At different points this season, this forum has been dominated by:
1. Wilson needs to be benched for Flynn
2. Darrell Bevell isn't doing a good enough job
3. When will Pete Carroll be on the hot seat
As we prepare for the biggest game of the season so far, the following is true:
1. Wilson is a legit candidate for offensive rookie of the year, breaking multiple records this season while looking every bit a franchise quarterback.
2. Bevell has organised the offense from which Wilson has excelled and been able to achieve his success. The team also has one of the best rushing attacks in the league, has been creative and conservative at various times and has executed the type of trick plays that seemed to beat us all the time in the Holmgren era. Our offense has produced long, 80-90 yard drives but has also mastered the quick strike. The guy deserves a lot more credit.
3. Carroll inherited a hopeless team with zero identity going absolutely nowhere fast. And he's one win away from guaranteeing two playoff appearances in three seasons with that same team, having built a fine identity, core of franchise players, found a franchise quarterback. The list goes on. He's turned the Seahawks into a contender that people are starting to say could make the Super Bowl this season. A truly remarkable job.
Three people who have been knocked during the course of the year, all doing fantastic jobs for this team.