Redskin Fan's POV

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Redskin Fan's POV
Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:57 am
  • After visiting the Redskin fans forums, I keep finding myself chuckling at what they're saying, so I thought I'd start a thread to share for those who don't wonder over. If anyone else has good one's, please share. This one struck my funny bone...

I do find it HILARIOUS that every few years that go by and the Redskins decide to make the playoffs, oh guess what the Seahawks up and decided they want to get off the lazy chair and squeeze in also. Like a distant cousin who doesn't join the marathon until you do, just to annoy you.

But not this time
    It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back
    In the draft, turn nothing into something, still can make that
    Will I
    NET Rookie

Re: Redskin Fan's POV
Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:58 am
  • ha

Too bad we made it in before they did, they came in to annoy us.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:59 am
  • Except you made it in 2010 I believe, and I think 2006 as well...and we missed both of those seasons.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:03 am
  • Throwdown wrote:ha

In essence it feels almost like this is our 8th playoff game in a row this season...especially since we got no help from the Lions or Packers this past weekend. We had to fight tooth and nail to get where we are...which makes me proud.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:05 am
  • RiggoReincarnated wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:ha

In essence it feels almost like this is our 8th playoff game in a row this season...especially since we got no help from the Lions or Packers this past weekend. We had to fight tooth and nail to get where we are...which makes me proud.

Aw Riggo you know those teams don't give a rip about we "also rans".

:D
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:09 am
  • RiggoReincarnated wrote:Except you made it in 2010 I believe, and I think 2006 as well...and we missed both of those seasons.

and 2003 and 2004. In fact we've made the playoffs 7 times in the last 10 seasons.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:31 am
  • but zero championships..cmon dont start that...however both our teams have bright futures. heres to a good game
    burggold75
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:39 am
  • burggold75 wrote:but zero championships..cmon dont start that...however both our teams have bright futures. heres to a good game

Yeah, but the Skins haven't won a championship since before Bob Griffen was potty trained, so don't YOU start THAT...

And god dammit, change the name of that franchise you racist crackers...
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:40 am
  • burggold75 wrote:but zero championships..cmon dont start that...however both our teams have bright futures. heres to a good game

Don't be a niner/cowboy fan bragging about things that haven't happened for decades.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:41 am
  • Whos John Riggons?
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:43 am
  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    burggold75 wrote:but zero championships..cmon dont start that...however both our teams have bright futures. heres to a good game

Don't be a niner/cowboy fan bragging about things that haven't happened for decades.

haha..ok don't want to be compared to a cowboys fan or a 49ers fan for that matter..so i will digress :D
    burggold75
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:44 am

it was more a point to the quote in the OP, we don't just "up and squeeze in whenever the Redskins decide to", we've made it 7 times in the past 10 years, and it just so happens the 3 times the Redskins have made it they've faced us.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:51 am
  • We have a more than capable squad; the time for being nervous is over. Hell we been nervous every week since we were 3-6. Now its just time to believe that we will pull it out. I love when games are personal, you play harder. Seattle has no wrs or TE which should do wonders for our D ie focusing on 2 keys. ( Lynch/Wilson). We can beat these guys. We will beat these guys... HTTR

Apparently we have "no wrs or TE".
    Will I
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:54 am
  • It depends on who wins in Green Bay. If GB wins we play Atlanta as the lowest seed still alive. If Vikes win we go to SF as the higher seed. Seattle is the only team that knows 100% who they will play if they win because they are the 6 seed.

This guy doesn't even know the playoff seeding.
    Will I
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:45 am
  • Maybe there's some bitterness since every time the Skins made it to the playoffs, we've knocked em out. With prejudice !
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:47 am
  • Will I wrote:
    It depends on who wins in Green Bay. If GB wins we play Atlanta as the lowest seed still alive. If Vikes win we go to SF as the higher seed. Seattle is the only team that knows 100% who they will play if they win because they are the 6 seed.

This guy doesn't even know the playoff seeding.

Gotta love that. Imagine someone from DC sharing their expertise and not having a clue about what they are talking about.
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:52 am
  • We better go get some wide receivers and a TE so we can field a team this weekend. I can't believe we forgot about those guys.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:53 am
  • Will I wrote:After visiting the Redskin fans forums, I keep finding myself chuckling at what they're saying, so I thought I'd start a thread to share for those who don't wonder over. If anyone else has good one's, please share. This one struck my funny bone...

I do find it HILARIOUS that every few years that go by and the Redskins decide to make the playoffs, oh guess what the Seahawks up and decided they want to get off the lazy chair and squeeze in also. Like a distant cousin who doesn't join the marathon until you do, just to annoy you.

But not this time

That's funny considering we have made the playoffs more often then them the last decade or so.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:21 pm
  • We squeezed in to the playoffs?

There are only 2 teams in the NFC that have a better record than we do and only 1 that has more wins than we do.

The Redskins on the other hand came down to a win and your in, lose and your out, final game scenario.

Who squeezed in again?
    Football Outsiders wrote:The Seahawks have a third-and-long defensive DVOA of -102.1%. Seriously, when Seattle knows you have to pass, you are completely terribly, violently screwed.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:26 pm
  • You still don't get the distinction. One call is not debatable because it has been defined as the wrong call and had a direct, definable outcome on the score and the outcome of the game.

The other is a call that is subjective in whether is was called correct or not and only pure speculation can be applied to what happens after it if it actually were not called the way it was.

Surely you're not that obtuse.

This was on the MNF Tate catch
    Will I
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:30 pm
  • I can't wait to smash them in the "Paloffs".
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:31 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:We better go get some wide receivers and a TE so we can field a team this weekend. I can't believe we forgot about those guys.

I took up begging outside the duomo yesterday so I could send the proceeds to the hawks to get wide receivers and tight ends.
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:31 pm
  • I think thats fair for Seahawk fans to say. I have watched your team demolish the last 3 out of 4 opponents, and I'm very thankful we are not playing in your house. These 2 teams are the hottest in the NFC right now, and I think the only thing that sets these 2 teams apart will be where this game is played. This is a game that looks like the 12th man will be the MVP.

To be fair, here's a more educated post.

For the record, I am not registered there. There's no point in trying to have a discussion over there.
    Will I
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:00 pm
  • I have a few hours logged on Seahawks film already, only 25% done but already see a lot of issues we will exploit. Tough at home and average on the road.. No idea why the Seahawks fans feel so confident.

He must be starting from game 1 and going sequentially.
    Will I
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:05 pm
  • Will I wrote:
    We have a more than capable squad; the time for being nervous is over. Hell we been nervous every week since we were 3-6. Now its just time to believe that we will pull it out. I love when games are personal, you play harder. Seattle has no wrs or TE which should do wonders for our D ie focusing on 2 keys. ( Lynch/Wilson). We can beat these guys. We will beat these guys... HTTR

Apparently we have "no wrs or TE".

We have no divas and tight ends who only know how to score touchdowns and can't block worth a lick.
    BamKam
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:17 pm
  • Wow, we only have Lynch and Wilson. That's going to make Baldwin/Rice really sad. Hell even Kearse makes great caches for our team. I love all the disrespect coming from over in DC. It's getting me fired up for the game.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:32 pm
  • Will I wrote:After visiting the Redskin fans forums, I keep finding myself chuckling at what they're saying, so I thought I'd start a thread to share for those who don't wonder over. If anyone else has good one's, please share. This one struck my funny bone...

But not this time

he's almost right... :?

since 2000 the Skins have made the playoffs a whopping 2 times! while the Hawks reached post season just a lousy 6 times since 2000...

yup those seahawks been stalkin the skinnies hard! lol

sheesh, this might be a good game after all? I'm thinking many a skins fans are going to get lost on their way to the game this sunday... :shock:

pass it on, hey Redskins fans, the game is Sunday, not Saturday, not Monday, Sunday... no excuses... :P
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:32 pm
  • You guys really want to understand Redskins fans' points of view? It has to do with a lot more than just us beating them in the playoffs. At both games, a bunch of their fans were treated like shit, having beer and smoke bombs thrown at them among other things. At the second game, some Seahawk fans said some really nasty things about Sean Taylor to Redskins fans who were still grieving. And they don't like being called racist.

It doesn't matter to them what the majority of Seahawk fans are like, if their interactions with Seahawk fans are overwhelmingly negative.

They have contempt for us as a fan base, more than any other team including the Cowboys. And they don't give a crap about what we think, just like we don't give a crap about what they think.

I'm not saying anybody has to change their ways, or anything like that. But if you want to understand Redskins fans' POV, that is some important background.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:37 pm
  • So because a couple fans are "allegedly" rude to you, you are rude to an entire fanbase.

With that said you show us well with your comments on that hilarious "extreme" board. But their general attitude towards other fans is pretty bad.

I honestly just can't give them the benefit of the doubt. Never trust a fanatic (not you, them).
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:45 pm
  • so a little rough housing at the game equates to Seattle stalking the Redskins?

wow, I'm a closet skins fan, wont be wearing my Skins shirt on Sunday but that wont change the fact the Hawks have played in 11 post season games since 2000 and the Skinnies have played an astronomical 3 since 2000, just cuz they lost 2 of those games to the Seahawks doesn't mean they're being stalked..

also people that assault others anywhere any time should be jailed and that doesn't mean every Seahawks fan is a criminal, good grief is this the best drama you guys can come up with?
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:54 pm
  • Shock2k wrote:Wow, we only have Lynch and Wilson. That's going to make Baldwin/Rice really sad. Hell even Kearse makes great caches for our team. I love all the disrespect coming from over in DC. It's getting me fired up for the game.

We are getting the same disrespect with regard to how great your defense is, and you getting 5th in the ESPN poll while we were only 8th. Especially since we did beat you last year, in Seattle.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:55 pm
    Shock2k wrote:Wow, we only have Lynch and Wilson. That's going to make Baldwin/Rice really sad. Hell even Kearse makes great caches for our team. I love all the disrespect coming from over in DC. It's getting me fired up for the game.

We are getting the same disrespect with regard to how great your defense is, and you getting 5th in the ESPN poll while we were only 8th. Especially since we did beat you last year, in Seattle.

You beat us because Tarvaris couldn't match Rex Grossman w/ the game on the line. I trust Russell Wilson to be able to go throw for throw with Bob Griffin.
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:56 pm
    Shock2k wrote:Wow, we only have Lynch and Wilson. That's going to make Baldwin/Rice really sad. Hell even Kearse makes great caches for our team. I love all the disrespect coming from over in DC. It's getting me fired up for the game.

Fair enough, but between last year and this year you are talking about two totally different teams. The Seahawks are should be rated higher as they have a better defense, and statistically that can make a big difference in the playoffs, especially with teams going on the road.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:57 pm

Last year is not this year's team. You should be ranked lower in the power rankings this year because you didn't have as strong as season as we have had this year.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:59 pm
  • I think they should compare our 2007 teams when doing power ratings. Makes almost as much sense as using last year's games.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:01 pm
  • Yeah, the Redskins offense, if you take the whole year's stats, has been slightly better than the Seahawks. If you look at the last chunk of games, it appears the Seahawks have edged them out. Either way, even if we concede offense to the Skins, the difference between the defenses is not slight. The Seahawks straight up have a very significantly better defense. They allow 9 points less a game than the Redskins.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:06 pm
  • Shock2k wrote:So because a couple fans are "allegedly" rude to you, you are rude to an entire fanbase.

With that said you show us well with your comments on that hilarious "extreme" board. But their general attitude towards other fans is pretty bad.

I honestly just can't give them the benefit of the doubt. Never trust a fanatic (not you, them).

Actually, this is exactly what I'm talking about. As long as you view what happened as "a couple of fans" being "'allegedly' rude", and dismiss it out of hand, you are never going to get why they all seem to be so pissed at us.

The "alleged" rudeness during the 2005 divisional game was recorded with photos, and pretty much everyone on the board (including me -- yes, I have been a member there that long) saw them. There were personal accounts of people (women) being intimidated or threatened. IIRC a lot of Redskins-decorated cars were vandalized in the parking lot. Then two years later, when most Redskins fans were still hurting over the loss of Sean Taylor, a lot of people rubbed their noses in it, and said some really nasty, hurtful, even racist things about him. And the news spread on their board, just like it does here.

Now, I'm guessing that most people here on this board would recognize the behavior in these episodes was "classless" if not worse. Unfortunately, we have all been painted with that broad brush. Redskins fans can intellectually acknowledge that of course Seahawks fans consists of all types, and that there are idiots in every crowd, including theirs. But emotionally, they default to the position that we are classless, and therefore have little tolerance for Seahawks fans going to their board and engaging in what might otherwise be regarded as normal smack talk.

Again, I'm not saying people should change their ways, or anything like that. But it is important to understand the background, if you want to understand why people on their board respond to Seahawks fans the way they do now.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:24 pm
  • BlueTalon wrote:
    Shock2k wrote:So because a couple fans are "allegedly" rude to you, you are rude to an entire fanbase.

Actually, this is exactly what I'm talking about. As long as you view what happened as "a couple of fans" being "'allegedly' rude", and dismiss it out of hand, you are never going to get why they all seem to be so pissed at us.

The "alleged" rudeness during the 2005 divisional game was recorded with photos, and pretty much everyone on the board (including me -- yes, I have been a member there that long) saw them. There were personal accounts of people (women) being intimidated or threatened. IIRC a lot of Redskins-decorated cars were vandalized in the parking lot. Then two years later, when most Redskins fans were still hurting over the loss of Sean Taylor, a lot of people rubbed their noses in it, and said some really nasty, hurtful, even racist things about him. And the news spread on their board, just like it does here.

Now, I'm guessing that most people here on this board would recognize the behavior in these episodes was "classless" if not worse. Unfortunately, we have all been painted with that broad brush. Redskins fans can intellectually acknowledge that of course Seahawks fans consists of all types, and that there are idiots in every crowd, including theirs. But emotionally, they default to the position that we are classless, and therefore have little tolerance for Seahawks fans going to their board and engaging in what might otherwise be regarded as normal smack talk.

Again, I'm not saying people should change their ways, or anything like that. But it is important to understand the background, if you want to understand why people on their board respond to Seahawks fans the way they do now.

While those actions are despicable, it happens everywhere. Every fanbase has ~1% idiots (49ers are upwards of 40% based on my calculations)

Me and my girlfriend were harassed at a Denver game a few years back (which I didn't mind but she hated it). And I had always heard mostly good stories about Broncos fans. Point is, it's prevalent everywhere. It's unfortunate anyone has to be a moron at the game, but it happens with every fan base. Skins fans holding a grudge over a few loudmouths is ridiculous. Be mad at us for the final score, but at least admit that's why you're angry.
    MRH72
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:28 pm
  • They mad, bros.
    Harperville
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:35 pm
  • MRH72 wrote:While those actions are despicable, it happens everywhere. Every fanbase has ~1% idiots (49ers are upwards of 40% based on my calculations)

Me and my girlfriend were harassed at a Denver game a few years back (which I didn't mind but she hated it). And I had always heard mostly good stories about Broncos fans. Point is, it's prevalent everywhere. It's unfortunate anyone has to be a moron at the game, but it happens with every fan base. Skins fans holding a grudge over a few loudmouths is ridiculous. Be mad at us for the final score, but at least admit that's why you're angry.

It would be ridiculous, if that's all it was. Was your car vandalized in Denver? Was your girlfriend groped at the game? If she had been, would it make a difference in your opinion?

Our 1% made a 40% impression. They are mad about losing those playoff games, but that isn't why the anger is visceral.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:41 pm
  • For me it's not "why" you react, it's how you react that defines class. I appreciate you giving me the background to understand the behaviour. If it was me at the receiving end of that I would be angry. It's still no excuse. I'm not saying saintly "turn the other cheek", and honestly if that's how they want to play, more power to them, but they will get no sympathy from me, I did none of things you described.

By the way, I'm not attacking you for defending them, I understand you are trying to close some wounds here. There was a couple guys I like over on that forum, well one guy, but I wasn't on for very long.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:41 pm
  • BlueTalon wrote:
    MRH72 wrote:While those actions are despicable, it happens everywhere. Every fanbase has ~1% idiots (49ers are upwards of 40% based on my calculations)

It would be ridiculous, if that's all it was. Was your car vandalized in Denver? Was your girlfriend groped at the game? If she had been, would it make a difference in your opinion?

Our 1% made a 40% impression. They are mad about losing those playoff games, but that isn't why the anger is visceral.

BT, I call BS. If they won that game in January 2008, they would be a lot different about this. Our 1% made a 99% impression, and you are the only one grandfathered in. And that is because you get on with one of their pissy mods. I read your post over there, and I thought it was pandering to them. Which is what they want. So good for you.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:44 pm
  • I like that they hate us. It will make it that much more fun when we knock them out of the playoffs again.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:03 pm

Cmon man...I know you're better than this.
    Kam Chancellor: The Chancellor of Defense
    Bruce Irvin: BruceMode
    Tharold Simon: Humble Thug
    Paul Richardson: BPR
    FortWorthSeahawk
    USAF BadAss

Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:26 pm
  • Shock2k wrote: the way, I'm not attacking you for defending them, I understand you are trying to close some wounds here. There was a couple guys I like over on that forum, well one guy, but I wasn't on for very long.

Believe it or not, I'm not defending them, or trying to close any wounds. I'm merely trying to explain them.

Scottemojo wrote:BT, I call BS. If they won that game in January 2008, they would be a lot different about this. Our 1% made a 99% impression,

If your theory is correct, then if they win this game, that will soften their attitudes toward us. (I kinda doubt it.)

Scottemojo wrote:and you are the only one grandfathered in. And that is because you get on with one of their pissy mods. I read your post over there, and I thought it was pandering to them. Which is what they want. So good for you.

For those who haven't seen it, here it is:

I honestly have no idea why more people don't get it -- when I come here, I am a visitor in your home. The same is true for any opposing team's forum I visit. While I am prepared to stick up for myself if need be, it is not my job to change anybody's mind, or beat them about the head and shoulders with the "truth". The most I expect to do in a conflict of football opinions is to show that the opposing side of the argument has validity, and isn't just the product of a latte-lubed nut-bag.

And I have never understood people who play the game "Taunt the Mods". Seriously, when I see that happening (and it happens everywhere), I get a game show voice going in my head.

"And now for another edition of Taunt the Mods! Today's contestant is a visitor from Seattle. Tony?"
    "Thanks, Bob. Contestant, what is your name?"
    "BlueTalon."
    "What brings you here today?"
    "Well, Tony, I'm a true believer in the Seahawks, and I'm out to spread the good news."
    "And you're here to play Taunt the Mods?"
    "Yes, Tony. People are idiots, and mods are no exception. They need to be aware that the 1st Amendment protects my right to be an ass on the internet, and I have found ridicule to be a very useful tool in my quest."
    "And there you have it, Bob. We'll begin the first round after these messages..."

I take that approach at every opposition forum I visit (i.e., I'm a visitor in their home). There's nothing panderish about that -- we expect and demand it from fans of other teams who visit here. And I really don't get it when people don't get it.

I also don't get it when people seem to test the limits with mods. I have seen it happen here a lot. You haven't?

Using myself as the example in the game-show is just a literary device, though I can see why you might consider it pandering.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:36 pm
  • Hey Hawk fans,

I appreciate Talon trying to explain our view to you all. You guys might recognize me from the Extremeskins board. I will admit I'm one of the fans who does take some(possible understatement) issue with Hawk fans. That comes from the 05 and 07 games. First, the vandalism of Redskin cars. Second, Sean Taylor jersey with bullet holes and signs with not just racial comment about Taylor but also comments about how happy Hawk fans are he's dead. (Keep in mind Taylor was one of our players we watched grow up from a slightly immature player to a father who died protecting his son and girlfriend. His kid absolutely changed his life. Redskin fans are still broken about his death to this day. Not kidding.)

My only other issue is the fake punts and stuff to run up the scores. That's a different discussion though. The fact is when fans attack one of the most sensitive topics for Redskin fans combined with the vandalism of our cars we're gonna have a bad impression of your fans. Now we know every fanbase has it's jerks. I know we have them as does any team. However, you must understand it doesn't exactly look good when our rivals weren't even taking shots at Taylor's death. In fact they were the first to call for the helmet number tribute. When you throw this in with the beer dumping and such on our fans at games perhaps its easier to understand why we don't have a positive view of Seahawk fans.
    RichmondRedskin88
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:53 pm
  • RichmondRedskin88 wrote:Hey Hawk fans,

I appreciate Talon trying to explain our view to you all. You guys might recognize me from the Extremeskins board. I will admit I'm one of the fans who does take some(possible understatement) issue with Hawk fans. That comes from the 05 and 07 games. First, the vandalism of Redskin cars. Second, Sean Taylor jersey with bullet holes and signs with not just racial comment about Taylor but also comments about how happy Hawk fans are he's dead. (Keep in mind Taylor was one of our players we watched grow up from a slightly immature player to a father who died protecting his son and girlfriend. His kid absolutely changed his life. Redskin fans are still broken about his death to this day. Not kidding.)

My only other issue is the fake punts and stuff to run up the scores. That's a different discussion though. The fact is when fans attack one of the most sensitive topics for Redskin fans combined with the vandalism of our cars we're gonna have a bad impression of your fans. Now we know every fanbase has it's jerks. I know we have them as does any team. However, you must understand it doesn't exactly look good when our rivals weren't even taking shots at Taylor's death. In fact they were the first to call for the helmet number tribute. When you throw this in with the beer dumping and such on our fans at games perhaps its easier to understand why we don't have a positive view of Seahawk fans.

Watch those games. We didn't run up the score. We pulled the starters FOUR MINUTES into the second half against Arizona. We scored just ONE touchdown on offense in the second half against the Bills (3 minutes into the second half, after Fitzpatrick threw a pick and we started on the Bills 20 yard line). What more do you want us to do other than start playing Leroy Hill at QB and Matt Flynn as our pass rusher??

The whole basis of the "running up the score" appears to have come from 2 plays

We threw the ball on 4th and 23rd over taking a field goal. We could have added points but the whole point is we're winning by a comfortable margin so we can try out things we wouldn't usually get the opportunity to try.

When IS the best time to try a fake punt? Once the score gets to that stage preseason rules apply - you pull your starters and you have your team try out the fun stuff against real opposition to see how well they come off.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:59 pm
  • You can't blame him, he only knows what the media tells him and we all know they don't watch the games either.
    Harperville
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:01 pm
  • RichmondRedskin88 wrote:Hey Hawk fans,

WeakBeak
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:02 pm
  • To our own guys.

I'm one of the few moderators that was around in 05 and can tell you it was miserable with fans from other teams bashing. But Riggo has been around here off and on for several years and Richmond whom I have just exchanged emails with are like most of us. Fans of football teams

I see us and the Skins very much alike and truly enjoy the give and take between such fans as them and our people. We learn more about the teams that way that we ever will saying "oh huh, youse guys suck". lol

And we learn a lot about the people themselves. Thanks from this moderator for coming here to talk football, that's what we're all about. And if some of our people or some of your get out of line they will be equally gone.

but I don't see that happening here.

Les

Forgot to add one thing we learned then was not to allow new member on the weekend of the game for playoffs
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Next

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:47 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information