Andrew Perloff SI "Rams will hold Seahawks under 30 points"

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • I disagree with his prediction but everyone is entitled to their opinion. :D

"8. The Rams hold the Seahawks to under 30 points
    The Seahawks have averaged 50 points a game over the last three weeks. No team can keep that up, let alone one whose strength is defense, not offense. All season long, quarterback Russell Wilson and the 'Hawks have been defying expectations, but at some point this torrid pace has to slow down. It's probably best for the Seahawks if they cool off just a little headed into the postseason just to remind them this game isn't as easy as they've made it look."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/ne ... z2GODrycC1
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• Our strength is we are a complete team.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• OK, a 27-13 win would be just fine. Just get the "W" Hawks!!
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• I guess winning 29 - 0 is okay =-/
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• My guess is our Defense will produce at least 14 points alone.
    Beast Mode 05 Sep 12 - "And then with our defense playing the way that they've been playing, we don't even need an offense."
    dbsn2420
    NET Veteran

• ivotuk wrote:I disagree with his prediction but everyone is entitled to their opinion. :D

The Seahawks have averaged 50 points a game over the last three weeks. No team can keep that up, let alone one whose strength is defense, not offense. All season long, quarterback Russell Wilson and the 'Hawks have been defying expectations, but at some point this torrid pace has to slow down. It's probably best for the Seahawks if they cool off just a little headed into the postseason just to remind them this game isn't as easy as they've made it look."

So the only reason he's saying is because 'no team can keep that up'? No team had scored 50 points in back to back games in forever either. no team was thought to be able to depants the 49ers, and so on. Whatever. I'm saying we score 30 or more just to spit the Derp.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• I think the real question is how many points do the Seahawks hold the Rams to?

After the last few weeks I don't see the Rams scoring 30 points on us either.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• It would be a miracle if the Rams kept us under 30... I don't see how we don't score, at least, the 42 points that we put up on the Niners?

56 - 63 seems more likely than under 30. The D and special teams might score 30 by themselves
    chawx
    NET Veteran

• Just for a laugh; Peter Kings picks includes this "gem" Final Score: Tennessee 3 - Jacksonville 2

Jacksonville Jaguars (2-13) at Tennessee Titans (5-10)
    In the Munchak-Mularkey Job Saving Bowl, my only question is this: Do fans actually have to attend?

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/ne ... z2GOHN22jF
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• The Patriots have been doing it to people for the last 5 years without slowing down. What was it, 2007 ? when Brady and co. trashed the league and had folks whining about running up the score ?

There is historical precedent to invalidate his argument.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• they just don't know when to shut up do they?

title implications on the line, in the Clink, yea sure they're just going to slow down cuz you think they should...

I smell a nuther lockdown!!!!
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• ivotuk wrote:Just for a laugh; Peter Kings picks includes this "gem" Final Score: Tennessee 3 - Jacksonville 2

Jacksonville Jaguars (2-13) at Tennessee Titans (5-10)
    In the Munchak-Mularkey Job Saving Bowl, my only question is this: Do fans actually have to attend?

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/ne ... z2GOHN22jF

I remember a true "Black & Blue Division" score years ago. I think it was Packers & Minnesota. Pack won 5-2

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• We are going to get the lead and play a bit more vanilla this week. Plus the Rams aren't bad.

Seattle 27

Rams 16 or fewer.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• I don't think this will quite be the curbstomping of the last few weeks, and I sure hope people don't irrationally freak out if we "only" score 27 or something, but I do expect a win by double digits.
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

• You know you have a damn good offense when the predictions are that a team "holds" you under 30.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• I could care less if we do or don't score 30 points...as long as we get the win and nobody gets hurt.

If the score is akin to what we've seen the last three weeks, and we're multiple scores ahead in the third quarter, I'd really be surprised if PC left the key starters in. Factor in the probability of the Cards laying an egg at the Whiners, and I tend to agree with the the <30 point final. That said, slowing down the "torrid pace" of the team will be due to PC rolling off the throttle, not for the reasons indicated in the article.

Of course, if the Rams starters can't stop Flynn, Turbin and the others out there on mop-up duty, then all bets are off. But the Rams are a good team, looking for a winning season and trying to go undefeated in the division; I think this'll be a closer contest than many are expecting/hoping for.

DohBoy
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

• Fuel their fire. It is awesome. 31 points here we come!
    djb28
    NET Veteran

• ivotuk wrote:The Seahawks have averaged 50 points a game over the last three weeks. No team can keep that up, let alone one whose strength is defense, not offense.

Another mediot who hasn't actually been watching games.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Andrew Perloff or Mclovin as he's called on the Dan Patrick show is wrong 80% of the time.
    It's kind of his thing to be the wanna be hipster sports nerd.
    He also has a segment of against the grain and he is very inaccurate there as well.
    Don't sweat it.
    Chapman
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Image Is all that matters, by one point, I don't give a shit if it is 3-2, just give me that WIN. Then....Go Cards !!!!!

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• One of you stat gurus tell me: If they "hold us to under thirty" - how many times in the last few years would a team scoring 27 to 29 points result in a loss?

I think this bold prediction is really a slap in the face to the St. Louis Rams more than a deflation on our ability to score. Just plain stupid analysis.
    nsport
    * NET Sports Handicapper *

• if that's what counts as a bold prediction these days then I'm not going to argue...
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• Rams are no joke. They will come to play.
    strohmin
    NET Starter

• As long as they don't hold us under W.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• One of my favorite columnists, Mike Tanier of Sports on Earth, disagrees. Not sure if he's completely serious or only half serious.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/40796268/

Rams at Seahawks

4:25 p.m. Sunday, Fox
    Line: Seahawks by 11 ½

Early in the season, the Seahawks were a very good fourth-quarter team. They caught a break with a blown call against the Packers, of course, but impressive fourth quarters resulted in wins against the Bears and Patriots even though the Seahawks looked very ordinary (particularly on offense) for the first 45 minutes of those games.

In the last three weeks of Hulk-smash, the Seahawks have become a great first-quarter team. They took double-digit leads against the 49ers, Bills and Cardinals by midway through the second quarter, then stuck each game under a heat lamp until serving time.

Great fourth-quarter teams inspire sportswriter poetry: the epic comebacks, the final drives, the clutch, swaggering swagger-clutching. The problems: A team that is only so-so for three quarters often does not get the chance to be heroic in that fourth quarter, and final-drive tightrope walks can fail if everything does not work perfectly (see the Seahawks’ early losses to the Cardinals and Rams).

A great first-quarter team has a built-in margin for error: It can play for field goals or punt-and-pin while its opponent grows increasingly desperate, its playbook remains balanced and so on. Of course, great first-quarter teams don’t create much drama and only inspire purple prose when they bust out three straight blowouts in the heat of the playoff chase.

Once a team is great in the first quarter and very good in the fourth quarter, we stop parsing things out and start calling them a great team. The middle quarters tend to take care of themselves.

Prediction: Seahawks 52 (why not?), Rams 16
    Last edited by Erebus on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran

• Who would have thought after the first four weeks of the season that somebody "holding the Hawks to under 30 points" would be a controversial prediction.

I. LOVE. IT!!!

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

• I could careless if they score 3 points as long as they have more than the Rams.

The Hawks are doing things in a pretty methodical manner and getting TDs instead of FGs. Every down has a chance of making a first, but we can't expect high output every week, I just want them to win. If they have another high scoring affair though, the media is going to explode.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Tough one to call. The Niner's will be playing at the same time so I don't expect Pete to go into coast mode early. We have also absolutely throttled our division opponents on the rematch's so far. Will they throttle the Rams too? Maybe.

One thing that worries me about this game is the lack of something to get up for. The Cardinals were our first loss and one we definitely felt we gave away, we had revenge and first division blood on our minds. The Bills game was to prove we could play away from home and validate the Chicago win. The Niner's just absolutely needed to have a collective foot shoved shoved up their ass to let them know there is a new bully in town. This is a division game as well as a revenge match but it just doesn't have the feel of the last few games. Each of those games was easy to not look past the opponent but this week I am a little worried we could allow our focus to slip past and onto thought of the playoffs. That is really the only thing that scares me.

The other big factor is Fisher has his team playing way better than they have played in many years and more importantly believing they deserve to be in the conversation for playoffs and a respectful division Foe. I have a hard time believing they will lay down at any point in this game.

That said, I think we currently have the more rounded team and better overall talent. Add in the 12th man and this looks like a game we should be able to handle with somewhat ease. Will the ball bounce our way? Will the officials decide to be a factor? Those unknowns could make this a much more interesting game.

My hope is for RW to get at least two TD's in the air and we dial up another route but I will say I am not 100% confident this game will be as easy as some seem to think.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• strohmin wrote:Rams are no joke. They will come to play.

Pete knows that, but he's got a pretty good team himself, AND, he's learned that if you don't want to lose anymore close games, you score fast, and often in the first half, and if they start seeing a a comeback developing, you run the score up to ensure the win.
    The ONLY way Pete doesn't follow his new concept, is if he sees that his ace players look like they're maybe going to get hurt over a pretty much home show game, and would rather have everyone healthy for games that really count.
    I'm having doubts that our players would even complain about minor owies, for fear that Pete might make them rest on the sidelines.
    Fisher and the Rams are a much improved team since our first meeting, BUT, so is Pete's Seahawks, and 150 points in the last three games, + Wilson's 4TD game against the Leagues 2nd best Defense last Week.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• From the article:

Last Week: 4-6; Season record: 63-87 (.42)

Take that prediction for what it's worth. On Sunday we roll.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• $$$OP $$$SOURCE wrote:I disagree with his prediction but everyone is entitled to their opinion. :D

The Seahawks have averaged 50 points a game over the last three weeks. No team can keep that up, let alone one whose strength is defense, not offense. "

I suppose if his angle is that that defense and special teams will likely simmer down on the scoring and big plays, this may be true.
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

• This was his pick last week? didn't pick either team as far as I could tell.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/ne ... index.html

"3. Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson and 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick will combine for less than 500 passing yards
    As well as Wilson and Kaepernick have played lately, this will be a different kind of game for both quarterbacks. San Francisco and Seattle rank No. 2 and No. 3, respectively, in defense, and this contest will be all about ball control. Both quarterbacks may have to try to win this game with their legs and not their arms."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My vague pick this week is ... some team may score less than 100 pts , the other team will most likely not win . -Uffda
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

• Uffda wrote:This was his pick last week? didn't pick either team as far as I could tell.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/ne ... index.html

"3. Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson and 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick will combine for less than 500 passing yards
    As well as Wilson and Kaepernick have played lately, this will be a different kind of game for both quarterbacks. San Francisco and Seattle rank No. 2 and No. 3, respectively, in defense, and this contest will be all about ball control. Both quarterbacks may have to try to win this game with their legs and not their arms."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My vague pick this week is ... some team may score less than 100 pts , the other team will most likely not win . -Uffda

Likely more than 2 points scored in this one.
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

• ivotuk wrote:I disagree with his prediction but everyone is entitled to their opinion. :D

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/ne ... z2GODrycC1

Yeah yeah yeah and the 49ers never give up more than 13.. ok.
    Rams are a good defensive team, but they are not Seahawk good.
    Who says we can't keep up 50 pts/game pace? Well, we probably can't but the fact is, the best defense Hawks can do is a good offense on the field, scoring pts.
    Bobblehead
    NET Rookie

• With a .42 winning percentage, this guy's a real gem. If you take a look at a lot of the other "picks" he lists, and figure he continues the trend, there's a good chance he's wrong on the 'Hawks.

1. Vikings running back Adrian Peterson breaks 2,000-yard mark, but doesn't break Eric Dickerson's record

So, he predicts Peterson to gather yet another 100-yard plus game (in a game he's really motivated to run in) and yet not get more than 208 yards? Safer than safe. 200+ yard games are pretty damn uncommon, even for a guy like AP. And they're playing a pretty good playoff-caliber team, who is playing for a first-round bye.

2. Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo throws for at least 275 yards against the Redskins

Let's see, Tony Romo throws for under three hundred yards (or more) in a division game where the division title is the stakes? In a game where he's going to have to put up some serious numbers to keep up with the opponent scoring? Heh. That's like predicting at least 50,000 people will show up to watch the game.

3. The Redskins run for at least 125 yards against the Cowboys

The Redskins, with the league's number one rushing offense, will rush for at least a buck and a quarter in a division game where the division title is the stakes? Wow. Way to go out on a limb here, pall.

This is comedy gold. This guy makes picks like a student driver taking the final driving test. Doing the speed limit minus one? Check. Blinker on 500 yards before the turn? Check. Look both ways? Check. Glance in the rear view mirror? Check. And then he runs over the curb on the turn and scrapes a parked car for the fail.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:47 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information