Damn Atlanta Game!

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Just rewatched that first quarter.....and puked at our Defensive performance! It was like our players had never watched film on this team! Our players were so tentative....they could not anticipate a single move....we were "on our heels" repeatedly. Poor preparation in my opinion!

Axx

Reaction score
How did Bryant look in the game? I have seen him as a liability all year long when i focus in on him.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Yeah, the defense looked like mud in the start of the Skins game too. Hill was a liability, but with the young LB'ers out there, he needed to be on the field. It is a problem the Hawks won't have in 2013. Just like any close loss, there are a dozen things you can point to that make the difference. I think the Hawks left 6 points off the board and the play calling and personnel issues hosed momentum in the first half. I swear, I have never seen a team build momentum as quickly as the Hawks do and when they have it, they don't give it back. Starts with a FG, turnover or defensive stop and escalates from there.

ihawk

Reaction score
Axx":2peae7qy said:
How did Bryant look in the game? I have seen him as a liability all year long when i focus in on him.

Red apparently was playing through a torn planter fascia. If that's the case he deserves some slack and let's just hope he heals up for next season so he can get back to his Big Red ways.

Largent80

Reaction score
Atlanta did the opposite of what our DC thought and ran the ball right at us. We could not stop it.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
We couldn't contain the edge. I like Irvin, but he repeatedly bit on plays and didn't maintain his lane. We really missed Clemons in this game.

Edit: Which is why Dan Snyder should be spending the offseason laying sod on that abomination of a playing surface.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Largent80":2sfr6njl said:
Atlanta did the opposite of what our DC thought and ran the ball right at us. We could not stop it.

I don't know how we couldn't have predicted they'd run straight at Bruce Irvin. That was a gimme.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
10 AM. by the second half, their body clocks were getting up to speed and they started their comeback. Had the game been at 1pm I think we blow them out. Just my opinion.

HawkMania

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":rghfm101 said:
We couldn't contain the edge. I like Irvin, but he repeatedly bit on plays and didn't maintain his lane. We really missed Clemons in this game.

Edit: Which is why Dan Snyder should be spending the offseason laying sod on that abomination of a playing surface.
This, this , this. Without a doubt edge containment. I cannot recall how many times I have seen bruce bullrush and lose his edge, then chasing down the ball carrier! Missed clem for sure. Irving needs to learn some new technique if hes gonna live up to the hype.

mikeak

Reaction score
I expected them to start slow. It was the second East Coast game in a row, it was being played early, it was against a team that had two weeks to prepare. I was not surprised that we started slow.

Personally I still belive we lost it with the playcalling on 3rd and 4th with 1 to go. With RW and Lynch on the roster we should have run something very different on 3rd down....... we get points there everything else is a different ball game. EDIT: I am NOT complaining about going for it on 4th down - only the plays selected. The statistics are clear on average you get more points going for it there than kicking

And well that last drive by Atlanta didn't really help

garydrake425

Reaction score
That timeout when he missed the FG didn't help out.

I'm over it. Next year is in my sight now. Let's just get this draft over so we can start watching film on the new guys. Go Hawks!!! :icon_new:

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I know it is water under the bridge to some and I recall we did take the lead with 31 seconds to go. If you want to move on, move on.

But.

I will always question the wisdom of flying back to Seattle between the euphoric Wild Card victory and the following week's East Coast 10am game.

We looked lethargic in the first quarter and most of the first half.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1t1ew602 said:
10 AM. by the second half, their body clocks were getting up to speed and they started their comeback. Had the game been at 1pm I think we blow them out. Just my opinion.

Even my best friend, who is a Jets fan, noticed that we made our comeback around our regular start time.

OP
OP
B

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":1tmcjhu6 said:
SalishHawkFan":1tmcjhu6 said:

Even my best friend, who is a Jets fan, noticed that we made our comeback around our regular start time.

If the Coaching staff buys into that theory, then there is nothing we can do about it! I'm sorry....I do not think that the Hawks can say to themelves, "We cannot win a 1 pm Eastern Time Zone game.......two weeks in a row".

ivotuk

Reaction score
Trufant was useless! When he blitzed off the edge, Atlanta didn't even block him! His lack of speed was so obvious and frustrating! Then on the last throw of the game, the one to Gonzalez that set up the game winning field goal, Trufant rushed the passer but when Jacquizz went out to block him, he pulled up! WTH? Jump in the air! Bowl him over! Get your hands up in the air! Do somethiung! Don't pull up and put your hands on the guys chest and look at the ball as it whizzes by!

mrblitz

Reaction score
if we could have just found a way to have taken more time off of the clock at the end (25 more seconds?).