If we win Sunday.. I truly believe

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
We will win the division.

Big game Sunday folks. Big big game.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Obviously winning is a necessary step, but we don't control our own fate...so I'm not as optimistic.

If we win Sunday AND the 49ers lose, then I think we'll win the division. We would be in the driver's seat if those 2 things happen.

No way the 49ers are losing to the Cardinals. So if the 49ers don't lose this week, it's over.

hawker84

Reaction score
correct, we don't control our own destiny, just win, make the playoffs... there we do control our own destiny

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
That's the thing, I think the Patriots beat the 49ers. They're on a mission right now.. and ironically have been since Wilson stole the W from them back in Week 6.

Hawks46

Reaction score
The Patriots just dismantled the Texans, which are built similarly to SF. Thing is, this gives them something to play for....they're still competing for the 2nd seed. The Pats have only lost one game in December since like 2007, they're 19-1. Belichick is a serious believer in momentum going into the playoffs. I don't think the Niners have a chance, but that would be a hell of a game to watch: the number 1 defense vs. the #1 offense.

Like 72 stated above, we really don't control all the factors in getting us the 2 seed, or the division, but if we take care of business and win out, even if the Niners win, we're one of the hottest teams in the league, peaking at the right time, and have a ton of confidence going into the playoffs. We would be a team no one wants to play.

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
If we win Sunday.. I truly believe

That we will make the playoffs. We won't lose to the Rams, but the SF game is going to be tough.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If we're dreaming big....................as in long run and maybe even Superbowl, then I do think we have to win our division. Anything's possible, but winning three road games as a Wildcard team would be REALLY REALLY difficult for this Hawks team.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1owct12n said:
That's the thing, I think the Patriots beat the 49ers. They're on a mission right now.. and ironically have been since Wilson stole the W from them back in Week 6.
Did you see last nights game when Brady shook his fists and yelled triumphantly? It struck me he was shaking off the frustration of that loss to us all those weeks ago. Crazy maybe, but he didn't look like a man exultant in his victory so much as a man flushed in the excitement of reaffirmation. Beating Houston proved something in his eyes at that moment.

Something that needed to be reaffirmed after the loss to Seattle.

hawker84

Reaction score
you better believe, the patriots want nothing more than to be SF.. they just beat the #1 team in the AFC, to beat a Top #5 team in the NFC and a team many is predicting to go all the way, would be a huge statement going into the playoffs... SF will get NE's best effort rest assured, and if they play their A game, niners will lose in a shootout.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":31k8zpxr said:
Hasselbeck":31k8zpxr said:
Did you see last nights game when Brady shook his fists and yelled triumphantly? It struck me he was shaking off the frustration of that loss to us all those weeks ago. Crazy maybe, but he didn't look like a man exultant in his victory so much as a man flushed in the excitement of reaffirmation. Beating Houston proved something in his eyes at that moment.

Something that needed to be reaffirmed after the loss to Seattle.

It's almost like we woke the sleeping giant.

Sorry NFL. :lol:

(I really hope the Patriots just DESTROY the Niners.)

drdiags

Reaction score
One thing that is a given is that the 49ers have played well on East coast games the past 2 years under Harbaugh. The upcoming two games for them will either affirm their selection of Kaep as the starter or give more pause to the change. I would suspect that the Patriots can score in the 20's so the 9ers need to move the ball. I have no doubt the 9ers will be able to run the ball but passing for close to 300 yds is what they will need to win.

Perfect storm, Seahawks win against the Bills and the 9ers lose to the Patriots. I am going to put my nagging thoughts away and embrace the idea Navy187 pushed last week before exiling himself. I am going to join the church of Moses positivity (though I haven't been near a real one since the real Moses walked the earth .. hee hee).

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
The game in Toronto this Sunday will be difficult. The ball may not be "bouncing our way" like it did this past Sunday at Home. We might not have the Refs "on our side" again.....are they ever? The key to winning is to start out with a "killer" attitude...scoring first and getting a turnover. Russell will need to be sharp for us to win. Our receivers will need to hold onto the ball as well.
Yes, we are a five point favorite, but it is no time to think that the Bills will "roll over and die"!

rain7

Reaction score
If the 49ers and Greenbay(@Chicago) lose this week, winning out will get us the #2 seed in the NFC. This year is going to fun right down to the wire

JonRud

Reaction score
rain7":3p5gului said:
If the 49ers and Greenbay(@Chicago) lose this week, winning out will get us the #2 seed in the NFC. This year is going to fun right down to the wire

This is not completely true - we will need the Giants to lose at least one more game. They play at Atl and at Bal the next 2 games so hopefully will drop one of those.

I am very hopeful NE will beat SF...but please realize SF can beat any team in the league, and NE has already lost 2 games vs. the NFC West this year [vs. Ari, at Sea]. NE is the favorite, but by no means a lock to win.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Don't see green bay losing to Chicago , but I hope. This week will be so exciting. Not only am I rooting for the Hawks, but I am vested in multiple games.

Jake Hawks

Reaction score
The Hawks have won all their games in pairs. Hopefully this trend comes to an end on Sunday.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I just want the team to make the playoffs. If they get the division in the process, so be it, but honestly I feel like the Hawks are just a little too young (specifically discipline with penalties) to win out. They are SO close and if they really are going to make it in and actually make some noise the dumb penalties have to stop. They get enough penalties for doing nothing already.

I DO believe they can do it, but my expectations are grounded. What a GREAT story it would be, that is for sure.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
After seeing Brady destroy the Texans at home... I can't really see SF beating the Patriots there.

Beleeeeee dat!

kearly

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if Kaepernick could beat New England on the road. If they do, they deserve to be division champs. As much as I respect SF, I'd give them maybe a 20% chance of winning. By DVOA this is one of the better Patriot teams ever and that is saying a lot. That plus they are firing on all cylinders right now.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Even if SF loses at Foxborough, they still have to lose at the Clink. You know that game will come down to an ass-load of weird penalties and a couple of plays on either side. Biting my nails all the way through.