An Observation

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
An Observation
Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:07 pm
  • Wilson didn't win ROTY, but has anyone noticed that he is the one on all the shows, interviews, analysis view points etc.

Where is RGIII? Where is Luck? Where is Tannahill?, Where is Weedon?

Is it because he is smoother on camera, looks better on camera, more articulate, or smarter and has better football IQ or all the above ?

Just a thought really but when the whole media circuit seems to want your guy that pretty much sends a statement to what value you have. Endorsements, merchandise and all else is sure to follow. The Seahawks with Sherman and Wilson should spike really high in jersey requests next year versus the rest of the league in improved sales.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Re: An Observation
Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:08 pm
  • I ordered a new Wilson jersey for my 85 year old mom who absolutely LOVES him, enough said. She calls him "our little quarterback".....I LOVE it.

R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:10 pm
  • Hmm.. that's a good thought.

Honestly, I love the media attention he's finally getting. Seems like Wilson is everywhere nowadays.
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:11 pm
  • Well.....isn't RGIII recovering from major knee surgery, and Luck seems kinda shy and one that stays out of the spotlights.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:14 pm
  • Blitzer88 wrote:Well.....isn't RGIII recovering from major knee surgery, and Luck seems kinda shy and one that stays out of the spotlights.

They are NFL QB's, Super Bowl week, RGIII was in some other interviews concerning ROTY, Luck didn't have issues with being in front of the camera before the draft.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:15 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:or all the above ?

All of the above.

Wilson is going to be huge. I was at the shopping mall the other day, and saw #3 jerseys in several stores. Not a big deal for you guys in WA. But I live in Greensboro NC. I have not seen Seahawks gear anywhere in Greensboro for the past 10 years. Now it is available everywhere.
    HawkFanNC
    NET Rookie

Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:18 pm
  • HawkFanNC wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:or all the above ?

All of the above.

Wilson is going to be huge. I was at the shopping mall the other day, and saw #3 jerseys in several stores. Not a big deal for you guys in WA. But I live in Greensboro NC. I have not seen Seahawks gear anywhere in Greensboro for the past 10 years. Now it is available everywhere.

Nice that you have #3 jerseys there. In the Seattle area, at least the places I've seen, there isn't a #3 or #25 to be found ANYWHERE!
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:56 pm
  • I don't recall where I saw it, but I swear that I read something about RG3 saying that he isn't going to attend the Superbowl until he's actually in it.

Pretty cool reason, but after winning ROTY I would have assumed that he would be more present. Oh well, more facetime so Wilson can continue to make the nation love him more and more.
    O-LineFan
    NET Rookie

Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:09 pm
  • I saw RG3 and Luck in a couple interviews yesterday, but yeah, NOTHING to the level we've seen Russell.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:14 pm
  • RG3 was on like half the commercials they showed during football season. Probably taking a break. Doesn't help that he's dealing with a horrible knee injury.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:37 pm
  • Whether they like it or not, the media knows that the Russell Wilson led Seahawks are going to be formidable in the playoffs and championships for years to come. Everyone loves a winner.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:41 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Wilson didn't win ROTY, but has anyone noticed that he is the one on all the shows, interviews, analysis view points etc.

Where is RGIII? Where is Luck? Where is Tannahill?, Where is Weedon?

Is it because he is smoother on camera, looks better on camera, more articulate, or smarter and has better football IQ or all the above ?

Just a thought really but when the whole media circuit seems to want your guy that pretty much sends a statement to what value you have. Endorsements, merchandise and all else is sure to follow. The Seahawks with Sherman and Wilson should spike really high in jersey requests next year versus the rest of the league in improved sales.

I believe Russell Wilson got a degree in communications. Plus he plans on being on NFL shows after he retires. Which also means he will have multiple Super Bowl titles to his name. Everyone will ask for his opinion on things.

Pick the score, Seahawks edition - 1st Season
    http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=96154

"Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    -DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Augusta, GA (Road Hawk)

Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:50 pm
  • Thats not why he's on all these shows, he performed better then any QB at the end of the season, he lit up the pro bowl.

If he was such a communications major you would have thought his season long interviews would be more then cliche's. He's invited because the NFL see's the future of the league in him, they see a marketable commodity. You don't get asked to do all those interviews typically if your not. Flacco just won a Superbowl but doesn't have that IT factor that translates everywhere. Call it charisma if you will. But leadership and charisma is Joe Namath type star power.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:59 pm
  • As long as his prowess wins us a super bowl, I'll be satisfied and praise him forever. The guy is impossible not to like, very different from Kaepernick.

Pick the score, Seahawks edition - 1st Season
    http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=96154

"Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    -DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Augusta, GA (Road Hawk)

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:04 pm
  • The best part is that the country recognizes a player who isn't just incredible on the field but off as well. This kid's character is off the charts. It's refreshing to see athletes gain popularity not just because of their performance but for the human's they are. I realize not every 12-year-old kid with his jersey is going to give a rip about his character, but it counts. Trust me, it counts.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:07 pm
  • Some guys have no interest in football the day the season ends. They hit the buffet circuit and golf course and avoid football until the day they have to show up. Russell Wilson's pre-season started a couple of weeks ago. This is part of his genius. He's working the room, scouting things out, talking to everybody, working as an ambassador of the team and keeping his mindset where it should be... on football. It's his job. He's already got a media job of some sort lined up for the day he leaves the sport and he's only played in 18 games. Pretty brilliant kid.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:09 pm
  • RG3 is in intensive care and Andrew Luck is a mega-goober that isn't particularly made for television.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:13 pm
  • O-LineFan wrote:I don't recall where I saw it, but I swear that I read something about RG3 saying that he isn't going to attend the Superbowl until he's actually in it.

Pretty cool reason, but after winning ROTY I would have assumed that he would be more present. Oh well, more facetime so Wilson can continue to make the nation love him more and more.

I guess he doesn't want to attend the superbowl 'til after he retires cause Russell Wilson will be the only QB representing the NFC until about 2035.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:19 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:I ordered a new Wilson jersey for my 85 year old mom who absolutely LOVES him, enough said. She calls him "our little quarterback".....I LOVE it.

That is awesome! I hope when I'm 85 my kid buys me a retro Wilson jersey :D
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:25 pm
  • SharkHawk wrote:Some guys have no interest in football the day the season ends. They hit the buffet circuit and golf course and avoid football until the day they have to show up. Russell Wilson's pre-season started a couple of weeks ago. This is part of his genius. He's working the room, scouting things out, talking to everybody, working as an ambassador of the team and keeping his mindset where it should be... on football. It's his job. He's already got a media job of some sort lined up for the day he leaves the sport and he's only played in 18 games. Pretty brilliant kid.

NO doubt! :th2thumbs:

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:54 pm
  • SEVERAL RUSSELL WILSON SIGHTINGS THIS WEEKEND. CAPS FOR EMPHASIS
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:57 pm
  • SEVERAL RUSSELL WILSON SIGHTINGS THIS WEEKEND. CAPS FOR EMPHASIS
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:00 pm
  • Aros wrote:
    SharkHawk wrote:Some guys have no interest in football the day the season ends. They hit the buffet circuit and golf course and avoid football until the day they have to show up. Russell Wilson's pre-season started a couple of weeks ago. This is part of his genius. He's working the room, scouting things out, talking to everybody, working as an ambassador of the team and keeping his mindset where it should be... on football. It's his job. He's already got a media job of some sort lined up for the day he leaves the sport and he's only played in 18 games. Pretty brilliant kid.

NO doubt! :th2thumbs:

Todd, it genuinely makes me happy for YOU specifically that we now have our franchise QB and a guy that is on par with Alvin Davis/Griffey Jr./Edgar, Gary Payton/Kemp/Sikma/Lenny Wilkens, Largent/Big Walt in being "the guy" that everybody in the nation knows is "Seattle" as Mr. Mariner or Mr. Sonic or Mr. Seahawk, but he's a beloved and intelligent face of the franchise and on track to be one of the best at that. I know you built this site with the dream of one day having a team that everybody would see your love for in the work you did to build the amazing graphics and forums and so on.

Now that the team is HERE and the time is NOW, and there is a face behind the franchise that is the new "Mr. Seahawk", I just know you are full of pride and glowing blue and green (in a good way!). So, kudos to you, and your happiness and enthusiasm for your many many years of hard work and putting the Hawks out there to the public is being paid back. I know the wait has been a long time, but I have a feeling that 52 weeks or so from now it's all going to be even more worth it. Good work brother. I'm proud of you and what you've done and others have carried on. You, Mark and the rest have earned it and then some.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:19 pm
  • SharkHawk wrote:Todd, it genuinely makes me happy for YOU specifically that we now have our franchise QB and a guy that is on par with Alvin Davis/Griffey Jr./Edgar, Gary Payton/Kemp/Sikma/Lenny Wilkens, Largent/Big Walt in being "the guy" that everybody in the nation knows is "Seattle" as Mr. Mariner or Mr. Sonic or Mr. Seahawk, but he's a beloved and intelligent face of the franchise and on track to be one of the best at that. I know you built this site with the dream of one day having a team that everybody would see your love for in the work you did to build the amazing graphics and forums and so on.

Now that the team is HERE and the time is NOW, and there is a face behind the franchise that is the new "Mr. Seahawk", I just know you are full of pride and glowing blue and green (in a good way!). So, kudos to you, and your happiness and enthusiasm for your many many years of hard work and putting the Hawks out there to the public is being paid back. I know the wait has been a long time, but I have a feeling that 52 weeks or so from now it's all going to be even more worth it. Good work brother. I'm proud of you and what you've done and others have carried on. You, Mark and the rest have earned it and then some.

What a wonderful post, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I may have been the catalyst, but what this website has become is purely on the hundreds if not thousands over the past 15 years who have made this place a stopping point. Thank you for acknowledging my efforts but it's truly the community that makes this place so special.

Except for Absolute...He's just weird.

:)

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:31 pm
  • Rat wrote:RG3 was on like half the commercials they showed during football season. Probably taking a break. Doesn't help that he's dealing with a horrible knee injury.

Yeah, poor guy put on the smiley face at the awards last night, what a trooper.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:33 am
  • pinksheets wrote:RG3 is in intensive care and Andrew Luck is a mega-goober that isn't particularly made for television.

Haha! Luck, the UberGoober! I like it!
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:42 am
  • Russell is straight up corporate pimpin'. IMO, Allen is giving him the benefit of lots of corporate connections at MSoft.

Go Hawks.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:55 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information