Seahawks working out kickers

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
HawksSoc":v9qmd3pu said:
I want no part of anyone who lost a position battle to Billy Cundiff near this team!

Anyone who is out there right now is out there cause they are inaccurate. If they were accurate they would be employed right now.

Pat Kirwin basically had a good take on it today. He says bring in a few guys and work em out. Whoever has the strongest leg you keep and use him for kickoffs and long field goals, saving houshka for close ones.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Longwell is accurate, Rackers has a leg and a half.

Would be fine with either guy really

Sturm

Reaction score
I really hope that if we win next week, the winning points are scored by one of the guys that's been on the team since day 1 and not some last minute free agent pickup.

bigdaddydave

Reaction score
HawksSoc":ykpcpfud said:
I want no part of anyone who lost a position battle to Billy Cundiff near this team!

HAHAHAHAHA.... How true! I was just about to post something similar to this!

ceej22

Reaction score
hawksfan515":23grcr8x said:
Crap, that indicates Haushka's injury is worse than it appeared......

Not necessarily. Could simply mean they plan on bringing a second kicker in case it doesn't heal as expected or if he re-injures it during the game.

Rufus

Reaction score
BRING. BACK. EFREN!

Efren Herrera is not only a Seahawks legend, but he has big game experience in Atlanta! Check it out at :30 ...

[youtube]IQf1rhAE_34[/youtube]

nwHawk

Reaction score
Bring back Carson Wiggs. Thought he looked decent in Pre-season.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Rackers has missed 5 of 14 attempts in the playoffs...no thanks
Longwell has missed 5 of 23 attempts in the playoffs..a much better statistic. He can't kick them from quite as far but I would say his leg would be similar to Hausch..He's only two years removed from going 17 of 18 in the regular season and 3 years removed from 26 out of 28..

I wish Chicago hadn't nabbed Mare due to Gould's injury.

HawkHack

Reaction score
I wonder if Ryan can hit FGs under 30 yards. He was actually quite serviceable on kickoffs in the Redskin game.

Of course, we'd need a new holder ... Flynn! Then, suddenly, we have a truly awesome fake FG set up. That alone would probably keep the Falcons from overloading the line against an inexperienced kicker.

And for anything over 30 yards, just GO FOR IT on 4th down.

I don't understand why I've never been hired as a head coach.