Seahawks working out kickers

iigakusei

Reaction score
Seahawks will work out free agent kickers Ryan Longwell and Neil Rackers this week.
Longwell, 38, has generated zero interest since being released by the Vikings in May after he made 22-of-28 attempts in 2011. Rackers, 36, lost the Redskins training camp battle to Billy Cundiff this season and hasn't played in 2012. Other kickers are expected to join the two in Seattle. Steven Hauschka is dealing with a calf injury.

Rotoworld

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Longwell has playoff experience, Rackers has beat us a few times with the Cards....

grizbob

Reaction score
Gotta love a kicker with the name Longwell :mrgreen:

potatohead

Reaction score
Please not Neil Rackers that guys mannerisms drive me crazy :179422:

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Im all for Longwell .

i know im getting WAY ahead of myself here but he has Lambaeu Field experience.

SE174

Reaction score
DYLcurry59":3r3qps17 said:
Bring back Brandon Coutu!
That's his name. I was hoping Holmgren stuck with him instead of Olindo Mare.

Zowert

Reaction score
Whoever they sign, it should work out to be a million dollar bonus IF they end up in a game winning field goal situation and they're successful. That will make sure they make a 48 yarder with the game on the line. Otherwise, what benefit is it to them? They have no emotional ties to the team like Hauschka does, who has been with the team through the long hall.

Rat

Reaction score
Looks like they want a guy with experience, which I guess is good. No to Longwell though. Based on what I saw from him his last two seasons, I think Chad Pennington can throw the ball further than Longwell can kick it.

themunn

Reaction score
Zowert":j1krgkf8 said:
Whoever they sign, it should work out to be a million dollar bonus IF they end up in a game winning field goal situation and they're successful. That will make sure they make a 48 yarder with the game on the line. Otherwise, what benefit is it to them? They have no emotional ties to the team like Hauschka does, who has been with the team through the long hall.

a superbowl ring?

HawksSoc

Reaction score
I want no part of anyone who lost a position battle to Billy Cundiff near this team!