Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: Kniles Davis is a freak
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:37 pm 
NET Rookie

Kniles Davis, HB from Arkansas is 5'10 230 lbs and ran a 4.3 forty. And what's more impressive was his bench press, he did 31 reps of 225, but when they showed the video, he was doing close grip bench. If you don't know anything about weightlifting, close grip bench is when you grip the bar in close and your arms are going straight down at your sides instea of out, you're using more triceps instead of chest. I can only close grip bench about 60% of my normal bench press, so it is much more difficult with the close grip and kniles davis still did 31 reps.

Post subject: Re: Kniles Davis is a freak
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:52 pm 
NET Veteran

I think close grip bench press should help the scouts learn more about the guy's strength as a blocker.

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]