NBA returning to Seattle?

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:52 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:They said the same thing when Balmer made a late entry here also if you remember correctly. It didn't stop anything.

That was because the state legislature wouldn't push his Key Arena renovation plan through, they killed that deal with the quickness.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:53 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:http://www.sacbee.com/2013/01/12/5109940/group-plans-to-buy-kings-and-build.html

welp...

And that folks is probably that............I knew we were probably gonna get burned, can't believe this.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:56 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:They said the same thing when Balmer made a late entry here also if you remember correctly. It didn't stop anything.

That was because the state legislature wouldn't push his Key Arena renovation plan through, they killed that deal with the quickness.

It's because the City passed the buck to the state, it wasn't a state issue it was the cities responsiblity and council. They were getting heat and trying to save face at this point, they were also m,aking deals with Bennett for their 45 million kick back after they knew he was leaving and they could not stop it.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:01 pm
  • California is broke. Anybody really think the taxpayers are going to foot the bill for a arena and to buy a team ? Just relax, it's all posturing. They know the Seattle group has deep pockets and are trying to play them to get some more $$. This group would have showed up a long time ago they still have Arco arena to deal with and where is the cash for that coming from?
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:13 pm
  • Happypuppy wrote:California is broke. Anybody really think the taxpayers are going to foot the bill for a arena and to buy a team ? Just relax, it's all posturing. They know the Seattle group has deep pockets and are trying to play them to get some more $$. This group would have showed up a long time ago they still have Arco arena to deal with and where is the cash for that coming from?

Well from the article that throw posted, the arena from the Sac group would be privately funded by those involved in the purchase of the team.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:22 pm
  • Blitzer88 wrote:
    Happypuppy wrote:California is broke. Anybody really think the taxpayers are going to foot the bill for a arena and to buy a team ? Just relax, it's all posturing. They know the Seattle group has deep pockets and are trying to play them to get some more $$. This group would have showed up a long time ago they still have Arco arena to deal with and where is the cash for that coming from?

Well from the article that throw posted, the arena from the Sac group would be privately funded by those involved in the purchase of the team.

So where were this investors a few months ago when it was all the talk? Johnson said he was going to hunt up investors and boom out of nowhere there are some. a few months ago they could not get buyers or a group that wanted a Arena. Things can change but a buyer for the team and willing to build an arena in a weeks time when they tried for months before. There has been no information on how much the Maloofs would be involved either.

Again sounds like a tactic that is maybes what ifs and stuff until one of those groups makes a conference and appearence.

.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:00 pm
  • I'm not giving up hope, but I can't begrudge Sactown's attempts to keep their team. If they can pull it together, they deserve to. Imagine if we had a mayor like KJ when crap was hitting the fan.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:52 pm
  • I think this team's coming to Seattle when it's all said and done.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:26 am
  • pinksheets wrote:I'm not giving up hope, but I can't begrudge Sactown's attempts to keep their team. If they can pull it together, they deserve to. Imagine if we had a mayor like KJ when crap was hitting the fan.

Man... I wish we did! Instead we had that fat slob who pretty much rolled over when the team was purchased.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:40 am
  • Throwdown wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:I'm not giving up hope, but I can't begrudge Sactown's attempts to keep their team. If they can pull it together, they deserve to. Imagine if we had a mayor like KJ when crap was hitting the fan.

Man... I wish we did! Instead we had that fat slob who pretty much rolled over when the team was purchased.

Well I guess there was a reason he had body gaurds then, seen him at the Weston downtown not long afterwards. Wonder how much that cost the city. I didn't think most Mayors had a contingent of them.

chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:29 am
  • Sac buyers will be given a chance to match. NBA also has to approve. Stern has said he doesnt want to take the NBA away from Sac.

This deal is far from done. The Maloofs are going broke, and are probably just using Seattle to milk a higher bid out of local buyers.
    Seahawks99
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:51 am
  • Just gonna leave this here.

@ChrisDaniels5
    Longtime NBA writer @aldridgetnt says Industry source says Hansen's "...got a clear path" to bring Kings-to-#Seattle:

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/features/d ... f:nbahpt6f
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:19 am

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:57 am
  • What pisses me off is that the Times and the Tribune are posting front-page stories based on these stupid little tweets. Don't major news outlets corroborate sources anymore, or is that something we just don't do in the twentyfirst century. In the old days, you don't run a story unless the "league source" has confirmation by another source. It's the newspapers that are jerking us around.
    SEAHAWKS SHOULD TRADE TERRELLE PRYOR TO RAMS
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/08/27/ ... -the-rams/
    Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:00 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Just gonna leave this here.

@ChrisDaniels5
    Longtime NBA writer @aldridgetnt says Industry source says Hansen's "...got a clear path" to bring Kings-to-#Seattle:

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/features/d ... f:nbahpt6f

Man...please let this get done with as soon as possible! I hate being on this dang roller-coaster ride!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:45 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Rollercoaster moving up...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nba-r ... 16508.html

Now watch in a few hours, the rollercoaster will drop again.

$525 Mil for 65% ownership? You would have thought we were talking 100% but I guess the minority owners don't want to sell their interest? Or did I miss something in Wojo's report?
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:57 pm
  • Warning to Sac fans:

pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:23 pm
  • drdiags wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:Rollercoaster moving up...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nba-r ... 16508.html

Now watch in a few hours, the rollercoaster will drop again.

$525 Mil for 65% ownership? You would have thought we were talking 100% but I guess the minority owners don't want to sell their interest? Or did I miss something in Wojo's report?

It was my understanding that the team is valued at 525 total and Hanson will be purchasing 65 pct of that.
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:25 pm

Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:40 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:Warning to Sac fans:

Cannot believe they made an hour youtube out of that loop. People are special.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:15 pm
  • "Because Chris Hansen, the venture capital magnate who is seeking to buy the Kings and move them north, is close to Portland Trail Blazers owner Paul Allen and the ownership group of the NFL's Seattle Seahawks, it's been believed in Seattle that Hansen wanted to wait until the Seahawks' season ended before going forward with making his pursuit of the Kings public, so as to not upstage the football team. With the Seahawks' last-second loss Sunday in Atlanta, the time may have come."

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/features/d ... f:nbahpt6e
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:17 pm
  • didnt even know hansen was buds with Paul Allen. Makes it that much sweeter
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:20 pm
  • If there's any truth to that, let's hope the announcement comes soon. I could use some good news right about now
    slipwax
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:59 pm
  • Pstark3 wrote:"Because Chris Hansen, the venture capital magnate who is seeking to buy the Kings and move them north, is close to Portland Trail Blazers owner Paul Allen and the ownership group of the NFL's Seattle Seahawks, it's been believed in Seattle that Hansen wanted to wait until the Seahawks' season ended before going forward with making his pursuit of the Kings public, so as to not upstage the football team. With the Seahawks' last-second loss Sunday in Atlanta, the time may have come."

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/features/d ... f:nbahpt6e

If thats true that pretty cool. I love Hansen.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:59 am

Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:03 am
  • 6 Weeks? to get that all together? Big task, wish we had KJ in 2008.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:06 am
  • Throwdown wrote:6 Weeks? to get that all together? Big task, wish we had KJ in 2008.

Guess we won't hear a decision for 6 weeks than...........
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:15 am
  • May, or may not. It could all fall apart for either side pretty quickly.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:06 pm
  • Blitzer88 wrote:http://www.king5.com/news/cities/seattle/Sacramento-mayor-to-present-counteroffer-for-Kings-186984201.html

And the roller-coaster ride continues.

Don't sweat it. Too little too late. Sac has no arena, no billionaires.
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:10 pm

Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:34 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:6 Weeks? to get that all together? Big task, wish we had KJ in 2008.

They're lucky they have a mayor fighting like a crazed viking for them.
    As a musician and audio quality champion, Neil Young said in 2012, “Steve Jobs was a pioneer of digital music. But when he went home, he listened to vinyl.”
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:02 pm
  • Doesn't do the NBA any harm in letting Sacramento try to save their team. Plus, with the Seattle group having to provide assurances that the arena will be built with two actions yet to be determined, not sure how they can accomplish that to the NBA's satisfaction? Who knows how a lawsuit will go and the Environmental impact statement could have some wrenches to throw into the works.

Sure sounds like Johnson has a fighting chance. Plus being able to bypass the owner to show the NBA the plan keeps emotions from getting into the works. If I am a Kings fan, I am more hopeful than I was as a Sonics fan with Mayor McCheese and his band of dunderheads.
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:12 pm
  • And the plot thickens...

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2020139304_arenalawsuitxml.html

A second lawsuit has been filed to block the city of Seattle and King County from carrying out a plan with the Chris Hansen-led investor group to help finance a $490 million Sodo sports arena.
    ----------------------------
    "Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan
    JOz56
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:29 pm

Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:42 pm
  • I thought that the current MOU was I-91 compliant? Thats why this is more funny to me than anything.
    ----------------------------
    "Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan
    JOz56
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:53 pm
  • It's is, just the Mariners, the port, and "the citizens with nothing better to do", trying to derail this, something they will all fail miserably at!
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:05 pm
  • Hmm notice the timing of this, just at the point in the negotiations where the NBA will start looking at the fall out and benefits of pushing the Seattle proposal of Hansens and the Sacramento investor group thats coming together.

Sounds like the Mariners want to squash this badly before it gets more media attention and derails the spring traing hoopla. Fear of being upstaged already before the team is even here let alone next season if the deal is approved.

This suit was filed by the I 91 guy it says but Port authority is involved and who's backing them? Mariners.

chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:30 pm
  • The Mariners mostly Howard Lincoln is the one's trying to stop this. They don't want more competition for the sports dollar. If two more teams are there to compete with, it means if the M's want to compete locally against successful teams in their own market then they will have to spend the necessary dollars to compete in their division instead of the bargain basement teams they've been trotting out there of late. That is something that Montgomery Burns I mean Lincoln doesn't want to do. Howard is too stupid to see the horrible and permanent PR damage he is doing to the team he runs.
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:58 am
  • There has to be a viable plan for a new arena for the NBA to approve the move. That's what these asswipes are trying to do - throw up a tangle of legal technicalities to hinder the Sonics coming back any way they can.
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:02 pm
  • KING 5 News ‏@KING5Seattle

RT @ChrisDaniels5: BREAKING: Source tells me deal on Kings-to-#Seattle to be announced soon, perhaps as early as Monday/Tuesday. #NBA
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:06 pm
  • Please be true. My heart and emotions can't take it.
    Skittles - The candy of champions.
    Seahawksfan425
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:11 pm
  • KING 5 News ‏@KING5Seattle

RT @chrisdaniels5: MT @ESPNSteinLine: Maloofs have struck deal to sell 65 % of Kings to Hansen group in Seattle for $525m, sources say
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:12 pm
  • wait... only 65 percent?
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    U MAD BRAH?
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:26 pm
  • Wow. 525m for 65%? Hansen is not bargain shopping.

If this is true, it's awesome news for us. I can't help but feel bad for the Sacramento fans, though. Nobody deserves an owner like the Maloofs.
    Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:34 pm
  • Holy crap, if this is true itmakes this crappy day, Niners going to the Superbowl, a bit better!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:59 pm
  • Peter Vecsey ‏@PeterVecsey1
    Source says almost living lock Phil Jackson will become front office face of Seattle-bound Kings' franchise. Won't coach. Will mentor choice

Can't vouch for the validity of that tweet, but DAYUM! Make it so.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:59 pm

Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:02 pm
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    Peter Vecsey ‏@PeterVecsey1
    Source says almost living lock Phil Jackson will become front office face of Seattle-bound Kings' franchise. Won't coach. Will mentor choice

Can't vouch for the validity of that tweet, but DAYUM! Make it so.

This would be so awesome!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:04 pm
  • What does "almost living lock" mean? Is Phil now some undead guy or Demi-god? Come on Mr. Fancy Author dude, tell me what that means. ...smile....
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:10 pm
  • drdiags wrote:What does "almost living lock" mean? Is Phil now some undead guy or Demi-god? Come on Mr. Fancy Author dude, tell me what that means. ...smile....

No idea, mate. Wondered that myself. Just quoting the tweet verbatim. My guess is the intent was something along the lines of "almost a living legend HOF lock". But still! That would be awesome news.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

PreviousNext

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:24 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information