Redskin Fan's POV

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Redskin Fan's POV
Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:42 pm
  • RiggoReincarnated wrote:I got banned from ES years ago when I posed the question of how Snyder keeps his woman satisfied and whether he and Vinny Cerrato were secret lovers.

You have to remember, ExtremeSkins is sponsored by the franchise and hence any comments critical of ownership or critical of the franchise are snuffed out. One thing that really put me off.

Holy shit. I get it now.
    Dan Snyder is not one to tolerate criticism.
    Thank you for the info.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:16 pm
  • Trenchbroom wrote:...but I would expect better from the Washington Post.

Why?
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:24 pm
  • burggold75 wrote:But i will say what made me say that...when seahawk fans state they have made the playoffs like 7 or 8 times in the 2000s when the cards, rams, and 49ers were god awful...

to their credit, they constantly have to defend the strength of the NFC west..which is hard

Fortunately, the days of having to defend the NFCW are over, at least for now.

I remember discussions some time in 2007 with NFCE fans, who continually made fun of the Seahawks because of the NFCW. My response was: say what you want about the NFCW, but the Seahawks have defeated every team in the NFCE the last two times we played each team. (At the time, it was true.) They didn't believe me until one of them looked it up.

It was a pretty good "derp" moment.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:24 pm
  • As a 40 year plus Skins fan I recognize and respect the passion u guys have for the Seahawks. May the best team win.........Here is what I see as the advantages we have going into Sunday;
    1. Home field and the related east-west travel the Hawks have to endure. I know your stadium is probably the loudest in the league, we hope to give u a dose of your own medicine!
    2. Our running game. Seeings how other than Garçon our receivers are rather pedestrian and u have a lot of tall ball hawking db's we will need to turn Morris loose like last week. Seahawks defense gives up well over 4 yards a carry.
    3. RGlll......simply put he is a natural born leader of men and inspires greatness. Add that to immence pysical talent and u have a once in a generation player. Wilson is an over-achiever. That doesn't mean he's not great, he is! He just ain't RGlll.
    4.The gold standard of fight songs...HTTR ! ( don't think this will do us a lot of good Sunday but hey we love our song! )

If you noticed I didn't list a lot of advantages! We're essentially scared s***less of the Seahawks diverse offense against our until very recently suspect D! I also fear a let down on our part after an emotional win over our hated rival.
    As I said, may the best team win.
    Fight 4 Old DC
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:34 pm
  • Fight 4 Old DC wrote:3. RGlll......simply put he is a natural born leader of men and inspires greatness. Add that to immence pysical talent and u have a once in a generation player. Wilson is an over-achiever. That doesn't mean he's not great, he is! He just ain't RGlll.

Wilson doesn't have the physical tools RGIII has, but you are sorely underestimating Wilson if you think he is any less a leader of men and inspirer of greatness than RGIII is.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:37 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    RiggoReincarnated wrote:I got banned from ES years ago when I posed the question of how Snyder keeps his woman satisfied and whether he and Vinny Cerrato were secret lovers.

You have to remember, ExtremeSkins is sponsored by the franchise and hence any comments critical of ownership or critical of the franchise are snuffed out. One thing that really put me off.

Holy shit. I get it now.
    Dan Snyder is not one to tolerate criticism.
    Thank you for the info.

I too got canned from the official Foreskins' forum...they should rename the team "The Thinskins."

DohBoy
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:05 am
  • Glad I checked back in on this thread. There ARE plenty of cool 'Skins fans after all. Glad y'all made it over to remind us that one message board does not a fanbase make.

Both these teams are rolling and our fans truly believe either team can go all the way. It really sucks that one of our seasons will be over in 4 days.
    SeahawksBMX
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:42 am
  • SeahawksBMX wrote:It really sucks that one of our seasons will be over in 4 days.

No, it doesn't. Welcome to the NFL playoffs. Every game is critical; I would not have it any other way.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:04 am
  • Fight 4 Old DC wrote:2. Our running game. Seeings how other than Garçon our receivers are rather pedestrian and u have a lot of tall ball hawking db's we will need to turn Morris loose like last week. Seahawks defense gives up well over 4 yards a carry.

There's no doubt that Morris is a huge threat, but don't let statistics fool you. While Seattle did allow 4.5 YPC over the entire year, there were only a handful of games that threw that average completely out of whack.

The @SF, MIN, @MIA, and @BUF games were where the Seahawks run D got gashed pretty significantly, which is out of character for the team, honestly. In those 4 games, opponents ran 108 times for 725 yards for a 6.7 YPC (and those were some pretty impressive run games, too... Peterson, Gore, Spiller). Those 725 yards represent nearly half (44%) of all yards gained on the ground against the Seahawks this season - in only 4 games.

In the other 12 games, teams rushed 260 times for 924 yards, which is a much more respectable 3.55 YPC, and more in line with the usual performance of the Seahawks run D. Our team has held our opponents under 100 yards rushing 11 times this year (btw, that's holding the entire opposing offense to under 100 yards rushing... not just one RB).

So the question becomes whether you think that Morris will be able to duplicate the performances seen in those 4 games versus putting up something closer to what was seen in the vast majority of Seattle games this year. And even then, of those 4 games where Seattle's run D did not perform up to their lofty standard, the Seahawks still won 2 of them (and possibly could have won 3 had the coaching staff not still had shackles on the offense).

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:19 am
  • GO HAWKS! Kill them Deadskins.
    Play like a Raven!
    baltimoreravens
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:20 am
  • baltimoreravens wrote:GO HAWKS! Kill them Deadskins.

Screw the Ravens. Go back to Cleveland and get out of Redskins territory.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:21 pm
  • baltimoreravens wrote:GO HAWKS! Kill them Deadskins.

This guy is still butthurt over that loss to us a few weeks back.
    SkinsFan46
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:36 pm
  • Most of my friends are nervous about this game just like any other playoff football game. But I told them that once Morris gets truckin', it's all good for Redskins Nation. I see us winning this game 20-16.
    'Fletch'
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:38 pm
  • Did I just see a Redskins fan say they actually LIKE the fight song?

Yeeeesh. If I were a Redskins fan, I would never admit that, and would never sing that song. Go look up the lyrics and the history of that song. They might as well have Aunt Jemima as a mascot, and sing a song about lynching slaves. That team, its fight song, its name and its mascot, are an embarrassment to the NFL.

I'm seriously amazed that Goodell hasn't stepped in and FORCED that crappy second-rate team to change its name and song lyrics. It was tasteless in the 50's and it's even worse now, in the 21st Century. The only saving grace is that the racism is so dated and tacky that it almost seems "antique" or something. You almost don't notice.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:22 pm
  • HansGruber wrote:Did I just see a Redskins fan say they actually LIKE the fight song?

Yeeeesh. If I were a Redskins fan, I would never admit that, and would never sing that song. Go look up the lyrics and the history of that song. They might as well have Aunt Jemima as a mascot, and sing a song about lynching slaves. That team, its fight song, its name and its mascot, are an embarrassment to the NFL.

I'm seriously amazed that Goodell hasn't stepped in and FORCED that crappy second-rate team to change its name and song lyrics. It was tasteless in the 50's and it's even worse now, in the 21st Century. The only saving grace is that the racism is so dated and tacky that it almost seems "antique" or something. You almost don't notice.

This is obviously smack talk, but yes, we love our fight song:

"Hail to the Redskins
    Hail Vic-Tory
    Braves on the Warpath, Fight for old DC!
    Run or pass or score we want a lot more!
    Beat 'em, stomp 'em, touchdown let the points soar!
    Fight on, fight on, til you have won, sons of Wash-Ing-Ton!
    RAH RAH RAH!
    Hail to the Redskins
    Hail Vic-Tory
    Braves on the Warpath, Fight for old DC!"

The song has been changed over the years, but the original version is long gone and this is the version that we know and love.

But I understand your point, if its about the old school version. Be rest assured, that one has been gone for a very long time :)
    KDawg_ES
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:26 pm
  • HansGruber wrote:Did I just see a Redskins fan say they actually LIKE the fight song?

Don't try to pawn off your acute PC values on everyone. Maybe back in the days of the frontier Redskins was offensive. But the times change. Words change their meaning over time. "Gay" used to jut mean happy, now it has a much different interpretation. No one in the entire Skins organization has the slightest bit of malice towards native Americans.
    A little history: In 1933 the name was coined In honor of Henry "Lone Star" Dietz a Native American and then coach of the Skins. The helmet insignia was designed by a prominent American Indian who was proud of the heritage it conveyed.
    If you really try you can find racism anywhere I guess. But don't look for it hear in Washington. ( I suppose you are appalled at the term Redskin potato )
    Fight 4 Old DC
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:33 pm
  • BlueTalon wrote:
    burggold75 wrote:But i will say what made me say that...when seahawk fans state they have made the playoffs like 7 or 8 times in the 2000s when the cards, rams, and 49ers were god awful...

to their credit, they constantly have to defend the strength of the NFC west..which is hard

Fortunately, the days of having to defend the NFCW are over, at least for now.

I remember discussions some time in 2007 with NFCE fans, who continually made fun of the Seahawks because of the NFCW. My response was: say what you want about the NFCW, but the Seahawks have defeated every team in the NFCE the last two times we played each team. (At the time, it was true.) They didn't believe me until one of them looked it up.

It was a pretty good "derp" moment.

Good point. The NFCW is certainly on the rise. I just had a good "derp" moments seeing the Oregon Duck cheerleaders in the Fiesta Bowl :shock:

wooow
    burggold75
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:43 pm
  • So much discussion regarding the Redskins mascot and the fight song. I don't really get it. Us fans grew up and our parents grew up with this mascot and it is ingrained into love of our hometown team. We love it. We love that our main rival are the Cowboys.

Indians are intimidating. The tomahawk chop is by far the coolest thing ever...I mean have you seen the Last of the Mohicans those effers are crazy
    burggold75
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:53 pm
  • Fight 4 Old DC wrote:
    3. RGlll......simply put he is a natural born leader of men and inspires greatness. Add that to immence pysical talent and u have a once in a generation player. Wilson is an over-achiever. That doesn't mean he's not great, he is! He just ain't RGlll.

This is just straight up off-base. Does that mean RGIII has been underachieving the entire second half of the season while Wilson wiped the floor with him in nearly every statistical category? Guess they came out with the same amount of wins over that span (with the help of Kirk cousins of course.)

Can't wait till Sunday!

Say what you want about pointing out the second half of the season. I want the better QB when it matters the most. we have that going into the playoffs.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... son-rg-iii
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:16 pm
  • Just wondering how RG3/Morris/Lynch did rushing against the top 15 defenses.
    REDvBLUE.jpg
    REDvBLUE.jpg (80.62 KiB) Viewed 1384 times
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:30 pm
  • Fight 4 Old DC wrote:
    Don't try to pawn off your acute PC values on everyone. Maybe back in the days of the frontier Redskins was offensive. But the times change. Words change their meaning over time. "Gay" used to jut mean happy, now it has a much different interpretation. No one in the entire Skins organization has the slightest bit of malice towards native Americans.
    A little history: In 1933 the name was coined In honor of Henry "Lone Star" Dietz a Native American and then coach of the Skins. The helmet insignia was designed by a prominent American Indian who was proud of the heritage it conveyed.
    If you really try you can find racism anywhere I guess. But don't look for it hear in Washington. ( I suppose you are appalled at the term Redskin potato )

We're supposed to attack the post, not the poster, so let me lead with the fact this one of the dumbest things I have ever read, and I've read Youtube comments. The mental gymnastics required to create this kind of stupidity would win a gold medal at the summer olympics.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:31 pm
  • Considering the people at extremeskins.com say anyone calling Sean Taylor a thug is racist, and that thug is a "racially-charged term", I find Fight 4 Old DC's post pretty amusing.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:52 pm
  • I learned to appreciate the NFCW this week. I used to be annoyed, living in Nor-Cal(9er country) and being a hawk fan.

After dealing with the Redskin fans this week, I am so happy we aren't in the NFCE. Skin fans are the worst....I'm not shouting any obscenities, I am not being a jerk....I am just calling it as I see it...Redskin fans are the most blind homers I've ever dealt with.

I am a honest fan, plus I am superstitious. So I never talk crap about another team, I am always 100% respectful, and have no problem admitting a opposing team is better then my Hawks...but these guys....GEEEEEZ!....just...jeez :229031_banghead:
    XLVIII - 2014 - Champions
    checkdanews
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:58 pm
  • Fight 4 Old DC wrote:A little history: In 1933 the name was coined In honor of Henry "Lone Star" Dietz a Native American and then coach of the Skins

Many, many people around these parts know about Lone Star Dietz, as he coached the Cougs to their only Rose Bowl win. Way back in the day...

That said, times (and sensibilities) change. I find it a bit ironic that the nation's capital, home to the government that broke so many Native treaties, is also home to the "Redskins." But then again, when you now have nary a Native American presence in the District and Delmarva, it's easy to be so dismissive. Perhaps you forget that the Pacific Northwest has many proud Native nations and taking offense to such a slur is not simply dismissed as "PC."

BTW: Is Dan "Little Man Syndrome" Synder still pursuing legal action against a writer for, in his opinion, using an anti-Semitic caricature in a piece about him? There's certainly a bit of irony in that...no?

DohBoy
    Last edited by DohBoy on Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:17 pm
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:10 pm
  • Fight 4 Old DC wrote:
    HansGruber wrote:Did I just see a Redskins fan say they actually LIKE the fight song?

That would seem really heartwarming and even humanitarian if Dietz hadn't been forced to wear a feather headdress and face makeup during games where he was the coach. He wasn't even native American. Did he ever dress like a clown? I actually know a few native Americans and they get kinda annoyed when you start talking about face paint and feathered headdresses. Why not tell your head coach to yodel and wave his hand in front of his mouth when sending in plays? Tell me with a straight face that that kind of behavior isn't grimace-inducing. It'd be hilarious if this was an episode of south park.

I'll repeat myself: It is crass and tasteless that the NFL hasn't already forced that team to change its racist name. Whats next? The LA Negroes? Ugh.

The fact that east coasters don't even realize why it's so distasteful just adds to the sick humor. You can't possibly be that thick.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:19 pm
  • And just to add to the flames:

I know a lot of Native Americans and not one of them has a name like Dietz. Maybe you could enlighten us and tell us what tribe named its children with a European name like Dietz? The Hansel Tribe? They lived on the shores of the Rhine and hunted wild beaver on the backs of Reindeer. Perhaps you have heard of them?
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:39 pm
  • HansGruber wrote:And just to add to the flames:

I know a lot of Native Americans and not one of them has a name like Dietz. Maybe you could enlighten us and tell us what tribe named its children with a European name like Dietz? The Hansel Tribe? They lived on the shores of the Rhine and hunted wild beaver on the backs of Reindeer. Perhaps you have heard of them?

You really should do a little homework before spouting off......especially since he has so much history with your fair state. He was the son of a full blooded Sioux mother and German father. He played football at Carlisle Indian Industrial School and was a teammate of Jim Thorpe. He is still revered at Washington State where I believe he was the last coach to win a championship there.
    Fight 4 Old DC
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:42 pm
  • Fight 4 Old DC wrote:
    HansGruber wrote:Did I just see a Redskins fan say they actually LIKE the fight song?

So are you saying that your team is really named after potatoes? That would be the coolest thing I've heard all day.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:19 pm
  • Fight 4 Old DC wrote:
    HansGruber wrote:And just to add to the flames:

You really should do a little homework before spouting off......especially since he has so much history with your fair state. He was the son of a full blooded Sioux mother and German father. He played football at Carlisle Indian Industrial School and was a teammate of Jim Thorpe. He is still revered at Washington State where I believe he was the last coach to win a championship there.

Oh my bad.

Im sure the Sioux would have been proud watching one of their own, on that NFL sideline, wearing a headdress and face paint. Dietz himself said he hated it but he was probably lying. Tons of natives in the 1950s would have been proud to coach the last segregated nfl team while being forced to wear a headdress and face paint. Because that's what all Indians do. When they're not dancing with wolves.

Right?
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:31 pm
  • I like turtles
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:10 am
  • HansGruber wrote:Why not tell your head coach to yodel and wave his hand in front of his mouth when sending in plays?

SeahawksBMX
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:52 am
  • Former Skins fan here. I grew up in Frederick, Maryland and got to see Theismann, Monk and Riggins stomp around the league. Then, in the early '90s, I lived in Atlanta when the city went absolutely berzerk over the Braves' rise to dominance. Infants were taught the Tomahawk Chop while still in the womb, etc. It was an amazing time that lasted for years. But when I moved out to Seattle in '97, I instantly became a Seahawks-Mariners fan. It was impossible not to. The fans up here in the northwest cheer like lunatics for their teams no matter the score or the weather. And the Seattle teams love their foaming mouth fans right back. It's not just the acoustics at the Clink, Skins fans, these people go out of their minds when it comes to sports. I've never seen anything like it.

Hoping for a violent, but injury free game. Both organizations are becoming powerhouses with their new star quarterbacks. I think we'll be seeing you guys again next year.
    Last edited by Dreadbelch on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Dreadbelch
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:22 am
  • I think the Rams can take the Redskins... ;)
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:56 am
  • Shock2k wrote:Just wondering how RG3/Morris/Lynch did rushing against the top 15 defenses.

That's a great chart. Lynch and Morris are virtually dead even. Nice.
    KDawg_ES
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:40 am
  • Greetings to all,

Redskins fan here and I come in peace.
    I’m not here to troll or to make asinine comments like “We’ll beat you because you guys suck…blah, blah, blah." I’m here because I’ve been reading your board all week and it simply puzzles me how arrogant and overconfident some here are about this weekend’s game. I mean, I’ve read comments like:

“You guys have No Shot.!”
    “Our team is better than yours at every position”
    “You won’t score more than 13 points on us”
    “We’ll hang 50 on ya”

Really? I mean really….some speak as if the Seahawks are traveling across country to play the Maryland Terrapins this Sunday.
    I get it, your team is very balanced, young, well put together, hungry, and playing exceptionally well right now.
    But…...so are the Redskins. How can you rationally conclude that a professional team that has run off 7 consecutive victories and hosting a home playoff game has absolutely zero shot at winning number 8? I don’t care who that team has played. You can only play who they put in front of you.
    And the statement that someone here made that “If the Redskins played in the NFCW they’d be 6-10 at best this season” seems very misguided. The NFC West was extremely top heavy this season.
    49ers 11-4-1
    Seahawks 11-5
    Rams 7-8-1
    Cardinals 5-11
    While the argument could be made that the NFC East had more balance (albeit in a down year)
    Redskins 10-6
    Giants 9-7
    Cowboys 8-8
    Eagles 4-12

The only team in the division that absolutely sucked eggs was the Eagles. Somehow the Redskins finished with a 5-1 divisional record. Yes; 50% of the NFCW was very good (49ers and Seahawks). Whereas, you’d be hard pressed to find anyone objective who would claim that both the Giants and Cowboys (though inconsistent this year) completely sucked. So 75% of the NFCE was at least above average. (If it were not for the Redskins, both the Giants and the Cowboys would have finished 10-6).

Please don’t make this about our team mascot or fight song. I'm talking Football here. No, not EVERY Redskins fan is an idiot. Nor is every Redskins fan lacking in football knowledge. I can say with full confidence that I can discuss X’s and O’s with ANYONE. (I played 3 years division 1-AA ball and coach HS football). So please don’t try to tell me that schematically the Redskins have “No Shot”.
    You guys have a very good team, not denial here. But this is the NFL; you just don’t win 7 straight without doing something right.

Am I saying with 100% certainty that the Redskins will win this weekend? No. But do I think we have a darn good chance? You bet I do.
    Conrad87
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:32 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    Fight 4 Old DC wrote:

So are you saying that your team is really named after potatoes? That would be the coolest thing I've heard all day.

Oh, the Potato! Redskins are versatile to cook with and have a well rounded texture and flavour profile. I love Redskins! Go Redskins!
    Follow me on Twitter: @BadGuy711
    BadGuy711
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:42 am
  • Conrad87 wrote:And the statement that someone here made that “If the Redskins played in the NFCW they’d be 6-10 at best this season” seems very misguided. The NFC West was extremely top heavy this season.
    49ers 11-4-1
    Seahawks 11-5
    Rams 7-8-1
    Cardinals 5-11
    While the argument could be made that the NFC East had more balance (albeit in a down year)
    Redskins 10-6
    Giants 9-7
    Cowboys 8-8
    Eagles 4-12

The only team in the division that absolutely sucked eggs was the Eagles. Somehow the Redskins finished with a 5-1 divisional record. Yes; 50% of the NFCW was very good (49ers and Seahawks). Whereas, you’d be hard pressed to find anyone objective who would claim that both the Giants and Cowboys (though inconsistent this year) completely sucked. So 75% of the NFCE was at least above average. (If it were not for the Redskins, both the Giants and the Cowboys would have finished 10-6).

Come on now. Be consistent.

You call the Cowboys "at least above average" at 8-8, while the Rams don't rate that same status at 7-8-1? That one tie game was that crucial, eh? Our division's top team was 1.5 games better than your division winner. Our 2nd place team was 2 full games better than your 2nd place team. Our third place team is HALF a game back of your 3rd place team. And even our last place team was better than the NFC East's basement dweller. Our division went 3-1 against yours this year, as well.

While I don't agree that the Skins would have been "6-10" in our division, I do think they might have dropped a game or two more than they did, just based on the quality of defenses we have in the NFC West.

volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:49 am
  • I think we'd have loved playing six games in the NFC East. Can 'Skins fans say they'd have loved playing six games in the NFC West?
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:49 am
  • Shock2k wrote:Just wondering how RG3/Morris/Lynch did rushing against the top 15 defenses.
    REDvBLUE.jpg

Awesome. Good find.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:02 am
  • It's pointless to compare divisions, IMO.

I think the NFCE and NFCW are both very good, competitive divisions. I can see any team from either division, with the exception of the Eagles and Cardinals, being legit playoff contenders in the AFC.

The reason why the NFCE will always get more "shine", so to speak, is that it's home to Dallas, Washington (the two most valuable franchises in the NFL) , the New York Giants and Eagles. Every team in the division is a HUGE market team that brings the NFL tons of $$$$. So that division will always be a priority for the NFL to showcase and hype up.
    drastik
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:04 am
  • HansGruber wrote:
    Fight 4 Old DC wrote:
    HansGruber wrote:And just to add to the flames:

Oh my bad.

Im sure the Sioux would have been proud watching one of their own, on that NFL sideline, wearing a headdress and face paint. Dietz himself said he hated it but he was probably lying. Tons of natives in the 1950s would have been proud to coach the last segregated nfl team while being forced to wear a headdress and face paint. Because that's what all Indians do. When they're not dancing with wolves.

Right?

Oh so now he WAS an Indian?....and it sounds like u were a close friend and he shared w/ you his personal feelings.
    I'm not here to defend something that happened 75-80 years ago. Those were racist times, heck the KKK were in full swing. And the Redskins don't have the best track record ....George Preston Marshall was the last nfl owner to draft a black player, Bobby Mitchell I think. But to imply that the team name has racial overtones to this day is silly.
    Fight 4 Old DC
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:12 am
  • volsunghawk wrote:
    Conrad87 wrote:And the statement that someone here made that “If the Redskins played in the NFCW they’d be 6-10 at best this season” seems very misguided. The NFC West was extremely top heavy this season.
    49ers 11-4-1
    Seahawks 11-5
    Rams 7-8-1
    Cardinals 5-11
    Redskins 10-6
    Giants 9-7
    Cowboys 8-8
    Eagles 4-12

You call the Cowboys "at least above average" at 8-8, while the Rams don't rate that same status at 7-8-1? That one tie game was that crucial, eh? Our division's top team was 1.5 games better than your division winner. Our 2nd place team was 2 full games better than your 2nd place team. Our third place team is HALF a game back of your 3rd place team. And even our last place team was better than the NFC East's basement dweller. Our division went 3-1 against yours this year, as well.

While I don't agree that the Skins would have been "6-10" in our division, I do think they might have dropped a game or two more than they did, just based on the quality of defenses we have in the NFC West.

I fail to see the inconsistency. So to be fair, let's remove the word "Above" and leave average..at 8-8. Certainly that one word doesn't invalidate my entire post (If so you're reaching). But I'm not so sure that you could say that "Most People" with no dog in this race would put the Rams over the Cowboys in power rankings.
    Last edited by Conrad87 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Conrad87
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:14 am
  • Gentlemen, if you'd like to talk about the Skins mascot, please take it to the PWR forum. The main forum is for football.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:42 am
  • Conrad87 wrote:
    volsunghawk wrote:
    Conrad87 wrote:And the statement that someone here made that “If the Redskins played in the NFCW they’d be 6-10 at best this season” seems very misguided. The NFC West was extremely top heavy this season.
    49ers 11-4-1
    Seahawks 11-5
    Rams 7-8-1
    Cardinals 5-11
    Redskins 10-6
    Giants 9-7
    Cowboys 8-8
    Eagles 4-12

If fail to see the inconsistency. So to be fair, let's remove the word "Above" and leave average..at 8-8. Certainly that one word doesn't invalidate my entire post (If so you're reaching). But I'm not so sure that you could say that "Most People" with no dog in this race would put the Rams over the Cowboys in power rankings.

Hard to say what "most people" might think regarding the Cowboys and Rams, and I wasn't attempting to invalidate the entire post. My issue was with the implication that the NFC East had 3 quality teams while the NFC West had 2... giving credit to the Cowboys while ignoring the Rams - who finished within a half game of each other, and both of which were pushing for playoff spots right up until the last couple of weeks of the season (and the Rams finished the season even hotter than the Cowboys, going 4-2 against the Cowboys' 3-3).

By most statistical measures (whether you use traditional stats on NFL.com or go with advanced stats like DVOA), the Rams and Cowboys were very close in quality this season, like reversed mirror images (Cowboys were above average on offense, below average on D while the Rams were the opposite).

volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:45 am
  • Conrad87 wrote:Greetings to all,

I’m not here to troll or to make asinine comments like “We’ll beat you because you guys suck…blah, blah, blah." I’m here because I’ve been reading your board all week and it simply puzzles me how arrogant and overconfident some here are about this weekend’s game. I mean, I’ve read comments like:

“We’ll hang 50 on ya”

Really? I mean really….some speak as if the Seahawks are traveling across country to play the Maryland Terrapins this Sunday.
    I get it, your team is very balanced, young, well put together, hungry, and playing exceptionally well right now.
    But…...so are the Redskins. How can you rationally conclude that a professional team that has run off 7 consecutive victories and hosting a home playoff game has absolutely zero shot at winning number 8? I don’t care who that team has played. You can only play who they put in front of you.
    And the statement that someone here made that “If the Redskins played in the NFCW they’d be 6-10 at best this season” seems very misguided. The NFC West was extremely top heavy this season.
    49ers 11-4-1
    Seahawks 11-5
    Rams 7-8-1
    Cardinals 5-11
    Redskins 10-6
    Giants 9-7
    Cowboys 8-8
    Eagles 4-12

Please don’t make this about our team mascot or fight song. I'm talking Football here. No, not EVERY Redskins fan is an idiot. Nor is every Redskins fan lacking in football knowledge. I can say with full confidence that I can discuss X’s and O’s with ANYONE. (I played 3 years division 1-AA ball and coach HS football). So please don’t try to tell me that schematically the Redskins have “No Shot”.
    You guys have a very good team, not denial here. But this is the NFL; you just don’t win 7 straight without doing something right.

Am I saying with 100% certainty that the Redskins will win this weekend? No. But do I think we have a darn good chance? You bet I do.

So you're making the argument that three above average teams and a crap team makes for a tougher division than two stud teams (don't take my word for it, look at the end of season rankings), a mediocre team and a crap team because....there's more balance? Seahawks outside their division? 8-2. Redskins? 5-5. You feasted on an inferior division homie, but hey that's exactly what you are supposed to do. Just don't think you are on our level.
    Harperville
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:49 am
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote: Can 'Skins fans say they'd have loved playing six games in the NFC West?

Why not?

Sure we lost a game we probably should have won (3 pts) to the Rams but so did you guys. Also, the Cards aren't scarring anyone. The 49ers are indeed good, but judging from our last time playing them (Last season) we matched up fairly well head to head.....a 2 game split is not irrational to think.
    Last edited by Conrad87 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Conrad87
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:53 am
  • drastik wrote:It's pointless to compare divisions, IMO.

I think the NFCE and NFCW are both very good, competitive divisions. I can see any team from either division, with the exception of the Eagles and Cardinals, being legit playoff contenders in the AFC.

The reason why the NFCE will always get more "shine", so to speak, is that it's home to Dallas, Washington (the two most valuable franchises in the NFL) , the New York Giants and Eagles. Every team in the division is a HUGE market team that brings the NFL tons of $$$$. So that division will always be a priority for the NFL to showcase and hype up.

I agree. I made the comparison since some here act as though the NFCW is the SEC compared to the Mountain West
    Conrad87
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:02 am
  • volsunghawk,

Fair enough. My intentions weren't to specifically call out the Rams vs. Cowboys..The point was some on this board seem to suggest that the difference between the two divisions was like a BCS conference and Division 3. Saying the Redskins would finish 6-10 tops was silly to me.
    Conrad87
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:08 am
  • Harperville wrote:
    Conrad87 wrote:Greetings to all,

“We’ll hang 50 on ya”

49ers 11-4-1
    Seahawks 11-5
    Rams 7-8-1
    Cardinals 5-11
    Redskins 10-6
    Giants 9-7
    Cowboys 8-8
    Eagles 4-12

So you're making the argument that three above average teams and a crap team makes for a tougher division than two stud teams (don't take my word for it, look at the end of season rankings), a mediocre team and a crap team because....there's more balance? Seahawks outside their division? 8-2. Redskins? 5-5. You feasted on an inferior division homie, but hey that's exactly what you are supposed to do. Just don't think you are on our level.

No sir, I am making the argument that to say the NFCW is miles above the NFCE is ridiculous.

"On our level" LOL...my friend...this is exactly what I'm referring to. Some here are waaayyy too confident heading into this game..Like the Seahawks are the 85 Bears...

These are two young, talented, and confident squads who are extremely hungry and motivated. If the Seahawks execute, limit mistakes, and have a superior strategy, then they will win. Likewise, for the Redskins. But in no way shape or form will one team lose simply because they weren't "On the other team's Level." That's just silly fanboy talk.
    Conrad87
    NET Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:52 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information