If we win Sunday.. I truly believe

Riley12

Reaction score
From now until the very, very end of the 2012-2013 season, every game is a must win.

It's hard to be anything but confident after the past two weeks, but a week like we had in Miami would snap me
to reality quickly.

I can only say, with the deepest conviction and hope, "Go Hawks".

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":fpbufgxz said:
I'd be surprised if Kaepernick could beat New England on the road. If they do, they deserve to be division champs. As much as I respect SF, I'd give them maybe a 20% chance of winning. By DVOA this is one of the better Patriot teams ever and that is saying a lot. That plus they are firing on all cylinders right now.
I actually thing these two teams are very evenly matched, and the game will come down to Kaepernick making a mistake.
The Niners will set some receiver traps at the sticks, and when the ball get there somebody is going to smash the guy. They do it every game. I don't think anybody else does as good at that as they do. We saw Pats receivers get short arms on our field after a few of those hits.

Pats linebackers are not so fleet of foot. That bodes well for San Fran throwing out of the backfield and to the tight ends.
Those same linebackers seem to bite a bit on play action. And Kaepernick is gonna get some yards that Schaub would not even dream of going after.

Pats have some good matchups too. I am curious if Iupati will need help with Wilfork. I bet he does. And that Pats O-line will set some traps for Aldon Smith. Watching some of the sophisticated protections the Pats run is pretty cool, they will pull a guard in pass pro to smash the DE/LB when he stunts. I don't think the other Smith will enjoy the success that Watt had in getting to Brady. And the Pats run the ball well enough to keep SF honest in pass D.

Mostly, though, I am looking forward to the battle of wits between Bill and Harbs.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":9lpk59ze said:
If we're dreaming big....................as in long run and maybe even Superbowl, then I do think we have to win our division. Anything's possible, but winning three road games as a Wildcard team would be REALLY REALLY difficult for this Hawks team.

Going into the Meadowlands in January would be scary. However when you consider the amazing improvement with Wilson you gotta think anything is possible.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2z0znndj said:
We will win the division.

Big game Sunday folks. Big big game.

I'm in!,,,,,eh you need a bigger hot tub with more babes, dude..................................HEY!, Where's the beer?

Veilside

Reaction score
Our best chance of getting to the Superbowl is probably as the 2nd seed. We need to root for NE, Chicago and Atlanta this week. If those wins happen, all we have to do is win out for the 2nd seed. Then we hope that Atlanta chokes and we get home field in the NFC championship. The worst game is GB @ Chicago, so if GB wins they would need to lose to either Tenn or Minn. If it came down to that we'd all be the biggest AP fans in week 17.

There is a very slim chance for the 1st seed still but it involves Atlanta losing out against NYG, Detroit and TB, as well as NYG losing against either Bal or Phil. In other words, not a great chance of happening. Better to root for Atlanta this week and against them in the playoffs.

Tical21

Reaction score
Biggest game since beastquake. If we win, we are _____. If we don't, we are not.

Veilside

Reaction score
Tical21":arvfplb3 said:
Biggest game since beastquake. If we win, we are _____. If we don't, we are not.

Even if we lost this week we can still make the 5th seed if we beat SF and StL.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I think Chicago doesn't even make the playoffs. They are disintegrating as we speak. No way they beat the Packers, even at home. That said, all we can do is beat whoever is in front of us and let the chips fall as they may.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
To prove I'm not completely talking out of my backside here:

Div champs bet