Redskin Fan's POV

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Redskin Fan's POV
Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:05 pm
  • weakbeak check your pms. Top of page where it says newmessages.

Radish
    So close to the real thing.
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:13 pm
  • I don't care what they say.

As long as I don't hear their fans complaining about the packers game that wouldn't have change this outcome one bit even though idiots on NFL.com are saying we wouldn't even be in the playoffs if we didn't have the ref.

^now that was a long sentence. yeah!
    TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!!
    Hawk-A-Loogie
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:19 pm
  • Ok, I didn't want to go here, because I also believe there are good and bad fans, but seriously. Go to youtube.com and put in "redskins fans fight" and after you watch the 383 videos of Redskins fans acting badly at games, head on back, and keep casting stones. This is about past Seahawks/Skins playoffs and nothing more.

On your forum right now is a picture comparing RW's wife to a donkey. Seriously.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:20 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:I like that they hate us. It will make it that much more fun when we knock them out of the playoffs again.

This 1000x
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:24 pm
  • It's very easy for a small percentage of fans of a team to create a perception about the whole fanbase. It depends on each person's experiences and where those experiences occur.

I recall 2005. I spent a lot of time on the ESPN message boards then. And I can say without a doubt that my time on those boards cemented three fanbases in my mind as the absolute worst, filled with just awful, awful people:

1. Redskins
    2. Bears
    3. Vikings

That may not be your experience. That may not be the general perception of most NFL fans. Hell, maybe it was just an ESPN board thing. But that's how it shook out for me, and it doesn't surprise me that we rank highly on lists like that for people who had (or even just heard about) bad interactions with some Hawks fans.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:27 pm
  • volsunghawk wrote:It's very easy for a small percentage of fans of a team to create a perception about the whole fanbase. It depends on each person's experiences and where those experiences occur.

I recall 2005. I spent a lot of time on the ESPN message boards then. And I can say without a doubt that my time on those boards cemented three fanbases in my mind as the absolute worst, filled with just awful, awful people:

1. Redskins
    2. Bears
    3. Vikings

That may not be your experience. That may not be the general perception of most NFL fans. Hell, maybe it was just an ESPN board thing. But that's how it shook out for me, and it doesn't surprise me that we rank highly on lists like that for people who had (or even just heard about) bad interactions with some Hawks fans.

Woah no Niner's big suprise there for me!!
    WeakBeak
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:27 pm
  • [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyiUXZaEiA0[/youtube]

So funny.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:30 pm
  • The Radish wrote:To our own guys.

I'm one of the few moderators that was around in 05 and can tell you it was miserable with fans from other teams bashing. But Riggo has been around here off and on for several years and Richmond whom I have just exchanged emails with are like most of us. Fans of football teams

I see us and the Skins very much alike and truly enjoy the give and take between such fans as them and our people. We learn more about the teams that way that we ever will saying "oh huh, youse guys suck". lol

And we learn a lot about the people themselves. Thanks from this moderator for coming here to talk football, that's what we're all about. And if some of our people or some of your get out of line they will be equally gone.

but I don't see that happening here.

Les

Forgot to add one thing we learned then was not to allow new member on the weekend of the game for playoffs

Thanks. I remember this board as always being firm yet fair, one thing I like about it. Each team has their reasons to be confident and concerned going into this matchup. There are no more trap games, no more scrub teams so to speak.

Going into the 05 game, I thought the Seahawks were "soft" based on Mark Brunell converting 3rd downs at will in the regular season game. In the playoffs, I found a completely different team, one well deserving of representing the NFC that year.

Going into 07, I was much less confident...Todd Collins at QB etc. I felt both teams were weaker in this game than the 05 versions...but Collins throwing 2 pick 6's killed us in the 4th quarter.

Going into 2012, I have really no idea what to expect other than 2 teams that will fight the entire 60 minutes. The only Seahawk game I watched this year was the SNF whooping of the 49ers...which was impressive. BUT, it was a must win for you all if you wanted any shot to win the division - and it was at home.

Much like you guys in 05, its easy to take exception if there is an assumption you will be soft or an easy win, especially in your own backyard. We did have a couple games (Steelers and Panthers) where we played horribly this year as a team. One away and one home.

You guys lost to Arizona in the first game of the season. I feel both teams have evolved into something much stronger. Probably the 2 most-improved teams in the NFC from top to bottom, despite injuries which I will not use as an excuse for us (see 2010 Packers).

I didn't personally know anybody that went to the 2005 and 2007 games, so my impression of Seahawk fans has been they are passsionate, yet good people. Who knows what Sunday will bring. We will have to be on our best though, I fully believe the team we are bringing is MUCH better offensively than the 05 team...and on defense we are getting closer to where we need to be...but need to be on our best to counter the multi-dimensional threat of Russell Wilson.

The bad thing for us, is that Seattle seems better defensively than 05...and the offense is readily heading toward its 05 prowess.

I can't wait for this game. First time since 1996 to make the playoffs after a 3-6 start. First time since 1999 winning our division. I was hugging and getting hugged by random people watching the Dallas game after we put that one away. Nobody wants the ride to end here.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:32 pm
  • volsunghawk wrote:I recall 2005. I spent a lot of time on the ESPN message boards then. And I can say without a doubt that my time on those boards cemented three fanbases in my mind as the absolute worst, filled with just awful, awful people:

1. Redskins
    2. Bears
    3. Vikings

Play in a division with the Eagles. We may lost the top spot after one game. LOL

Shock2k wrote:Ok, I didn't want to go here, because I also believe there are good and bad fans, but seriously. Go to youtube.com and put in "redskins fans fight" and after you watch the 383 videos of Redskins fans acting badly at games, head on back, and keep casting stones. This is about past Seahawks/Skins playoffs and nothing more.

On your forum right now is a picture comparing RW's wife to a donkey. Seriously.

Every stadium has fights. Drinking, football, and rivalries. Especially when you play in a division with the cowboys, giants, and eagles LOL. Do you realize how much those fanbases hate each other right? It's pure venom. Note: we have a system in place where fans are undercover patrols at games to limit bad behavior. A great system indeed and every stadium should have it.

Are you talking about our look alike thread? Bud that's our fun thread(besides our OWNED thread). Some are kind of ya know but some are truly hilarious. Some look alike threads for Eagles and such were classics.
    RichmondRedskin88
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:39 pm
  • Shock2k wrote:Ok, I didn't want to go here, because I also believe there are good and bad fans, but seriously. Go to youtube.com and put in "redskins fans fight" and after you watch the 383 videos of Redskins fans acting badly at games, head on back, and keep casting stones. This is about past Seahawks/Skins playoffs and nothing more.

On your forum right now is a picture comparing RW's wife to a fdonkey. Seriously.

The area around Washington DC is very diverse. Other than being a hugely divided city for politics, the socio-economic and class differences are vast throughout the DC, Maryland, and Virginia area.

Some of the wealthiest suburbs in the country surround DC...but you go a little farther out and there is a much more blue-collar feel to the fanbase. Alot of these families have had season tickets for years and have passed it down from fathers to sons. I feel that the newer generation has more of a sense of "entitlement" rather than bleeding burgandy and gold. More likely to just get drunk, start fights, and try to reassert their manhood in the stupidest of ways.

You also have to realize, when your fanbase is starved for success as we have been, and we grew up with the Redskins being a proud and powerful franchise - its easy to become deluded when success starts and assert a false sense of braggadocio. Look at what happened with Germany after their economy tanked and they blamed the reparations they had to pay the rest of the world. Easy to see where this fanbase gets a chip on its shoulder...especially when we were dealt a 36 M cap penalty by Goddell and Mara (owner of the Giants).
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:45 pm
  • BlueTalon wrote:You guys really want to understand Redskins fans' points of view? It has to do with a lot more than just us beating them in the playoffs. At both games, a bunch of their fans were treated like shit, having beer and smoke bombs thrown at them among other things. At the second game, some Seahawk fans said some really nasty things about Sean Taylor to Redskins fans who were still grieving. And they don't like being called racist.

It doesn't matter to them what the majority of Seahawk fans are like, if their interactions with Seahawk fans are overwhelmingly negative.

They have contempt for us as a fan base, more than any other team including the Cowboys. And they don't give a crap about what we think, just like we don't give a crap about what they think.

I'm not saying anybody has to change their ways, or anything like that. But if you want to understand Redskins fans' POV, that is some important background.

BlueTalon - you're a classy fan :D
    burggold75
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:49 pm
  • RiggoReincarnated wrote:
    Shock2k wrote:Ok, I didn't want to go here, because I also believe there are good and bad fans, but seriously. Go to youtube.com and put in "redskins fans fight" and after you watch the 383 videos of Redskins fans acting badly at games, head on back, and keep casting stones. This is about past Seahawks/Skins playoffs and nothing more.

On your forum right now is a picture comparing RW's wife to a fdonkey. Seriously.

The area around Washington DC is very diverse. Other than being a hugely divided city for politics, the socio-economic and class differences are vast throughout the DC, Maryland, and Virginia area.

Some of the wealthiest suburbs in the country surround DC...but you go a little farther out and there is a much more blue-collar feel to the fanbase. Alot of these families have had season tickets for years and have passed it down from fathers to sons. I feel that the newer generation has more of a sense of "entitlement" rather than bleeding burgandy and gold. More likely to just get drunk, start fights, and try to reassert their manhood in the stupidest of ways.

You also have to realize, when your fanbase is starved for success as we have been, and we grew up with the Redskins being a proud and powerful franchise - its easy to become deluded when success starts and assert a false sense of braggadocio. Look at what happened with Germany after their economy tanked and they blamed the reparations they had to pay the rest of the world. Easy to see where this fanbase gets a chip on its shoulder...especially when we were dealt a 36 M cap penalty by Goddell and Mara (owner of the Giants).

totally agree. You can do the same with "Seahawks fans fight".
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:49 pm
  • BlueTalon wrote:It would be ridiculous, if that's all it was. Was your car vandalized in Denver? Was your girlfriend groped at the game? If she had been, would it make a difference in your opinion?

I'm sure you were asking rhetorically, but I don't appreciate the way you asked. No, the harassment we received was verbal. When it comes to something as serious as what you're describing, who you're rooting for is obviously out the window. If someone is breaking the law, they need to be punished. It's no longer about football. Period. Someone that vandalizes a car or sexually assaults someone is a scumbag, and any team association should never trump that fact. (And the same can be said about anyone that thinks that any Sean Taylor jokes would be funny)

I still think that judging a fanbase based off isolated experiences is closed minded. And I don't mind saying so.
    MRH72
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:59 pm

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:03 pm

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:04 pm
  • RichmondRedskin88 wrote:
    Shock2k wrote:There is a serial groper in Virginia right now. There you go, all Redskins fans are sexual harassers.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/cri ... _blog.html

But we play in maryland :?: :lol:

Yet you are from Richmond.

It's a joke and a play on the whole BS of a few represents all.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:05 pm
  • RichmondRedskin88 wrote:
    Shock2k wrote:There is a serial groper in Virginia right now. There you go, all Redskins fans are sexual harassers.

Oh Virginia is close enough to make my argument. :sarcasm_on:
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:06 pm
  • AF_Hawk wrote:
    RichmondRedskin88 wrote:

If you are questioning my fandom sir I was born just outside of DC and grew up in Northern VA outside of DC. Now if you are calling me a rapist I don't really don't have a response for that. :lol:

I should note Richmond is a giant Redskins fanbase. Redskins-Cowboys game was most viewed by DC followed by Richmond.
    Last edited by RichmondRedskin88 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    RichmondRedskin88
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:07 pm
  • MRH72 wrote:
    BlueTalon wrote:It would be ridiculous, if that's all it was. Was your car vandalized in Denver? Was your girlfriend groped at the game? If she had been, would it make a difference in your opinion?

I'm sure you were asking rhetorically, but I don't appreciate the way you asked. No, the harassment we received was verbal. When it comes to something as serious as what you're describing, who you're rooting for is obviously out the window. If someone is breaking the law, they need to be punished. It's no longer about football. Period. Someone that vandalizes a car or sexually assaults someone is a scumbag, and any team association should never trump that fact. (And the same can be said about anyone that thinks that any Sean Taylor jokes would be funny)

I still think that judging a fanbase based off isolated experiences is closed minded. And I don't mind saying so.

I was asking rhetorically, FYI. And I don't disagree with you, judging a fan-base on isolated incidents is closed minded.

But (A) it's a lot different when you are the target of one of those isolated incidents, and (B) it's a lot different when the incidents are perceived to be not so isolated. And it's impossible to disassociate such incidents from football and fanbases, when the people being targeted are being targeted exactly because they are fans of the other team.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:09 pm
  • But we play in maryland :?: :lol:

If you are questioning my fandom sir I was born just outside of DC and grew up in Northern VA outside of DC. Now if you are calling me a rapist I don't really don't have a response for that. :lol:

I'm not, and I edited the post to explain. You just quoted me before I edited it.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:11 pm
  • AF_Hawk wrote:
    RichmondRedskin88 wrote:

It's a joke and a play on the whole BS of a few represents all.

I thought maybe you were accusing him of being the serial groper. :D
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:13 pm
  • BlueTalon wrote:
    Shock2k wrote: the way, I'm not attacking you for defending them, I understand you are trying to close some wounds here. There was a couple guys I like over on that forum, well one guy, but I wasn't on for very long.

Believe it or not, I'm not defending them, or trying to close any wounds. I'm merely trying to explain them.

Scottemojo wrote:BT, I call BS. If they won that game in January 2008, they would be a lot different about this. Our 1% made a 99% impression,

If your theory is correct, then if they win this game, that will soften their attitudes toward us. (I kinda doubt it.)

Scottemojo wrote:and you are the only one grandfathered in. And that is because you get on with one of their pissy mods. I read your post over there, and I thought it was pandering to them. Which is what they want. So good for you.

For those who haven't seen it, here it is:

I honestly have no idea why more people don't get it -- when I come here, I am a visitor in your home. The same is true for any opposing team's forum I visit. While I am prepared to stick up for myself if need be, it is not my job to change anybody's mind, or beat them about the head and shoulders with the "truth". The most I expect to do in a conflict of football opinions is to show that the opposing side of the argument has validity, and isn't just the product of a latte-lubed nut-bag.

And I have never understood people who play the game "Taunt the Mods". Seriously, when I see that happening (and it happens everywhere), I get a game show voice going in my head.

"And now for another edition of Taunt the Mods! Today's contestant is a visitor from Seattle. Tony?"
    "Thanks, Bob. Contestant, what is your name?"
    "BlueTalon."
    "What brings you here today?"
    "Well, Tony, I'm a true believer in the Seahawks, and I'm out to spread the good news."
    "And you're here to play Taunt the Mods?"
    "Yes, Tony. People are idiots, and mods are no exception. They need to be aware that the 1st Amendment protects my right to be an ass on the internet, and I have found ridicule to be a very useful tool in my quest."
    "And there you have it, Bob. We'll begin the first round after these messages..."

I take that approach at every opposition forum I visit (i.e., I'm a visitor in their home). There's nothing panderish about that -- we expect and demand it from fans of other teams who visit here. And I really don't get it when people don't get it.

I also don't get it when people seem to test the limits with mods. I have seen it happen here a lot. You haven't?

Using myself as the example in the game-show is just a literary device, though I can see why you might consider it pandering.

Other fans got booted on that board for absolutely nothing offensive before you made that post. It was pandering.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:16 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    I thought maybe you were accusing him of being the serial groper. :D

Are you being serial?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0rLfkvl8BI
    Last edited by AF_Hawk on Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:19 pm
  • For Serial, I'm going to start calling the Redskins fans "Gropeskins" from now on.

Gropeskin, gropeskin, gropeskin (so it will pop in google in a few minutes)
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:26 pm

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:01 pm
  • Made the mistake of reading that obnoxious ExtremeSkins thread. Wow. And to think I wanted to win the game before. Jeez. What a bunch of idiots. Please, nobody link to that site again. I just got PTSD from 2007.

I understand that there was some sort of incident with some idiot Hawk fan saying something stupid about Sean Taylor. But the degree and level to which that nonsense has grown and been overblown is hilarious and scary. They act like their fans were nuns raped by hells angels. No offense, Talon. I get that there is context behind it. But it is 90% their own creation. Taking the works of a couple individuals and smearing it all over the place and painting an entire fan base with. No offense to any good Skins fans out there. But as a football fan that has seen games in 1/3 of the country and always looking for new experiences, DC is one of the few stadiums I've been told by fans of other teams who do the same to be careful with. Let's check the sanctimony at the door.

As for this game itself. PLEASE SEAHAWK FANS. Please do not belittle and dismiss the Redskins to the degree they are the Seahawks. It's downright embarassing to read their fans do such mental gymnastics to prove how weak Seattle and the NFC West is. Please let's not be that ignorant and foolish. One (emphasis on "one") of their fans made a good point. Wouldn't you rather admit your opponent is a good football team, and to beat them in the playoffs, as opposed to beating some weak, overhyped team that skirted it's way into the postseason? Really now. Again, sorry to any good DC fans out there. But the fans on ExtremeSkins look like exactly like fans of a football team whose only postseason experience of the last decade is losing to us twice. Good grief.

Both the Hawks and Redskins are playing great football right now. Both are hot and on considerable winning streaks. Both are led by fantastic rookie qb's, who are both good qb's, period. Not just good rookie qb's. Neither team is to be belittled or dismissed right now. If this game were at the CLink, I'd be supremely confident in a Seahawks win. It's not, so I feel it's going to be a dog fight game that comes down to the 4th qtr. There is a lot of exciting and interesting angles to this game. Let's take from ExtremeSkins example and do the exact opposite of what they are doing, and actually focus on the game itself. Leave the "us vs you. you suck. neener neener" childrens games to them.

Go Hawks.
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:16 pm
  • Well met, I appologize for calling the entire Redskins fanbase "sexual harrasers", even if it was just being sarcastic. Actually I can't appologize for that one, it seems the only way to get the point accross. I was tired of hearing the "raper Seahawks" comments.

I swear I actually liked the Redskins until I went to that ExRed.com site.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:34 pm
  • thebanjodude wrote:Ha the 49ers fans are already annoyed with them

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/168004-musings-other-nfl-message-boards/page124/

Some real "enemy of my enemy is my friend" stuff there. Gettin' some 'Niner love - amazing! I admit that I've been known to have postseason division pride as well at times. Was definitely pulling for the Cards in the Super Bowl, but with the Steelers the opposition that one was pretty easy to do. Plus Fitz is about as classy as they come and hard not to root for a guy like that.

Hell, since I took it there, I should say that RGIII also seems like a class act and I've always liked the 'Skins unis. I used to kind of like them until visiting extremeskins. Now I'm hoping that we absolutely annihilate them on Sunday. If Pete reads that site, we're going for 2 and onside kicking up by 30 in the 4th quarter.
    SeahawksBMX
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:18 am
  • Good discussion.

For the Redskins fans who came out here in 2005 and 2007, and were bothered to the point of feeling unsafe, or you had your personal property damaged, I am very sorry for that. I have not traveled as a pro fan, but have done so as a college fan of the Washington Huskies. I've gone to some places where I was treated amazingly well (Michigan and Notre Dame), a place I was treated horribly (Miami in the Orange Bowl for the 2001 blowout), and a place I was hassled, but not threatened (Autzen Stadium in Eugene). So I do know where you're coming from. For a big game, maybe older male visiting fans should expect what I got in Eugene, but should never expect what I got in Miami.

And women and kids should really be off-limits. I felt bad for Monkster's on CPND's experience in 2005. It opened my eyes a little bit, since she bought tickets just one or two sections away from me, low down on the Seahawks side. I would've expected the fans in that area to be a little more tame. Its too bad her seats were not in my section, 134, which might be the tamest non-club seat section in the stadium.

For those who had really bad experiences, there is no excuse. Please don't take my following comments to be that way. But, before the 2005 game, it seemed like Redskins fans were incredibly arrogant and bragging, to the point of rubbing it in our faces, that we had no worthwhile fan support, that they were going to take over the stadium en masse and basically own the place, making it into FedEx West. For some people, that siege mentality given off by Redskins fans, helped foster a "we must protect this house" mentality by Seahawks fans. Obviously, a part of Seahawks fans took that way too far-especially the jerks that smoke bombed the ExtremeSkins tailgate.

The situation of the game didn't help either, and it won't help Seahawks fans who are invading enemy territory this Sunday. It had been forever since we'd won a playoff game, with the 03 and 04 losses being agonizing. I will never forget a fan crying his eyes out in the bathroom after the 04 Rams loss. I could not get a minute of sleep the night before the 05 divisional game, and really have never been more nervous for a game. And there were many who probably felt the same way. Had the Redskins won that day, it wouldn't have shocked me if a fan jumped off the Aurora Bridge afterward.

Now the shoe is on the other foot. I get the sense that Redskins fans really have a desperate need to win this game, as we did in 2005, and that will bring out fan conduct that is different than it would be for a run of the mill regular season game. I didn't hear any Redskins fan complaints about the 2008 or 2011 regular season games.

I understand Skins fans who are desperate for payback for the two playoff games. I say we aren't done paying you back for Steve Largent's retirement game; and the two playoff games, along with the 94 season opener, only got us part of the way there. ;)
    camdawg
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:56 am
  • Will I wrote:After visiting the Redskin fans forums, I keep finding myself chuckling at what they're saying, so I thought I'd start a thread to share for those who don't wonder over. If anyone else has good one's, please share. This one struck my funny bone...

I do find it HILARIOUS that every few years that go by and the Redskins decide to make the playoffs, oh guess what the Seahawks up and decided they want to get off the lazy chair and squeeze in also. Like a distant cousin who doesn't join the marathon until you do, just to annoy you.

But not this time

Responding to that exact clown on the Extreme Skins forum got me perma-banned. I wasn't even being a dick or trolling, either. They're way too sensitive over there. I hope we SMOKE the Redskins, their fans are unbearable; and I never even had a problem with them before this week.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:29 am
  • The poster that made the Sean Taylor comment was that lying asshole Matt Wolf, one of the guys that helped Todd start this site.

By then he had completely alienated everyone here and had his own site where he made those comments.

Somehow since he had been around here for a long time it got transfered to us. He got so many violent threats he went off the air with his own site and ran and hid at his parents on Long Beach Penn at Ocean Shores.

So that was one guy, not a fan base.

:141847_bnono:
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:34 am
  • I lived in the D.C. area most of my life before moving west. I have been a Seahawk fan since 76'. One reason I started rooting for the Hawks is the obnoxious Redskin fans. My guess it is that way in any football city if you don't root for the home town. Anyways it seems like every move, draft, acquisition, they did was a road to the next super bowl. They did have a good era in the early Gibbs years but since Dan Snyder took over the have sucked. Living there couldn't get Seahawk information (although now it is a bit different with the internet thingy and all). There is a definite East Coast bias. I think the NFC East Was good for a long time but times are a changing. I feel they have a hard time grasping they are a second rate division now. Tough to admit. But I don't mind if the Hawks show them why either!

In the end I don't think skins fans are any better or worse than any other teams (although I have heard REALLY bad things about Philly).

P.S. I did get to go to a Foreskin game (in my Steve Largent Jersey) about 15-20 years ago. The Hawks dominated. I cheered but didn't go overboard. When the game was over I kept my mouth shut and left. There needs to be a level of respect when you are in opposing country. Right or wrong you have to lay low if you don't want to deal with the drunks (especially if your team wins). You don't have to but there will be lots more of them than you so do the math.
    Year of The Hawk
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:25 am
  • You'll have to forgive some of the more idiotic Skins fans. Many are delusional and egocentric about their team like many other fans around the NFL. (including Seahawks) The thing that bothers me the most about idiot Skins fans is that they are stuck in the past (Example: burggold75 on page one of this thread). Yeah, its generally those guys who's ages are 35 and up. Still talking about the Super Bowls as if they mean something now. News flash. They don't. Twenty years since a mere sniff at a Super Bowl means your team is garbage. If a Skins fan brings up the past 3 Super Bowls, it means he doesn't have a leg to stand on so he's reverting back to history. That's how you know you won the argument, unless that argument is who has the most Super Bowls. From top to bottom, Seattle has been a better franchise this past decade. They've made the playoffs a lot more than the Skins and even have wins to show for it. Hell, they were a poorly officiated game away from winning a Super Bowl, which is more than we have. We have nothing. Zilch. We had a old Gibbs 2.0 lead us to the playoffs by barely squeaking in on a Wildcard, only to get our asses stomped by Seattle. In that process, he pissed away draft picks galore, traded all-pro CBs for a RB, and signed stupid ass contracts to many players. He along with Vinny Cerrato devastated the talent and depth of this team for the future. I say all of this and I grew up watching those Super Bowl teams with Gibbs 1.0.

Finally, with the help of good management, our ship has been steered in the right direction with a great future on the horizon. We have one of the youngest teams in the NFL, and I expect them to get better. Winning the division was gravy this year, and most rationale Skins fans didn't think this was going to happen at the beginning of the season. Hell, many were calling for Shanahan's firing at the bye week. The thing about our fans is that they are just like Dan Snyder. No patience, always willing to make stupid ass moves, and generally ignorant as hell when it comes to football. The irony of it is that these same guys hate Dan Snyder for being exactly how they are. I'm sure your team has these same type of fans.

All in all, don't visit Extremeskins if you want a logical debate on the Seahawks/Redskins game. The site if packed full of idiots, and its why their moderators are constantly working the ban buttons. Too many idiots, too little time. (pretty much a signature from their head mod TK) Mind you now, there are knowledgeable people on that site that do know and understand football, it's just a shame the idiots overshadow these by their glaring stupidity.
    Last edited by SkinsFan46 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
    SkinsFan46
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:14 am
  • SkinsFan46 wrote:You'll have to forgive some of the more idiotic Skins fans. Many are delusional and egocentric about their team like many other fans around the NFL. (including Seahawks) The thing that bothers me the most about idiot Skins fans is that they are stuck in the past (Example: burggold75 on page one of this thread). Yeah, its generally those guys who's ages are 35 and up. Still talking about the Super Bowls as if they mean something now. News flash. They don't. Twenty years since a mere sniff at a Super Bowl means your team is garbage. If a Skins fan brings up the past 3 Super Bowls, it means he doesn't have a leg to stand on so he's reverting back to history. That's how you know you won the argument, unless that argument is who has the most Super Bowls. From top to bottom, Seattle has been a better franchise this past decade. They've made the playoffs a lot more than the Skins and even have wins to show for it. Hell, they were a poorly officiated game away from winning a Super Bowl, which is more than we have. We have nothing. Zilch. We had a old Gibbs 2.0 lead us to the playoffs by barely squeaking in on a Wildcard, only to get our asses stomped by Seattle. In that process, he pissed away draft picks galore, traded all-pro CBs for a RB, and signed stupid ass contracts to many players. He along with Vinny Cerrato devastated the talent and depth of this team for the future. I say all of this and I grew up watching those Super Bowl teams with Gibbs 1.0.

Finally, with the help of good management, our ship has been steered in the right direction with a great future on the horizon. We have one of the youngest teams in the NFL, and I expect them to get better. Winning the division was gravy this year, and most rationale Skins fans didn't think this was going to happen at the beginning of the season. Hell, many were calling for Shanahan's firing at the bye week. The thing about our fans is that they are just like Dan Snyder. No patience, always willing to make stupid ass moves, and generally ignorant as hell when it comes to football. The irony of it is that these same guys hate Dan Snyder for being exactly how they are. I'm sure your team has these same type of fans.

All in all, don't visit Extremeskins if you want a logical debate on the Seahawks/Redskins game. The site if packed full of idiots, and its why their moderators are constantly working the ban buttons. Too many idiots, too little time. (pretty much a signature from their head mod TK) Mind you know, there are knowledgeable people on that site that do know and understand football, it's just a shame the idiots overshadow these by their glaring stupidity.

If I could, I'd buy you a beer...you should definitely stick around after the game.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:22 am

Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:39 am
  • Shock2k wrote:'46 is from http://www.thehogs.net. Good dude!

Nope. Not from thehogs.net
    SkinsFan46
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:45 am
  • The Radish wrote:The poster that made the Sean Taylor comment was that lying asshole Matt Wolf, one of the guys that helped Todd start this site.

By then he had completely alienated everyone here and had his own site where he made those comments.

Somehow since he had been around here for a long time it got transfered to us. He got so many violent threats he went off the air with his own site and ran and hid at his parents on Long Beach Penn at Ocean Shores.

And that was also the same guy who changed his name to "Mason" and spent the week prior to the 2008 Hawks-Giants game in NY making 9/11 jokes on his own site, which made a couple of national headlines like "Seahawk fans mocking 9/11" and whatnot. So you can understand how nobody here has wanted anything to do with that clown for a long time.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:19 am
  • Shadowhawk wrote:
    The Radish wrote:The poster that made the Sean Taylor comment was that lying asshole Matt Wolf, one of the guys that helped Todd start this site.

And that was also the same guy who changed his name to "Mason" and spent the week prior to the 2008 Hawks-Giants game in NY making 9/11 jokes on his own site, which made a couple of national headlines like "Seahawk fans mocking 9/11" and whatnot. So you can understand how nobody here has wanted anything to do with that clown for a long time.

Reminds me of that guy who put out pictures and comments making fun of the OKC bombings when the Thunder were in the NBA Finals. Of course the media made a deal out of it and how Seattle fans were making fun of the tragedy out of anger, when in reality it was just one guy, maybe a couple other hopping on the bandwagon. Pretty lame approach if you ask me. If you want to find some idiot to say something terrible on the internet, you're going to be obliged, just stupid to assume that it can be used to make any generalizations about any group.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:57 pm
  • Im from Extremeskins. The fans there are like the websites name: Extreme.

But we're not all that way. I enjoy logic based debates so...

When you get into "My team is better than yours becasue your team sucks!", I dont have time for that garbage.
    rdskns4eva
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:01 pm
  • I think the view of Seahawk fans stem from this article in the WP back in 2008.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02696.html

I bet you can create a article like this from a visit to any NFL stadium in the country. (including Fed Ex) Alcohol creates many problems with crazy/rabid fans.
    Last edited by SkinsFan46 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SkinsFan46
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:03 pm
  • rdskns4eva wrote:Im from Extremeskins. The fans there are like the websites name: Extreme.

When you get into "My team is better than yours becasue your team sucks!", I dont have time for that garbage.

I think the point is you can't even have a reasonable discussion, or any discussion for that matter on the site. I'm over it, the site is meant for fan bluster which is fine. Looks like we have enough skins fans heading over here to have the reasonable debate.

Heck you can have an unreasonable debate here. The moderators pride themselves on very rarely banning people. (probably would take making threats against fans or the like).
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:05 pm
  • by the way . . . ExtremeSkins blows IMO . . . you have to be a company yes man to post there . . . if you want to see good redskins forums check out thes:

dcprosportsreport.com (good intelligent discussions, but new and not enough activity . . . yet)
    thewarpath.net (busy and mostly intelligent discussions)
    hailredskins.com (busy and mostly intelligent discussions)
    SkinsGuru
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:29 pm
  • Where is the video?
    gadgor
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:53 pm
  • SkinsFan46 wrote:You'll have to forgive some of the more idiotic Skins fans. Many are delusional and egocentric about their team like many other fans around the NFL. (including Seahawks) The thing that bothers me the most about idiot Skins fans is that they are stuck in the past (Example: burggold75 on page one of this thread). Yeah, its generally those guys who's ages are 35 and up. Still talking about the Super Bowls as if they mean something now. News flash. They don't. Twenty years since a mere sniff at a Super Bowl means your team is garbage. If a Skins fan brings up the past 3 Super Bowls, it means he doesn't have a leg to stand on so he's reverting back to history. That's how you know you won the argument, unless that argument is who has the most Super Bowls. From top to bottom, Seattle has been a better franchise this past decade. They've made the playoffs a lot more than the Skins and even have wins to show for it. Hell, they were a poorly officiated game away from winning a Super Bowl, which is more than we have. We have nothing. Zilch. We had a old Gibbs 2.0 lead us to the playoffs by barely squeaking in on a Wildcard, only to get our asses stomped by Seattle. In that process, he pissed away draft picks galore, traded all-pro CBs for a RB, and signed stupid ass contracts to many players. He along with Vinny Cerrato devastated the talent and depth of this team for the future. I say all of this and I grew up watching those Super Bowl teams with Gibbs 1.0.

All in all, don't visit Extremeskins if you want a logical debate on the Seahawks/Redskins game. The site if packed full of idiots, and its why their moderators are constantly working the ban buttons. Too many idiots, too little time. (pretty much a signature from their head mod TK) Mind you now, there are knowledgeable people on that site that do know and understand football, it's just a shame the idiots overshadow these by their glaring stupidity.

Actually, I completely agree with you. I'll recant my statement. I am more jealous that the seahawks have made the super bowl more recently than the fact the skins won 3 SBs in the 80s and 90s, I'm 37 so i grew up watching the skins a very good franchise.

I love where our team is at now with lots of future potential...as I'm sure the hawks fans feel about their team as well.

I was around here in 2005 and the combined ST death and the experience I had with seahawks fans has jaded me. However, im not worried about that now...just looking forward to a good game on sunday. who cares about strength of schedule, division strength, etc, etc..

just ready to see this one play out!
    burggold75
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm
  • SkinsFan46 wrote:I think the view of Seahawk fans stem from this article in the WP back in 2008.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02696.html

I bet you can create a article like this from a visit to any NFL stadium in the country. (including Fed Ex) Alcohol creates many problems with crazy/rabid fans.

I remember that article when it came out: I was shocked. Understanding that playoff crowds are different then regular season (the passion is amped up 2x) and that there are always bad experiences that occur for visiting fans to any NFL stadium...still, it just didn't sound like a game played in Seattle.

Yes, bad things happened I am sure. But the point of that article was to piss off Redskins fans, nothing more. Obviously it worked, but I would expect better from the Washington Post.
    ...and with one kiss of his bicep he proved, without a shadow of doubt, that he was every bit as much of a DBag as his coach, and most of his team's fanbase. Finally, he could call himself a Niner!
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:00 pm
  • But i will say what made me say that...when seahawk fans state they have made the playoffs like 7 or 8 times in the 2000s when the cards, rams, and 49ers were god awful...

to their credit, they constantly have to defend the strength of the NFC west..which is hard
    burggold75
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:52 pm
  • Shock2k wrote:
    rdskns4eva wrote:Im from Extremeskins. The fans there are like the websites name: Extreme.

I think the point is you can't even have a reasonable discussion, or any discussion for that matter on the site. I'm over it, the site is meant for fan bluster which is fine. Looks like we have enough skins fans heading over here to have the reasonable debate.

Heck you can have an unreasonable debate here. The moderators pride themselves on very rarely banning people. (probably would take making threats against fans or the like).

Come on Shock, the entire staff has been in training all year to ban Redskin fans!

They've really screwed up our program so far. Rockhawk is offering a huge prize for the one that bans the most in the shortest time.
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:07 pm
  • Ya, you mods really come off as total hardnosed enforcers. You guys are bunch of teddy bears. More like "Legion of Extrodinary Gentleman" then "Legion of Boom"

(Stealing your next joke) "Shock2k Banned" ~ The Raddish.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:15 pm
  • I got banned from ES years ago when I posed the question of how Snyder keeps his woman satisfied and whether he and Vinny Cerrato were secret lovers.

You have to remember, ExtremeSkins is sponsored by the franchise and hence any comments critical of ownership or critical of the franchise are snuffed out. One thing that really put me off.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:35 pm
  • RiggoReincarnated wrote:I got banned from ES years ago when I posed the question of how Snyder keeps his woman satisfied and whether he and Vinny Cerrato were secret lovers.

You have to remember, ExtremeSkins is sponsored by the franchise and hence any comments critical of ownership or critical of the franchise are snuffed out. One thing that really put me off.

That explains a lot. Basically ES is the cult of Dan Snyder?
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

PreviousNext

It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:57 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information