't have a ton of cap room and have a questionable team comp that probably needs to be gutted.


If the weren't a mess, they wouldnt be relocating.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:07 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 795
Location: Bellingham, WA
The sonics weren't (until ownership created one).
I thought the kings were in good position to rebuild, gut the vets(big contracts) let the young guns play and get a high draft pick. Now they're down a tp 5 pick, a second rounder next year and who knows if they'll keep tyreke (they could have moved him)

_________________
4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
"He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:15 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6367
Sup with this report of Hansens group not making 30 mill non-refundable payment? Maloofs already said that payment was made


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:33 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 pm
Posts: 1424
Location: Bellevue
Some Orlando sports show host said Hansen didn't pay the 30M, one if the Maloofs said that was untrue earlier today


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:57 pm 
* NET Eeyore *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 10487
Location: Pasco, WA
-The Glove- wrote:
Sup with this report of Hansens group not making 30 mill non-refundable payment? Maloofs already said that payment was made


Report was inaccurate. One of the Maloofs confirmed it earlier.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:58 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 pm
Posts: 1424
Location: Bellevue
"Minority owner has 750M to keep Kings in Sacremento"

http://blog.seattlepi.com/sonics/2013/0 ... acramento/

If this is true....................


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:17 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 795
Location: Bellingham, WA
that's the same report. 350 from his end, 400 mill in verbal commitments, whatever that means in the real world.

_________________
4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
"He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:18 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
Pstark3 wrote:
"Minority owner has 750M to keep Kings in Sacremento"

http://blog.seattlepi.com/sonics/2013/0 ... acramento/

If this is true....................

Already been discussed in this thread.

Remember this?

http://www.emeraldcitycenter.com/

These type of 'too good to be true' plans act more to muck up the focus of the serious stuff than anything else. You think KJ and his guys want talk of a supposedly public spending free plan going on right now? It's a huge distraction for their more realistic pitch and gives ammo to all of the NIMBY types.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:52 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17372
Location: Graham, WA
Some of you need to stop worrying, we have the upper hand. An agreed deal, that the maloofs can't back out of, an arena plan that's far ahead any arena deal sacramento, or this dude can come up with in a months time, and we got good money writing the checks. Teams coming to Seattle, everything until the BOG meeting is just noise.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:11 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
And I hereby decree that Blitzer shall stay away from all Sonics/Kings news for the next 7 days. It's for your own good, dude. KJ is going to announce the whales tomorrow, a hype train will get started, and there is going to be a lot of buzz that isn't necessarily in touch with reality. Let things settle before you get too worked up (which you know you won't so stay away! get in your panic room).


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:26 pm 
* NET Eeyore *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 10487
Location: Pasco, WA
pinksheets wrote:
And I hereby decree that Blitzer shall stay away from all Sonics/Kings news for the next 7 days. It's for your own good, dude. KJ is going to announce the whales tomorrow, a hype train will get started, and there is going to be a lot of buzz that isn't necessarily in touch with reality. Let things settle before you get too worked up (which you know you won't so stay away! get in your panic room).


Buts its soooo hard, but I will try my best Pink.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:03 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am
Posts: 3084
Throwdown wrote:
Some of you need to stop worrying, we have the upper hand. An agreed deal, that the maloofs can't back out of, an arena plan that's far ahead any arena deal sacramento, or this dude can come up with in a months time, and we got good money writing the checks. Teams coming to Seattle, everything until the BOG meeting is just noise.


Image

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:05 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
I really want to have what you're trying to say explained to me, but I also don't...and want to leave it as a piece of performance GIF art that we can all take our own meaning from.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:05 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am
Posts: 3084
:salute:

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:52 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am
Posts: 1239
The $30 mil was paid and is nonrefundable. This has been confirmed by the Maloofs. The Hanson deal would have to fall apart for it to even be possible for the Maloofs to take other offers.

The ball is in Chris Hanson's court, people, and he is driving the lane.

_________________
CAN THE SEAHAWKS SURVIVE LOSING CLEMONS?
http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/04/16/ ... s-clemons/
Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:29 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:12 pm
Posts: 351
Kevin Johnson "state of the city" announcement coming up on the Kings part of the speech. Rumors would tell me that there's going to be some bad news for Seattle. Fingers crossed, but here goes.

Link if anyone's interested: http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/live-video-kmax/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:55 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9175
Location: Renton Wa.
well when done can someone post details, it says my browser isn't compatible with it. I tried Chrome and Explorer.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:58 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:12 pm
Posts: 351
chris98251 wrote:
well when done can someone post details, it says my browser isn't compatible with it. I tried Chrome and Explorer.


Not over yet but quick summary:

1. Mark Mastrov will be primary owner (this was unclear, Kevin stumbled a bit here)
2. Burkle will lead the arena financing
3. Mastrov will submit a competitive offer to the NBA tomorrow
4. Johnson believes that the bid will be close enough to Seattle that the NBA will make the Maloofs sell to the local group
5. THE MONARCHS WILL BE BACK IN THE NEW ARENA :roll:

Edit: So basically nothing new, other than that they'll be submitting an offer tomorrow.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:02 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9175
Location: Renton Wa.
So close to Seattles bid, not equal or better, and Burkle will lead financeing for a new Arena that has not been approved, designed or voted on. Sounds like a lot of hopes and wishes. Additionally the NBA just approves a sale, Maloofs already accepted Hansens offer, it would require them renigging on it to not go thru since they have accepeted 30 million in earnest money already also.

But thank you for the post.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:05 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
Nothing unexpected really.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:57 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17372
Location: Graham, WA
Call me old fashion, but I just got more confident.

That's how they're going to war? Lol

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:55 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9831
Kevin Johnson can say what he wants, he has no say if the Kings come to Seattle, it isn't up to him or his thrown together unapproved plan. I love how the Hansen-Balmer group is silent right now.

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:41 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am
Posts: 1239
KJ is sort of a gladhanding politico, but he's got balls. He's really laying his stuff out there to say no way will we get his team. I know it's been said over and over, but Christ I wish we had a mayor like that when the Sonics left.

_________________
CAN THE SEAHAWKS SURVIVE LOSING CLEMONS?
http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/04/16/ ... s-clemons/
Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:29 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm
Posts: 3408
any updates on this?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:33 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
Mitch from KJR is saying he's hearing that the Sacramento offer is significantly less than the Seattle offer, and that KJ is banking on this idea that a Sac buyer wouldn't have to repay the loan the city gave to the Kings. Mitch said he knows the exact amount of the offer, won't say, but expects the news to start leaking anytime.

Problem with that is, a significantly lower valuation is not going to appeal to owners. On top of that, there is no indication the city is prepared to just forgive that loan. In fact, in the recent city council vote, one of the principles of the arena negotiations authorized was that the existing city loan would be retired and any refinancing would require secure collateral, meaning that a new owner would still be on the hook for it.

He also said the Hansen group has a few "bullets to fire" that they're "sitting on" if need be.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:37 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
Pink, you've been a f-ing hero in this thread. I check it every few days to ease my concerns.

Thanks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:46 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am
Posts: 3084
pehawk wrote:
Pink, you've been a f-ing hero in this thread. I check it every few days to ease my concerns.

Thanks.


This

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:12 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2192
pehawk wrote:
Pink, you've been a f-ing hero in this thread. I check it every few days to ease my concerns.

Thanks.


Haha, same here.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:39 pm 
* NET Eeyore *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 10487
Location: Pasco, WA
Any further updates? Michael Wilbon was just on Nba Live on ESPN and said the city of Seattles stock was down in terms of getting the Kings.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:05 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
Posts: 8853
Location: Covington, Washington
Blitzer88 wrote:
Any further updates? Michael Wilbon was just on Nba Live on ESPN and said the city of Seattles stock was down in terms of getting the Kings.


Stern told the media today in Sacremento that the offer needed more money to match what the Seattle offer had going for it. We will see, that may be enough hope to get Johnson and friends to see if they can up the ante.

_________________
Image
Leon Washington 2010-2012 Sidney Rice 2011-2013 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:16 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
Yeah, Stern said the two offers weren't even comparable. He also said he expects the gap to be reduced, but that the sides will meet on April 3rd to see what's what. Sounds like this thing could be wrapped up earlier than we thought; however, Stern is still giving Sac every chance in the world here.

Question is, though, if Sac CAN match the offer from Hansen, why wouldn't they from the get go? Why offer so much less initially? It's kind of embarrassing for them.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:26 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
Posts: 8666
Location: Is Everything
When I heatd johnson say the offer was competitive I knew things were looking up.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:27 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
Posts: 8853
Location: Covington, Washington
I think all were banking on the $75M owed to the city and minus the cost of relocation as evening the playing field or that would be my guess.

_________________
Image
Leon Washington 2010-2012 Sidney Rice 2011-2013 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:41 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am
Posts: 3084
This apparently is KJ's big plan...
Image

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:29 pm 
* NET Draft Guru *
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:06 pm
Posts: 3589
Location: Bellingham, WA
Looks like the offer isn't as strong as Stern would like.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9033497/david-stern-says-sacramento-bid-keep-kings-not-quite-there

_________________
Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:28 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
Quote:
mitch levy ‏@kjrmitch
Still haven't seen anyone report the actual dollar amount of Sac offer. Trust me - it was very very low.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:39 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17372
Location: Graham, WA
champagne still chilling on the ice...

The bid wasn't enough, Mastrov's and his team of 20 $1 million investors aren't strong enough to compete with our boys... I just wish it was official that the NBA will be back next season.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:39 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm
Posts: 3408
Honestly I know we're obviously all sports fans on this board and so a lot of people might disagree with me on this... but this kind of stuff is why California is in the financial mess it is. You have the mayor of a major city in Calif seemingly working day and night to keep a sports team in the city. I mean it's ok if the public want to work day and night, but we are talking about the major of a city here. He has a job, first and foremost to serve all parts of the city, not just sports related. We hear rumors of him trying to "lend" the Sacramento investors money without requiring them to even pay it back? WTF.. and people wonder why California is in the mess it is. From an economical standpoint does it even make sense for the team to stay there? I havent even seen any reports of KJ commenting on those points at all, something that should be a key discussion point.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:24 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17372
Location: Graham, WA
The loan happened in 97, and it's believed that it's only going to be paid back when the team relocates, and the debt the Kings franchise owes to Sacramento would be forgiven if local ownership takes on the team.

But it would seem that Stern doesn't give one damn about it, and the bid was laughable in comparison to what Hansen, Ballmer, and the Nordstroms offered.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:53 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17372
Location: Graham, WA
I'm gonna be honest with you guys, I think this will be my only hoorah for the NBA/Sonics coming back. I'm 25, who knows when the next time will be when we have this chance, next time (if this for some weird ass reason doesn't come to fruition) it might not mean as much to me the next time. I mean, I'll care but I probably won't be as emotionally invested in it as I am now.

I sincerely hope to god that this is the real thing, though.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:02 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am
Posts: 1239
April 18 is when we can throw the party. I wish they'd meet before that, but Stern doesn't want to look like he's dissing Sacramento. Everything KJ says is steeped in political BS - he says local investors have made an "extremely aggressive offer" to the Hansons when it is tens of millions less. He says "we have an arena location" as though the sac arena is a done deal, when they're years away from a highly iffy arena deal. He sounds good, but there's nothing there. If this is all KJ can come up with, then we can start buying green and gold jersies (knock wood, which I actually just did).

_________________
CAN THE SEAHAWKS SURVIVE LOSING CLEMONS?
http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/04/16/ ... s-clemons/
Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:06 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
There is the April 3rd meeting now, though. If Sac can't make a comparable bid by then, I'd imagine it'd be basically declared over.

I have a feeling they will put something together that at least lands in the realm of consideration, though.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:29 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9175
Location: Renton Wa.
therealjohncarlson wrote:
Honestly I know we're obviously all sports fans on this board and so a lot of people might disagree with me on this... but this kind of stuff is why California is in the financial mess it is. You have the mayor of a major city in Calif seemingly working day and night to keep a sports team in the city. I mean it's ok if the public want to work day and night, but we are talking about the major of a city here. He has a job, first and foremost to serve all parts of the city, not just sports related. We hear rumors of him trying to "lend" the Sacramento investors money without requiring them to even pay it back? WTF.. and people wonder why California is in the mess it is. From an economical standpoint does it even make sense for the team to stay there? I havent even seen any reports of KJ commenting on those points at all, something that should be a key discussion point.


Step back and think, if Greg Nickels had done as much as KJ has been doing what do you believe would be happening with the city council that was here at the time as well as the general publics general reaction?

I have one word...................UGLY

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:31 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2192
Maybe they low-balled at first in hopes that they'd get some kind of commitment from the NBA if they upped their offer.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:39 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9175
Location: Renton Wa.
The Outfield wrote:
Maybe they low-balled at first in hopes that they'd get some kind of commitment from the NBA if they upped their offer.


If they did then they are really stupid, with the Maloofs getting more money, the league getting millions for relocation money that gets dispersed to teams, additionally the bigger market in Seattle brings more in advertising and marketing revenue and team sales as far as merchandise. All things that up the bottom line for owners in the league. This deal isn't just about now, it's about years of income indirectly. Throw in the political clout of Balmer, Nordstroms and Hansen and their combined net worth for keeping the team viable and competitive and it's another big bonus. Stern has wanted to get Balmer into the league for a long time from what I have heard.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:25 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
Mitch tweeted that various sources have reported that the Sac bid was nearly $100 million less than Hansen's.

Oy vey.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 67  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.