Fresh Seahawk QB news

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:43 pm
  • Spokane wrote:BINGO, Tebow would be the answer! But at what price? Tim's skill set is the same as Wilson!

    If Tim Tebow had the same "skillset" as Wilson, the Jets would be dumber than a box of shit to let him leave, so I ain't buyin' what you're try'n to peddle :roll:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3530
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:48 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    Spokane wrote:BINGO, Tebow would be the answer! But at what price? Tim's skill set is the same as Wilson!

    If Tim Tebow had the same "skillset" as Wilson, the Jets would be dumber than a box of shit to let him leave, so I ain't buyin' what you're try'n to peddle :roll:


    Similar skill set, I'd say. Physically at least. Not the same skill level though.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14241
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:50 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:If Tahj Boyd slips? maybe? Matt Scott? thats just the draft though...

    Josh Portis is still out there... :)

    Boyd isn't in this years draft.
    P-Rich fo life
    User avatar
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2491
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:33 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    Spokane wrote:BINGO, Tebow would be the answer! But at what price? Tim's skill set is the same as Wilson!

    If Tim Tebow had the same "skillset" as Wilson, the Jets would be dumber than a box of shit to let him leave, so I ain't buyin' what you're try'n to peddle :roll:


    PC and JS fully understand there is no other Wilson in the NFL. Not even close, not Brees, not Manning, not Brady. Wilson is all of those dudes with wheels enough to out run every D-line man, if he can see him. What I loved was that he got better and better as the year went on. There is a reason why there were rumors of him asking for a pay raise, no player deserved it more. We will never get a true Wilson Jr.


    So I was wrong on saying they have the same skill set, I should have wrote Tim has the closest skill set. Tim is a good runner, improviser, has the ability to come back late in the game, finisher, and Yes 6 for 8 does not normally mean crap but it is his 2012 body of work that they allowed him. Why did they spend all that money for 8 passes? Kind of a dumb idea. J-E-T-no.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:09 am
  • Spokane wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    Spokane wrote:BINGO, Tebow would be the answer! But at what price? Tim's skill set is the same as Wilson!

    If Tim Tebow had the same "skillset" as Wilson, the Jets would be dumber than a box of shit to let him leave, so I ain't buyin' what you're try'n to peddle :roll:


    PC and JS fully understand there is no other Wilson in the NFL. Not even close, not Brees, not Manning, not Brady. Wilson is all of those dudes with wheels enough to out run every D-line man, if he can see him. What I loved was that he got better and better as the year went on. There is a reason why there were rumors of him asking for a pay raise, no player deserved it more. We will never get a true Wilson Jr.


    So I was wrong on saying they have the same skill set, I should have wrote Tim has the closest skill set. Tim is a good runner, improviser, has the ability to come back late in the game, finisher, and Yes 6 for 8 does not normally mean crap but it is his 2012 body of work that they allowed him. Why did they spend all that money for 8 passes? Kind of a dumb idea. J-E-T-no.


    You were blowing up his 6 for 8? shame on you, you shameless stat slinger. How about we just make Golden Tate the backup, he was 1 for 1 on the season.
    Was it the 1 for 1 passing against us that got you all excited? Or the 8 yards?

    There is only one guaranteed benefit of trading for Tebow-Jersey sales to idiots who buy jerseys for backup quarterbacks. There are millions of dollars to be mined in that idiot market. Maybe some of you can put a Tebow 15 next to your Flynn. Everything else is conjecture. Wilson extends plays to find a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th target. Tebow scrambles because after he dropped back from center and did a play action fake, he doesn't know where his first target is. Tebow does not have a similar skill set to Wilson. Saying he does just because you have seen both run a successful play option is lazy analysis. By that definition, Colt McCoy has a similar skillset, as does Jake Locker. Except they don't. Russell has a smooth throwing motion, and Tebow still looks like he is unfolding a lawnchair behind his back. Russell slides to play another down, Tebow is a meathead who goes head first.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 10850
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:48 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    You were blowing up his 6 for 8? shame on you, you shameless stat slinger. How about we just make Golden Tate the backup, he was 1 for 1 on the season.
    Was it the 1 for 1 passing against us that got you all excited? Or the 8 yards?

    There is only one guaranteed benefit of trading for Tebow-Jersey sales to idiots who buy jerseys for backup quarterbacks. There are millions of dollars to be mined in that idiot market. Maybe some of you can put a Tebow 15 next to your Flynn. Everything else is conjecture. Wilson extends plays to find a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th target. Tebow scrambles because after he dropped back from center and did a play action fake, he doesn't know where his first target is. Tebow does not have a similar skill set to Wilson. Saying he does just because you have seen both run a successful play option is lazy analysis. By that definition, Colt McCoy has a similar skillset, as does Jake Locker. Except they don't. Russell has a smooth throwing motion, and Tebow still looks like he is unfolding a lawnchair behind his back. Russell slides to play another down, Tebow is a meathead who goes head first.


    First off and most importantly thank you for my new signature, I did not think any phrase would be as cool as "that is all" But for my money shameless stat slinger is pretty close.

    Yes I am handing out a lazy analysis for some back up on the other side of the country, I have no clue who our own 3rd string guy is at the moment

    Left handed dudes always seem to be herky jerky whenever they move, so you have to expect a little lawn chair throwing motion with him. That guy gets a ton of crap for his play, so he has to go head first just to get every yard. If he didn't, some stat slinger would not be able to defend his 3.2 yards per carry. Hey give him the ball all 4 downs and he can rush it in for a TD with those numbers. Long story short, Tim fits the mold PC is looking for and should come cheap if we choose to trade for him.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:18 pm
  • Well I suppose we do need to counter the Ninner's 'Kaepernicking' with our own 'Tebowing' right? :sarcasm_off:
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 669
    Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:26 pm
  • Russ Willstrong wrote:Well I suppose we do need to counter the Ninner's 'Kaepernicking' with our own 'Tebowing' right? :sarcasm_off:


    Man we're Russellin'

    Which is 1000000000000000000000000x better than both those scrubs.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19080
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:32 am

Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:40 am

Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:55 am
  • If he doesn't go through the draft could he still be signed after it? Seattle might be a good fit for him.
    User avatar
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1360
    Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:50 am


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:49 pm
  • Why the Seahawks need TYLER THIGPEN?

    Of course, there’s more to it than that. The Pistol was not new in the NFL this past season. In fact, it was utilized extensively in 2008 in Kansas City. The offensive coordinator was Chan Gailey, and the quarterback was Tyler Thigpen. I remember a conversation I had with Ron Rivera, then the defensive coordinator for the San Diego Chargers; he told me how difficult the Pistol was to defend, primarily due to the ability of Thigpen to run the ball effectively. Thigpen started 11 games that season, threw 18 touchdown passes and ran for 386 yards. The Chiefs, however, only won one of those 11 games. Thigpen was gone the next season. The main reason: he could not throw the ball well enough to be a consistent NFL starter, no matter what formation or offensive concepts were deployed.


    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html
    fridayfrenzy
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 198
    Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:33 pm


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:27 am
  • fridayfrenzy wrote:Why the Seahawks need TYLER THIGPEN?

    Of course, there’s more to it than that. The Pistol was not new in the NFL this past season. In fact, it was utilized extensively in 2008 in Kansas City. The offensive coordinator was Chan Gailey, and the quarterback was Tyler Thigpen. I remember a conversation I had with Ron Rivera, then the defensive coordinator for the San Diego Chargers; he told me how difficult the Pistol was to defend, primarily due to the ability of Thigpen to run the ball effectively. Thigpen started 11 games that season, threw 18 touchdown passes and ran for 386 yards. The Chiefs, however, only won one of those 11 games. Thigpen was gone the next season. The main reason: he could not throw the ball well enough to be a consistent NFL starter, no matter what formation or offensive concepts were deployed.


    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html


    Is that the main reason we need him?
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2986
    Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:56 am
  • Tim Tebow is a not a starting caliber QB in this league. I would sign him as a backup fullback though ;).
    Cheesehead Seahawk Extraordinaire
    User avatar
    Bipolar
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 749
    Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:58 pm
    Location: Bellevue


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:07 am
  • pehawk wrote:When Tebow does complete passes, it's in scenarios where he buys time. I.e., anything NOT involving a traditional 5-7 step drop. He'll never be accurate in a "drop and throw to that spot" system. But, that's not what Seattle runs either, really.

    He played in Denver kinda similar to Wilson the first 2-3 weeks of the season. Tim was ugly, yet clutch.

    I get it, the anti-Tebow thing's the hipster thing to do, because you can buck ESPN and the national coverage machine, but he would NOT be an awful choice. Not at all.


    I disagree, So it's hip to point out the obvious? He not only is a terrible player. But the over-the-top media coverage would be a complete distraction. If You think having "HARDKNOCKS" would be bad, Tebow would be infinately worse. It would be a circus.

    If you want to only score 14-17 points a game than by all means sign Tebow. That's all he's good for. When he was with Denver they lead the league in 3-and-out's. Under NO circumstances would I want Tebow in Seattle.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2380
    Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:19 am
  • jlwaters1 wrote: So it's hip to point out the obvious? It would be a circus.

    This is where the whole mimicking ESPN makes a person a tool comes into play. Yes we are going back to being REAL for a moment due to You need to be brought back to reality.

    So ask yourself, does Tebow bring an elephant, tiger, 3 rings, trapeze act, and a big tent to work everyday? No. So why say circus? Why? Because you mimic rather then speak for yourself. ESPN tells you something and you can't follow fast enough!

    Does Tebow bring a ton of fans? Yes. Does he sale mad Jerseys? Yes. Did he do well enough with Denver to earn a 5 year $33 Million contract? Yes. So clearly the GM of the Jets disagrees with your 3 and out concerns. Its totally cool to dislike a player, but have a real reason, and not some odd agenda that make you look uneducated. Tim fits the mold of what PC/JS are looking for.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:31 am
  • Bipolar wrote:Tim Tebow is a not a starting caliber QB in this league. I would sign him as a backup fullback though ;).

    With that wink, I am guessing your joking. However anyone with this idea would be fired as a GM day 1. When was the last time a GM moved a QB to FB? Never. Also 3.2 yards per carry sucks. I am just wondering if you would have made this suggestion on your own, or are you just following the hipster crowd
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:55 am
  • Seneca Wallace. Knows the West Coast system, older but still athletic as heck and will accept being a back up. Seneca should not be a starter but can win you a few games as a back up.
    seanmatt
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 67
    Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:31 am


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:00 am
  • I am down with SW! I think he was a .500 QB as a Hawk, but that is fine as a fill in dude. At worst we need a 3rd string guy as well!
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:34 am
  • The Seahawks offense is the best fit for Tebow, if ever their was one.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9925
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:44 am
  • Spokane wrote:
    Bipolar wrote:Tim Tebow is a not a starting caliber QB in this league. I would sign him as a backup fullback though ;).

    With that wink, I am guessing your joking. However anyone with this idea would be fired as a GM day 1. When was the last time a GM moved a QB to FB? Never. Also 3.2 yards per carry sucks. I am just wondering if you would have made this suggestion on your own, or are you just following the hipster crowd


    Hmm Michael Robinson, FB for the Seattle Seahawks, QB for Penn State......................
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 10165
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:53 am
  • Spokane wrote:
    Does Tebow bring a ton of fans? Yes. Does he sale mad Jerseys? Yes. Did he do well enough with Denver to earn a 5 year $33 Million contract? Yes. So clearly the GM of the Jets disagrees with your 3 and out concerns. Its totally cool to dislike a player, but have a real reason, and not some odd agenda that make you look uneducated. Tim fits the mold of what PC/JS are looking for.


    You mean the team that couldn't trade away that 33 million contract fast enough and the GM that got fired? LOL, not good examples if you're trying to prove your point.

    You are right that Tebow doesn't bring on any of the circus himself. But that doesn't change the fact that the Tebow circus exists. It does exist, and it's not worth having him on your team as a backup. There are too many other capable backups that don't bring that distraction to the team.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2951
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:56 am
  • :roll: I can't believe we are still talking about Tim Tebow :roll:
    Image
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 13038
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:10 pm
  • kidhawk wrote::roll: I can't believe we are still talking about Tim Tebow :roll:

    There is a curse placed upon that name such that whoever speaks his name is compelled to talk about him until ears bleed.
    What might work is if we refer to him as Jesus Christ Superstar from now on.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 669
    Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:18 pm
  • Spokane wrote:
    Bipolar wrote:Tim Tebow is a not a starting caliber QB in this league. I would sign him as a backup fullback though ;).

    With that wink, I am guessing your joking. However anyone with this idea would be fired as a GM day 1. When was the last time a GM moved a QB to FB? Never. Also 3.2 yards per carry sucks. I am just wondering if you would have made this suggestion on your own, or are you just following the hipster crowd


    Who here is following what crowd?

    The "hipster" Tebow crowd began with those that thought an under developed quarterback who struggled mightily throwing the ball can be a championship quality starter. I lived in Denver when Tebow was drafted by the Broncos. I saw first hand the crowd that would ignore those in the media and NFL that presented fair and reasonable reasons why Tebow did not have what it took to be a great quarterback. It was the "hip" thing to downplay any of his negatives and instead focus on him being "a winner" and using similar "shameless stat slinging" as you have used to say that those who are against Tebow are simply using a follow the herd mentality. And it hasn't changed!

    A few seasons later, following a path of GM and coach firings, it's become more evident that the masses were right to began with, but it still the "hip" thing to do is to take the opposite approach of the majority; that Tebow can be a great QB.

    I've said before that I'd be willing to even trade a 7th for Tebow to be our 3rd string QB if Pete can find use of him, but I was of the mindset his "circus days" were behind him (and please don't argue the literal use of these words. It is simply a metaphor). Now, I'm starting to feel I might be wrong on that.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    User avatar
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2054
    Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:01 pm
    Location: Vancouver, Wa


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:49 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Spokane wrote:
    Bipolar wrote:Tim Tebow is a not a starting caliber QB in this league. I would sign him as a backup fullback though ;).

    With that wink, I am guessing your joking. However anyone with this idea would be fired as a GM day 1. When was the last time a GM moved a QB to FB? Never. Also 3.2 yards per carry sucks. I am just wondering if you would have made this suggestion on your own, or are you just following the hipster crowd


    Hmm Michael Robinson, FB for the Seattle Seahawks, QB for Penn State......................


    Touche! It should be noted that MR was the 2nd leading WR on the team and 3rd leading rusher his last year at Penn. He could play LT, the guy rocks!
    Last edited by Spokane on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:18 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:You are right that Tebow doesn't bring on any of the circus himself. But that doesn't change the fact that the Tebow circus exists. It does exist, and it's not worth having him on your team as a backup. There are too many other capable backups that don't bring that distraction to the team.


    At this point it is a waste of time to go over and over the same topic. However I find it hilarious that some of you are so entrenched in the agenda that when the truth about a word "circus" slaps you in the face, you are unwilling to admit you are wrong.

    Did TO, Moss, Brett or any other challenged player ever get the term circus? No. They got the word distraction. A fair word. When you take it one more step past fair, you have to account for why! Sanchez sucks at the NFL level, they were calling for him to be replaced before Tim got there, (Why do you think they brought Tim in) So the fact the crowd called for a backup happens just about every time the starting QB needs to go. The only other issue is that Tim can reel in the press, but so does Manning, Brady and Wilson. Again not a "circus", just media attention. Haters will always find a way to turn a good thing bad. So with my last Tebow post (unless he becomes a Hawk) Think about what you are saying, is it fair or are you taking it one step past fair. Be fair not a hater, it's embarrassing to watch
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:32 pm
  • Spokane wrote: my last Tebow post (unless he becomes a Hawk)


    :th2thumbs: :0190l: :thirishdrinkers:
    Image
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 13038
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:33 pm
  • Spokane wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:You are right that Tebow doesn't bring on any of the circus himself. But that doesn't change the fact that the Tebow circus exists. It does exist, and it's not worth having him on your team as a backup. There are too many other capable backups that don't bring that distraction to the team.


    At this point it is a waste of time to go over and over the same topic. However I find it hilarious that some of you are so entrenched in the agenda that when the truth about a word "circus" slaps you in the face, you are unwilling to admit you are wrong.

    Did TO, Moss, Brett or any other challenged player ever get the term circus? No. They got the word distraction. A fair word. When you take it one more step past fair, you have to account for why! Sanchez sucks at the NFL level, they were calling for him to be replaced before Tim got there, (Why do you think they brought Tim in) So the fact the crowd called for a backup happens just about every time the starting QB needs to go. The only other issue is that Tim can reel in the press, but so does Manning, Brady and Wilson. Again not a "circus", just media attention. Haters will always find a way to turn a good thing bad. So with my last Tebow post (unless he becomes a Hawk) Think about what you are saying, is it fair or are you taking it one step past fair. Be fair not a hater, it's embarrassing to watch


    Not sure why you're hung up on the word "circus," like it's demeaning, derogatory or a personal offense to you and Tim Tebow's family.

    Circus, distraction, it's the same thing.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2951
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:42 pm
  • Spokane wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Did TO, Moss, Brett or any other challenged player ever get the term circus? No. They got the word distraction. A fair word. When you take it one more step past fair, you have to account for why! Sanchez sucks at the NFL level, they were calling for him to be replaced before Tim got there, (Why do you think they brought Tim in) So the fact the crowd called for a backup happens just about every time the starting QB needs to go. The only other issue is that Tim can reel in the press, but so does Manning, Brady and Wilson. Again not a "circus", just media attention. Haters will always find a way to turn a good thing bad. So with my last Tebow post (unless he becomes a Hawk) Think about what you are saying, is it fair or are you taking it one step past fair. Be fair not a hater, it's embarrassing to watch


    If TO, Moss or whomever else had daily pressconference before ever playing a down with their teams they would have been considered 100 times the problems they got credit for being. Tebow getting up on a podium every single day was / is by choice. Seeking the media attention he seeks is a CHOICE. He seeks it for his reasons and beliefs and that makes him a media whore. I don't care if the reasons are good / benefit others or whatever but you cannot claim that he doesn't seek it out. The other players were in several incidents but NONE of them did it on a daily basis like Tebow.

    And one other DETAIL. Moss, TO and Brett Favre were at the height of their career some of the best to ever play the game. They EARNED the right to speak up and be in the news.
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3236
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:43 pm
  • I always thought Portis was amazing, however everyone looks amazing in the 4th during a preseason game. But as a 2nd or 3rd string guy I would take him.
    Truth be told, he may be the closest QB I have seen to Wilson, but again that was all in the 4th.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:17 pm
  • Is Tim Tebow the greatest QB of all time? Maybe.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14241
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:30 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Spokane wrote:With that wink, I am guessing your joking. However anyone with this idea would be fired as a GM day 1. When was the last time a GM moved a QB to FB? Never. Also 3.2 yards per carry sucks. I am just wondering if you would have made this suggestion on your own, or are you just following the hipster crowd


    Hmm Michael Robinson, FB for the Seattle Seahawks, QB for Penn State......................


    Nice shot.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    User avatar
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *
     
    Posts: 4157
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:39 pm
  • I am in the Tebow to Seattle bandwagon, sign me up.

    I don't believe we should trade Flynn, he is cheap in cap terms all things considering. But, and this is a big one, if a great trade comes in and we need to bite bringing in Tebow as a qb backup for peanuts makes good sense to me. So, assuming he is released, assuming he will come to Seattle for much less than his current 2.5mil the tshirt sales alone makes this a good decision.

    The Jets should be ashamed of what they have done with Tebow this year, I see no reason to not benefit from it if things work out that way. For those who do not want Tebow for any reason consider what our options are if we have to trade Flynn. We are going to be stuck with a fifth round QB in one of the worst QB classes in recent memory, hate on Tebow all you want, you know he is going to be better than that.
    seahawksTopGear
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 147
    Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:24 am


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:44 pm
  • I'll go nuts if we were to sign Tebow. Hell no, and those of you that want him, go take a long walk off a short dock.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 24843
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:44 pm
  • Matt Scott would be awesome. When I watched him play I was really impressed.
    User avatar
    Bat9th
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 17
    Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:24 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:49 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Spokane wrote:
    Does Tebow bring a ton of fans? Yes. Does he sale mad Jerseys? Yes. Did he do well enough with Denver to earn a 5 year $33 Million contract? Yes. So clearly the GM of the Jets disagrees with your 3 and out concerns. Its totally cool to dislike a player, but have a real reason, and not some odd agenda that make you look uneducated. Tim fits the mold of what PC/JS are looking for.


    You mean the team that couldn't trade away that 33 million contract fast enough and the GM that got fired? LOL, not good examples if you're trying to prove your point.

    You are right that Tebow doesn't bring on any of the circus himself. But that doesn't change the fact that the Tebow circus exists. It does exist, and it's not worth having him on your team as a backup. There are too many other capable backups that don't bring that distraction to the team.


    You are right that Tebow doesn't bring on any of the circus himself
    Nonsense! His over the top displays of his worship during a football game is what brought on all the fuss.
    User avatar
    HUGGY
    *NET Poop Holster*
     
    Posts: 310
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:07 pm
    Location: N. Seattle


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:51 pm
  • Tebow's religious slobbering on camera combined with his ridiculous string of luck in getting those wins to get into the playoffs with Denver is what combined to make him such a media force. Old horse-face running the show in Denver wasn't fooled, which is why he worked so hard to trade him. I think half the reason he wanted Peyton so much was so it'd give him the excuse to get rid of Tebow.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 24843
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:53 pm
  • Nice freak out roland. So you will lose your sanity and promote people dying over a trade? :240039:
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:56 pm
  • Spokane wrote:Nice freak out roland. So you will lose your sanity and promote people dying over a trade? :240039:


    Possibly. :devil: Also, how'd you know I didn't just want them to get wet while swimming back to shore? :stirthepot:
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 24843
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:02 pm
  • I wish there was a back tracking Icon. like a yellow dude doing the moon walk.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:04 pm
  • Wilson is not far off in terms of over the top displays of worship, so maybe he and Tebow will get along.

    >There are too many other capable backups
    Name one that will cost less than a million in cap or a fourth round draft pick, any single one. Tarvaris Jackson just got 4 million plus.

    Face it, I really hope we can keep Flynn, but if for whatever reason we don't this is a terrible year to get a backup QB. Tebow for peanuts would make sense to anybody not emotionally invested in making people walk off of short docks.
    seahawksTopGear
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 147
    Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:24 am


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:05 pm
  • seahawksTopGear wrote:Tebow for peanuts would make sense to anybody not emotionally invested in making people walk off of short docks.


    Oh, so the fact that he can't throw the football and is easily figured out now that he has been in the league a while is irrelevant?
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 24843
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:08 pm
  • +1
    Keeping Flynn would be sweet! The Hawks are not paying Wilson starter money, and Flynn's contract seems workable. I would keep both and be pumped that we have 2 starters at the lowest price!
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:10 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    seahawksTopGear wrote:Tebow for peanuts would make sense to anybody not emotionally invested in making people walk off of short docks.


    Oh, so the fact that he can't throw the football and is easily figured out now that he has been in the league a while is irrelevant?


    Pretty much irrelevant yes, we are not looking for a guy who can throw the ball. We are looking for a guy who can win a game if the guy we have that can throw the ball has to step out for a piss.

    Take a look at the options that will cost about what Tebow will next year and let me know what sounds good to you. Obviously I am hoping that Flynn stays, but if we trade him I hope that whatever replaces him costs us less than 1m a year or a fourth round draft pick. slim pickings
    seahawksTopGear
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 147
    Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:24 am


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:12 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    seahawksTopGear wrote:Tebow for peanuts would make sense to anybody not emotionally invested in making people walk off of short docks.


    Oh, so the fact that he can't throw the football and is easily figured out now that he has been in the league a while is irrelevant?


    Tony Dungy said Manning uses the same hand motions from his rookie year. Tony knows what Manning is about to do. So getting figured out clearly is not that big of a deal
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:23 pm
  • Spokane wrote:Tony Dungy said Manning uses the same hand motions from his rookie year. Tony knows what Manning is about to do. So getting figured out clearly is not that big of a deal


    It is when you're a mediocre passer, and not Peyton-freaking-Manning. :roll:
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 24843
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:28 pm
  • Matt Flynn is going no-where unless someone offers up a crazy trade/draft-pick(s) deal.

    The overall QB budget for the Hawks is well within an acceptable range if not low for the position.

    As far as Teebow goes, he might be fixable in the future, BEHIND another left handed QB that won't require a different O-line setup just for him. (aka, not the Hawks)

    TB's sideline antics really are not much more than some others, but the press coverage that comes with him amplifies it greatly.

    Just my 2cents.

    GO HAWKS!!!
    For those that choose to attend the temple "QWEST" bring your best and be LOUD.

    The opposition has no hope!!
    User avatar
    12HawkFan
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 352
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:50 am
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:32 pm
  • In other Seahawks QB news, we officially have the better NFC west QB.

    Image
    User avatar
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1428
    Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 pm
    Location: Bellevue


Re: Fresh Seahawk QB news
Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:24 am
  • Pstark3 wrote:In other Seahawks QB news, we officially have the better NFC west QB.

    Image


    the second pic really disturbs me...look closer!!

    Image
    "When you're running at me like that and I'm running at you...It's gonna be a nasty scene" BAMBAM!!
    User avatar
    tooshort
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 963
    Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 8:46 pm
    Location: Enjoying a life sentence in the Clink.


PreviousNext


It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:24 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information