Simmons: "Is there a reason Wilson isn't in ROY discussion?"

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • I'm a realist. Going up against glory boys, Luck & RG3, I don't expect Wilson to actually win ROY. All I want is for Russell to be recognized as in the picture. This from Bill Simmons' latest:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/876 ... y-mailbagl

By the way, is there a reason Russell Wilson isn't being mentioned for Rookie of the Year?

Wilson: 2,697 yards, 21 TDs, 9 INTs, 95.5 rating, 68.7 QBR, 402 rushing yards (3 TDs), 9-5 record.

Luck: 3,978 yards, 20 TDs, 18 INTs, 75.5 rating, 65.5 QBR, 233 rushing yards (5 TDs), 9-5 record.

Griffin: 2,902 yards, 18 TDs, 4 INTs, 104.2 rating, 71.3 QBR, 748 rushing yards (6 TDs), 7-6 record.

Can we at least say Griffin is leading, but it's still up in the air? Also, check out this Luck vs. Wilson post and tell me this isn't a conversation. I predict that Cris Collinsworth brings this up by midway through the second quarter on Sunday night.

When he mentions Luck vs Wilson, he links to Sando's comparison of shared opponents. Love seeing that bit of statistical analysis getting a larger audience. Bout damn time people started taking notice.
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

• I dont think there is any question that Wilson is now in the discussion. I think almost all the national pundits would now agree that he is a viable candidate. Would they vote for him over the 2 season long media darlings? I doubt it, but if the Hawks win out and the Redskins miss the playoffs I think it is possible.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• Just heard on The Dan Patrick show and both he and Michael Wilbon agreed that Russ should be ROY. :)
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

• i feel like theres absolutely no doubt he should be just look at tha stats but one thing i noticed and is probably what tha voters will look at is rg3 was rotw 7 times lucc was 6 times and russ was 1 time so far, they wil use that as reason to say rg3 was more constant year round and therefore he deserves it, either way win or ose im beyond pumped we finally have our team
    BO$$ FAMILY OFFICIAL$ CEO & HAWK GANG OG
    THA SEA MONSTA
    NET Bench Warmer

• Yeah, he plays for the Seahawks.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Guys. In Vegas before the season started they had odds on who would win this award. Wilson wasn't even included by name!!!

If you wanted to bet he would win the award you had to take 'The field/Other' at about 25/1 or better!!!

On edit, I think it was even more than 25-1. Even LaMichael James was given a number....
    Last edited by bestfightstory on Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• bestfightstory wrote:Guys. In Vegas before the season started they had odds on who would win this award. Wilson wasn't even included by name!!!

If you wanted to bet he would win the award you had to take 'The field/Other' at about 25/1 or better!!!

Did Largent80 put 1000 bucks down?
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Re: Simmons:
Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:24 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    bestfightstory wrote:Guys. In Vegas before the season started they had odds on who would win this award. Wilson wasn't even included by name!!!

I am quite certain he will insist he did.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• Despite missing almost 2 games (I say that as a negative), the numbers above would make me vote for RG3 for ROTY. That;s not considering the offenses they lead...just numbers. Now ask me who the better QB is and I will say RW, without hesitation.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Re: Simmons:
Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:25 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    bestfightstory wrote:Guys. In Vegas before the season started they had odds on who would win this award. Wilson wasn't even included by name!!!

I've never "lol'ed" more at anything you've ever written! And he's already on the way to pick up his check!
    Seaman
    NET Rookie

• ESPN had a Facebook Poll today who should win the OROY and Wilson won in a landslide.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• Steve2222 wrote:ESPN had a Facebook Poll today who should win the OROY and Wilson won in a landslide.

Yet Luck and RG3 have won the fan vote for the pro bowl in a landslide. Conspiracy.....
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• Mark Schlereth said yesterday on NFL Live Wilson was his choice for ROY.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Mark Schlereth said yesterday on NFL Live Wilson was his choice for ROY.

He has never been pro-Hawk, so when he makes a comment like this, that's really saying something.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:04 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information