Who's your favorite player in this draft, in any round?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
  • Regardless of round, who's the 1 guy from this draft thats your favorite, regardless of need or fit?

For me, its Kiko Alonso. I think he'd look great in Leroy Hill's spot. Or in Wagner's spot if the coaches wanted to move Wags outside. Read a tweet from somebody at the combine today that compared Kiko to Bobby Boucher. Think its actually a pretty good comparison. Not the brightest bulb in the bunch but a natural football player. Plays mean and like a bully and fly's all over the field. I think he'll probably go in the 2nd or 3rd round but i'd actually be fine if the Seahawks took him in the first, i think he's going to be that good. I'd bet that he'll be in the pro bowl by the time his rookie contract is up.

I'm already prepared to make him my 2013 adopt-a-rookie.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• The player I covet the most is Keenan Allen. I love his toughness.
    But favorite? AJ Klein. I love that kid's instincts.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• "Wags"?
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• Scottemojo wrote:The player I covet the most is Keenan Allen. I love his toughness.

Unlike like some, I like Allen. But to say he has toughness is a stretch. The kid was rated the #1 safety in HS, but he doesn't like the contact and that's why he wanted to play WR.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• I like Devin Taylor. Then again my ex used to downplay my football opinions because he thought I watched it only for the tight football pants...

Luckily he was a Jets fan so his opinion didn't matter.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

• Brandon Williams. I just have this feeling he's going to be a stud. Especially if he had Dan Quinn coaching him up.
    poop
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• Darius Slay
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• CPHawk wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:The player I covet the most is Keenan Allen. I love his toughness.

Unlike like some, I like Allen. But to say he has toughness is a stretch. The kid was rated the #1 safety in HS, but he doesn't like the contact and that's why he wanted to play WR.

And you know this....how?

:stirthepot:
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• I'm still all about DeAndre Hopkins. I'd love to see what he could bring to the offense.

A close second is Steadman Bailey.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Shariff Floyd
    FargoHawk
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• Cordarelle Patterson
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• SacHawk2.0 wrote:Brandon Williams. I just have this feeling he's going to be a stud. Especially if he had Dan Quinn coaching him up.

I second this post
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

• FlyingGreg wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:The player I covet the most is Keenan Allen. I love his toughness.

And you know this....how?

:stirthepot:

It was pretty common knowledge during his recruitment. He doesn't like to tackle.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• DeAndre Hopkins. I want him to fall to the Hawks sooooooo badly!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• I'm really leaning toward khaseem Greene. He would really give us an excellent player at the WLB position and help make our LB group the best in the NFL. He would be a great pickup in the 2nd round.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• Sheldon Richardson but that's never gonna happen.

Not only do I like Arthur Brown, I think the Seahawks will draft him in the second round.
    I know some experts have him in the first round, but 3-4 teams won't look at him
    and his size, plus team needs, will drop him in the second.

Kid's fast and he's a baller.
    two dog
    NET Veteran

• Regardless of draft slot, the player I want the most is Armonty Bryant, with the second most being Courtney Gardner. They are the "Irvin-Wilson" duo for me this year. Bryant will be this draft's best defensive player if he pans out, which obviously isn't a sure thing, but he's got "mega-steal" potential that you almost never see. Gardner is a similar story. Both have aspects that worry me and both are very high risk, but so were Irvin and Wilson, albeit for different reasons.

"Favorite" player? Ryan Swope. Was always a big fan, but close inspection shows he's actually a lot more special of an athlete and playmaker than people think. I think he's actually surpassed DeAndre Hopkins for me. They are strikingly similar in size, polish and clutchness, but I suspect Swope is faster and his price tag will be lower. Has very similar QB experience playing with Tannehill/Manziel that he'd have with Wilson. He knows how to improvise and be a QB's pet. It's going to suck serious ass if he ends up a Ram. He just seems like the kind of player they would go for.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• MARCUS LATTIMORE
    2013-2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

• Hawk Strap wrote:
    SacHawk2.0 wrote:Brandon Williams. I just have this feeling he's going to be a stud. Especially if he had Dan Quinn coaching him up.

I second this post

Me too...the clip that showed him working to get by with the "honey wagon" job got me...seems like a great guy and a hard worker. I just "like" him the most. I don't want him before the 4th round though. I like Hopkins and Swope are shooting up my watch lists as guys I want the most.
    aawolf
    NET Starter

• The guy I think will help this team the most is Bjoern Werner...that kid will be a star at rushing the passer at any level. He won't get to us though.
    aawolf
    NET Starter

• Zaviar Gooden. Amazing speed for a LB. I think Norton could work wonders with this kid.
    Kelly.Orr
    NET Starter

• Ezekial Ansah. Better than JPP. I saw him do things in his limited time at Utah that I've never seen anyone do. Block and O-Lineman, shed him to the left to tackle the RB who cuts back to the other side, bring the O-Lineman back to center, shed him to the right and tackle the running back. How the hell does anyone do that in the space of a split second?
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• JSeahawks wrote:Regardless of round, who's the 1 guy from this draft thats your favorite, regardless of need or fit?

For me, its Kiko Alonso. I think he'd look great in Leroy Hill's spot. Or in Wagner's spot if the coaches wanted to move Wags outside. Read a tweet from somebody at the combine today that compared Kiko to Bobby Boucher. Think its actually a pretty good comparison. Not the brightest bulb in the bunch but a natural football player. Plays mean and like a bully and fly's all over the field. I think he'll probably go in the 2nd or 3rd round but i'd actually be fine if the Seahawks took him in the first, i think he's going to be that good. I'd bet that he'll be in the pro bowl by the time his rookie contract is up.

I'm already prepared to make him my 2013 adopt-a-rookie.

A Ducks player? That's truly shocking. :mrgreen:

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• I'll pick Lattimore. He has had some terrible luck but he is so talented and seems like a good kid. I'm really pulling for him
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• For obvious (biased) reasons, Robert Woods. I also am hoping things work out for Marcus Lattimore. Likewise for Jarvis Jones, who will always be a Trojan in spite of having transferred because of his spinal stenosis.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Great question...

Last year my favorite player was probably Dont'a Hightower. It's not that I thought he was all world or would be amazing, but I just love Alabama football and I thought he epitomized it. I don't think he fit the Seahawks, but he is a big mofo and had some hits in college that got me out of my seat.

This year, my favorite player is probably Tavon Austin. I think he is an explosive cartoon and is just flat out fun to watch. I doubt he'd be a Seahawk, but I just love watching him play. Perhaps my favorite thing about him, he's extremely humble and an insanely hard worker (14 reps on bench at 174). I love listening to his interviews. He's basically Percy Harvin, minus some size, but add a great teammate & worker. Would love him as a Seahawk.
    Mtjhoyas
    NET Starter

• Count me in the Lattimore camp. Big time.
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

• kearly wrote:Regardless of draft slot, the player I want the most is Armonty Bryant, with the second most being Courtney Gardner. They are the "Irvin-Wilson" duo for me this year. Bryant will be this draft's best defensive player if he pans out, which obviously isn't a sure thing, but he's got "mega-steal" potential that you almost never see. Gardner is a similar story. Both have aspects that worry me and both are very high risk, but so were Irvin and Wilson, albeit for different reasons.

"Favorite" player? Ryan Swope. Was always a big fan, but close inspection shows he's actually a lot more special of an athlete and playmaker than people think. I think he's actually surpassed DeAndre Hopkins for me. They are strikingly similar in size, polish and clutchness, but I suspect Swope is faster and his price tag will be lower. Has very similar QB experience playing with Tannehill/Manziel that he'd have with Wilson. He knows how to improvise and be a QB's pet. It's going to suck serious ass if he ends up a Ram. He just seems like the kind of player they would go for.

I too would like to see Swope in a Seahaws Uni., on top of the other atributes you mentioned, he's smart, a great route runner, makes quick hard cuts, and he's fast as hell in the boot.
    I just hope that if he isn't drafted a Seahawk, that he doesn't wind up in any other NFC WEST team :141847_bnono:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• I like Nickell Robey. Leader, competitor, tough, great tackler... Future nickel corner for the Seahawks? I hope so.

pound for pound, there's no one tougher in the draft than Nickell Robey.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• I want to change my pick to Tavon Austin...I don't think I've ever seen more elusive, speedy receiver out there. His stop-n-go speed is ridiculous and his ability to break ankles is extraordinary. I know he'd be a luxury pick, but I think we can afford it.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• -The Glove- wrote:I want to change my pick to Tavon Austin...I don't think I've ever seen more elusive, speedy receiver out there. His stop-n-go speed is ridiculous and his ability to break ankles is extraordinary. I know he'd be a luxury pick, but I think we can afford it.

He's right up there for me too. I like Keenan Allen as well.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• Lady Talon wrote:I like Devin Taylor. Then again my ex used to downplay my football opinions because he thought I watched it only for the tight football pants...

Luckily he was a Jets fan so his opinion didn't matter.

I think Taylor could end up being even the first round pick of the Seahawks. He's quite a package of Height, athleticism, length, productivity, etc. He's projected more in the 3rd round... but, JS/PC don't care. I could believe he is high on many a team's board even already. (shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!) I personally would want to see Tavon Austin be the Seahawks pick at 25, but I wouldn't be disappointed with a player like Devin Taylor.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

• -The Glove- wrote:I want to change my pick to Tavon Austin...I don't think I've ever seen more elusive, speedy receiver out there. His stop-n-go speed is ridiculous and his ability to break ankles is extraordinary. I know he'd be a luxury pick, but I think we can afford it.

+1, but I wouldn't go as far to label him as a luxury pick. It's simply a matter of not passing on a potential future Hall-of-fame player by drafting the most elite offensive skilled position player available in this draft - who could very well slide to 25 because of his size. The guy is a tough football player. I already look so forward to game days to watch this Russell Wilson led team. Now this team could be in a draft position at #25 overall to add a weapon who has the ability to take it to the house on any given play? Yes, please.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

• For me, the player I think I'll be happiest to see as a Seahawk is Swope. Even better if they are able to snag him in the third, although he may not be there by then.

Aside from him, I think what would make me the happiest is if they trade back from the 1st and pick up a couple extra picks in the 2nd-4th. With their ability to draft, and the amount of quality depth available this year, we could stockpile our team with starters and depth for a long run of success.

With the way this draft is panning out value-wise, the 25th pick is likely to contribute the same as many 2nd rounders. Imagine trading back and having 2 second rounders and 2 third rounders instead of just the 25th, 1 2nd, and 1 3rd. JS would be a kid in a candy store.
    thehands816
    NET Practice Squad

• WR Brandon Kaufman - because he went to my school, is 6'5, and is a beast at walling off DB's and snagging the ball out of the air no matter what.
    DE/DT Margus Hunt - because he's a manimal.
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    SE174
    NET Veteran

• ivotuk wrote:Ezekial Ansah. Better than JPP. I saw him do things in his limited time at Utah that I've never seen anyone do. Block and O-Lineman, shed him to the left to tackle the RB who cuts back to the other side, bring the O-Lineman back to center, shed him to the right and tackle the running back. How the hell does anyone do that in the space of a split second?

He went to BYU but your point is noted.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

• In terms of an athlete and a guy you would root for battling adversity, it's hard not to pick Jamie Collins. Lost both of his parents by age 6, raised by his sister, played on an easy to be overlooked winless team and could end up being a late 1st round pick after rocking the combine.

http://www.southernmiss.com/sports/m-fo ... 12aaj.html
    TheWebHead
    NET Rookie

• I can't just choose one, so here a few of my favorite players
    LB Sio Moore UConn
    WR Chris Harper Kansas St
    DE Quanterus Smith Western Kentucky
    cover-2
    NET Veteran

• ARTHUR BROWN..............KANSAS STATE OLB
    Darrenv17
    NET Rookie

• Cordarrelle Patterson

This guy is a phenom and will be a super star in the NFL. Just a playmaker all over the field.

Keenan Allen also looks really good to me. I typically hate 1st round WR's but I have to admit I'd be pretty happy if we got lucky and nabbed one of those two guys, even though there are much more pressing needs than WR on this team...
    DJrmb
    NET Rookie

• Cordarrelle Patterson. He's a playmaker. I hope he goes to the AFC.
    Zybot
    NET Practice Squad

• Tyrann Mathieu
    seahawks875
    NET Rookie

• SE174 wrote:WR Brandon Kaufman - because he went to my school, is 6'5, and is a beast at walling off DB's and snagging the ball out of the air no matter what.
    DE/DT Margus Hunt - because he's a manimal.

Here's a few highlights of Kaufman, for anyone interested. Definitely fits the big, physical WR mold that Pete likes.

http://vimeo.com/62112311
    About 7:58-9:20 is all Kaufman (#1).
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    SE174
    NET Veteran

• Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU
    kigenzun
    NET Starter

• cover-2 wrote:I can't just choose one, so here a few of my favorite players
    LB Sio Moore UConn

Chris Harper is a locker room cancer, no thanks. When he left UO the players weren't unhappy to see him go. He was all about himself.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• Denard Robinson, I don't know what position he'll end up playing but he probably has the most explosive game changing potential in this draft IMO.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

• I don't really have one.

I don't know what position he would play. So no to d rob.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Chance warmack
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• Desmond Trufant
    Matt Barkley
    Keenan Allen
    Marquees Wilson

I admit i'm a UW and PAC-12 homer

I also really like Star Lotuli, loved Wilfork and Ngata and think he could be the next great DT/NT
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• CPHawk wrote:
    cover-2 wrote:I can't just choose one, so here a few of my favorite players
    LB Sio Moore UConn

Chris Harper is a locker room cancer, no thanks. When he left UO the players weren't unhappy to see him go. He was all about himself.

I had not heard about that, but I'm not going to write the guy off just because when he was an 18 year old true freshman he was immature. It's been 4 years since his time at OU and I am sure he has matured a little since then. Do you know of anything other incidents since his freshman year at OU? or is that enough to take a prospect off your board?
    cover-2
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:58 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information