Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: It's on like Donkey Kong; 'Skins DT calls Sherman a cheater
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:37 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:16 am
Posts: 370
Location: Buckeystown, MD
SharkHawk wrote:
Sherman had an INT where he made a better catch than any receiver I've ever seen. Extended out to about 10 feet and on his absolute tiptoes. I still don't know where he came from and how he got to that ball and caught it. It was amazing.

The play last week where he just baited Bradford all game and snuck in from nowhere to steal an INT and win the game was pretty cool too. He seems to come up with some pretty amazing plays that just make you go "WOW!", but the thing is that he doesn't get many opportunities. They are trying to stay away from him, but he is still quick and smart enough to get there and get involved.


Nice. Do you think he could have made it as an NFL receiver as well? Another thing about Darrell - was in his older years he basically tutored Champ Bailey on how to prepare, be a professional, and maximize his talent. While Champ left here with no loved lost for Snyder and the organization, he credits Darrell Green for being a great mentor when he came into the league. Alot of players would have too much ego to help someone learn all of your tricks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: It's on like Donkey Kong; 'Skins DT calls Sherman a cheater
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:43 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9135
Location: Renton Wa.
Before his injury at Stanford he was ahead of Doug Baldwin on the depth chart if thats any indication.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: It's on like Donkey Kong; 'Skins DT calls Sherman a cheater
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:45 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:48 am
Posts: 605
The moment I knew Sherman was for real was after the Cincinnati game last year. We lost, but he made AJ Green look like the 5th rounder and he was the top 10 pick. He went into the game calling Green "bad routes and inconsistency" and then backed it up. He ran a route for AJ and turned him into the CB while Sherman made the catch for an INT. We lost that game, sure, but that's where I was sold on Sherman.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: It's on like Donkey Kong; 'Skins DT calls Sherman a cheater
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:46 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22602
Location: Kirkland, WA
RiggoReincarnated wrote:
You guys act lie Sherman = Revis. Unbeatable. Do you really believe he can't be caught on or beaten?


How do you think an NFL market that no one cares about gets a good number of mainstream media pundits/analysts/writers to say Sherman's probably the best CB in the league? He hasn't even played two full seasons yet, either.

Just food for thought.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: It's on like Donkey Kong; 'Skins DT calls Sherman a cheater
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:47 am 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
Yes, I'm 100% certain he could have made it as an NFL receiver if Harbaugh wasn't such an assclown. I think he'll get offensive snaps next year if all goes as planned. He is built almost exactly like Sidney Rice who is a pretty decent WR. He is 6'3", quick, has great hands and knows how to get to the ball. I think if he had just continued on his track he would have been at least a 3rd rounder as a WR, especially with Luck throwing to him and helping his status grow.

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: It's on like Donkey Kong; 'Skins DT calls Sherman a cheater
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:51 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:48 am
Posts: 605
SharkHawk wrote:
Yes, I'm 100% certain he could have made it as an NFL receiver if Harbaugh wasn't such an assclown. I think he'll get offensive snaps next year if all goes as planned. He is built almost exactly like Sidney Rice who is a pretty decent WR. He is 6'3", quick, has great hands and knows how to get to the ball. I think if he had just continued on his track he would have been at least a 3rd rounder as a WR, especially with Luck throwing to him and helping his status grow.


Could you imagine Stanford's offense if they had Sherman out there paired w/ Owusu, rather than having to throw 80% of their passes to TEs... They could have been scary good if Harbaugh knew how to get out of his own way...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: It's on like Donkey Kong; 'Skins DT calls Sherman a cheater
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:54 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:48 am
Posts: 605
Image

This is the play where I fell in love with Richard Sherman


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: It's on like Donkey Kong; 'Skins DT calls Sherman a cheater
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:08 am 
NET Rookie
Online

Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:54 pm
Posts: 184
RiggoReincarnated wrote:
drdiags wrote:
RiggoReincarnated wrote:
Well, its true. lol


How is he a cheat? Unless benefit of a doubt no longer exists in this country. We can surmise he lucked out on the leaky cup/chain of evidence thing or we can choose to take him at his word that he didn't take the PEDs and his sample was tainted.

Being the skeptics that we all tend to be, lucking out on the results is what most want to believe but until he gets suspended for this one would have to put "suspected" in front of calling the man a cheat.

Riggo, I thought you were a decent guy but this time around is leading me to think you are not what I thought. Continue with your fun and after Sunday, see you down the road.


Being a decent person doesn't mean I have to like all your players or even respect them. Did you think OJ was guilty? I did. Do I think Sherman used something? Yes. He got off on a technicality...good for him and the Seahawks. In retrospect I should have said "probably" before true.

I know we've had people suspended for pot (T. Willliams, F. Davis), and Adderall (C. Griffin, Jordan Black), and our strong safety who was pegged to start is suspended for the whole season. So I'm not acting like we are saints here. I just think Sherman is very lucky...and hopefully for you guys he really is clean because you know Goddell will be going after him after his appeal being victorious.


Um, no. A "technicality" would be if the tester put down the wrong date or didn't initialize everyhwhere he was supposed to. A compromised test isn't a "technicality", not's not a valid test at all, end of story. And Sherman maintained his innocence all along, so I tire of people saying he was lying the whole time and got off on a technicality. He got off because a valid test was never conducted. I don't see how you can declare someone guilty when they haven't been tested.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: It's on like Donkey Kong; 'Skins DT calls Sherman a cheater
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:14 am 
NET Rookie
Online

Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:54 pm
Posts: 184
Navyhawkfan187 wrote:
SharkHawk wrote:
Yes, I'm 100% certain he could have made it as an NFL receiver if Harbaugh wasn't such an assclown. I think he'll get offensive snaps next year if all goes as planned. He is built almost exactly like Sidney Rice who is a pretty decent WR. He is 6'3", quick, has great hands and knows how to get to the ball. I think if he had just continued on his track he would have been at least a 3rd rounder as a WR, especially with Luck throwing to him and helping his status grow.


Could you imagine Stanford's offense if they had Sherman out there paired w/ Owusu, rather than having to throw 80% of their passes to TEs... They could have been scary good if Harbaugh knew how to get out of his own way...


Stanford actually had lots of good receivers while Sherman was there (first Bradford, then Owusu, Baldwin, Whalen). Only after he left did they have to start relying on tight ends. That was because he left at the same time that Baldwin and Whalen did, leaving just Owusu, who when on to suffer frequent injuries due to helmet-to-helmet blows, and Stanford's younger wide-outs didn't rise to the level of their predecessors. On the other hand, Stanford was indeed weak at CB, so while the circumstances of Sherman switching to CB were lame, the outcome actually was good for the team (and Sherman himself, ultimately).


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: It's on like Donkey Kong; 'Skins DT calls Sherman a cheater
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:09 am 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
True, but on the point of if he was an NFL quality receiver, I think you have to say yes, because he's outplaying almost every NFL receiver he's ever faced. He knows how to run routes, he knows how to get to the ball, he's got the size/speed combo, etc. He is an NFL player and that says a lot. Baldwin's size hurt his draft status, and then the 49ers aren't picking him and teams are wondering what's wrong. Sherman was a great enough athlete with 1 year at a position to get drafted. If he had been playing all along he would have been drafted as a WR earlier I think. Harbaugh was mad that he took a redshirt. Just shows what a selfish dong he is. Richard is too smart for his own good sometimes. Made sure he got his education paid for. What a loon right? /sarcasm off

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: It's on like Donkey Kong; 'Skins DT calls Sherman a cheater
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:32 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:16 am
Posts: 370
Location: Buckeystown, MD
SharkHawk wrote:
True, but on the point of if he was an NFL quality receiver, I think you have to say yes, because he's outplaying almost every NFL receiver he's ever faced. He knows how to run routes, he knows how to get to the ball, he's got the size/speed combo, etc. He is an NFL player and that says a lot. Baldwin's size hurt his draft status, and then the 49ers aren't picking him and teams are wondering what's wrong. Sherman was a great enough athlete with 1 year at a position to get drafted. If he had been playing all along he would have been drafted as a WR earlier I think. Harbaugh was mad that he took a redshirt. Just shows what a selfish dong he is. Richard is too smart for his own good sometimes. Made sure he got his education paid for. What a loon right? /sarcasm off


That's really interesting...do you think the paradigm may shift towards taller DBs in the draft now? I wonder if that will then cause people to choose WRs differently...and have more shorter shiftier types to try to combat the physical advantage of the taller DBs. Or will we see more WRs built like TEs to try to be able to box out people like Sherman on passes.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: It's on like Donkey Kong; 'Skins DT calls Sherman a cheater
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:43 am 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
Most teams don't use their DB's like Seattle is. Seattle also is in a unique situation in their division with the receivers they have to face. When you have 6 games against teams with bigger receivers, then it helps to have big DB's. As time has gone on the Cards have gotten rid of Bolden, are only using Fitz, the Rams receiving corps has gone small with Amendola now, and the 49ers have Crabtree and Moss, but I don't see Moss sticking around.

I think more teams will see the benefit of having a tall and strong CB, but most teams get by just fine with the shorter dudes. The Hawks have the benefit of having Earl Thomas who is the size of a typical corner playing CF and roaming side to side playing safety. Kam Chancellor is built like a LBer. It is a weird system. The corners play man, and everybody else typically plays a zone.

As for NFL teams going after big CB's.... I don't think there are that many typically available. The big guys tend to be slower and not be NFL players (like Browner was initially, he was a great college CB, but was told he was too big and slow, but played great in the CFL and got his chance and excelled). Sherman was a strange situation as has been covered.

The last really big CB I can recall that made a big impact and was supposedly going to change how teams were going to approach things and how they were going to go after big CB's was Bobby Taylor. He was a great CB, and shut down the likes of Michael Irvin and a few others in his days with the Eagles, and then his career ended early due to injury, and we were back to 5-8 - 5-10 DB's again.

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: It's on like Donkey Kong; 'Skins DT calls Sherman a cheater
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:49 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10040
RiggoReincarnated wrote:
SharkHawk wrote:
True, but on the point of if he was an NFL quality receiver, I think you have to say yes, because he's outplaying almost every NFL receiver he's ever faced. He knows how to run routes, he knows how to get to the ball, he's got the size/speed combo, etc. He is an NFL player and that says a lot. Baldwin's size hurt his draft status, and then the 49ers aren't picking him and teams are wondering what's wrong. Sherman was a great enough athlete with 1 year at a position to get drafted. If he had been playing all along he would have been drafted as a WR earlier I think. Harbaugh was mad that he took a redshirt. Just shows what a selfish dong he is. Richard is too smart for his own good sometimes. Made sure he got his education paid for. What a loon right? /sarcasm off


That's really interesting...do you think the paradigm may shift towards taller DBs in the draft now? I wonder if that will then cause people to choose WRs differently...and have more shorter shiftier types to try to combat the physical advantage of the taller DBs. Or will we see more WRs built like TEs to try to be able to box out people like Sherman on passes.

Shark said it pretty well, but going big at CB will become a trend, but not everywhere. Big corners mean more press, and not every scheme favors that.
Put our guys in a tampa-2, and watch them fail. They have to be in a scheme that emphasizes taking away inside leverage and allows them to make QBs go over their length to the sidelines, a more difficult throw. Once QBs start trying to paint the sidelines, we have won.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: It's on like Donkey Kong; 'Skins DT calls Sherman a cheater
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:41 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:48 pm
Posts: 387
I liked playing Donkey Kong, I miss the old video arcade days


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: It's on like Donkey Kong; 'Skins DT calls Sherman a cheater
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:38 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm
Posts: 2260
SharkHawk wrote:
Sherman had an INT where he made a better catch than any receiver I've ever seen. Extended out to about 10 feet and on his absolute tiptoes. I still don't know where he came from and how he got to that ball and caught it. It was amazing.


Oh absolutely that is one of, if not THE best interception I've ever seen.
It was the first game against Arizona this season, and Skelton, under pressure threw the ball out of bounds and Sherman came up with it. I think everyone watching the game at first thought "incomplete pass... wait interception WHAT!?"


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 253hawk, akula, Ballz, bandiger, Bill Assumpcao, BirdsCommaAngry, BobcatHawk, brettb3, dbmack, dradee, Escamillo, Floridahawk79, Gcheck2181, Geezerhawk, getnasty, godzillarad, Google [Bot], Hasselbeck, hawker84, Hawk_Nation, HHHTGT, InadvertentSmell, irocdave, Jazzhawk, jeremiah, JMR, JZ#1, kamikazehawk, kearly, keatonisballin, kf3339, Maelstrom787, Majestic-12 [Bot], McGruff, misfit, Missing_Clink, Morpheus08, NoTurnUnstoned, okhawkfan, onanygivensunday, Onyx, Pandion Haliaetus, PascoHawk, PlinytheCenter, rickychen, rideaducati, RolandDeschain, ruffENrowdy, samwize77, scutterhawk, Seabean, Seahawks4life, seahawksny, Seahwkgal, SHOCKER315, the ditch, theENGLISHseahawk, Tokadub, Top, usChawks, VancitySeahawk, Whiskeyjack44, Yahoo [Bot], YaktownHawK, Yoonhawk, Yxes1122, Ziggyy108 and 266 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.