Would you accept Matt Hasselbeck in 2013 as Wilson's backup?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Hass has an 83 rating, a 62% completion percentage and more TD's than INT's this season. He's still plenty good enough to be a reliable back up for 1 more season.

We're also running zone read in Seattle, tons of bootleg and play action, run option. I'm guessing that's here to stay. We're taking shots downfield. We're not running a timing, short passing system. Would it not make sense to concentrate on signing a backup who can keep the offense as it is should Wilson pick up an injury?

Not saying I want him, but, I never agreed with Hass being a short-route, timing QB. He did very well using his IQ to throw open long routes to Britt and Wright. We'll never know for sure, but I think the WCO eventually prohibited his strength, his football IQ.

Thats a total, "IMO".
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• Chances this team is going to bring back a QB that they've cut ties with in the past: slim to none.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• pehawk wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Hass has an 83 rating, a 62% completion percentage and more TD's than INT's this season. He's still plenty good enough to be a reliable back up for 1 more season.

We're also running zone read in Seattle, tons of bootleg and play action, run option. I'm guessing that's here to stay. We're taking shots downfield. We're not running a timing, short passing system. Would it not make sense to concentrate on signing a backup who can keep the offense as it is should Wilson pick up an injury?

Not saying I want him, but, I never agreed with Hass being a short-route, timing QB. He did very well using his IQ to throw open long routes to Britt and Wright. We'll never know for sure, but I think the WCO eventually prohibited his strength, his football IQ.

Thats a total, "IMO".

The offense we're running now is a lot like the one I'd always wanted to see Hass play in. As much as Holmgren helped Hass turn into the player he was, I also think he held him back. Just my opinion, obviously, and I'm an idiot.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few seasons. I honestly don't think we keep Flynn for too long.
    Last edited by razgriz737 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• All you guys that want Hass remind me of Mariner fans.

Let's sign Joey Cora cause we liked him too.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:The offense we're running now is a lot like the one I'd always wanted to see Hass play in. As much as Holmgren helped Hass turn into the player he was, I also think he held him back. Just my opinion, obviously, and I'm an idiot.

I agree with all of your points, except the ones you made in your first two sentences.

;)
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• Tech Worlds wrote:All you guys that want Hass remind me of Mariner fans.

Is Joey Cora still playing? Can he still hit?
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• I have to admit to laughing a lot at the thought of Flynn "demanding" a trade. pffft!

He's under contract, what's he going to do not play? :roll:

He's here to stay for at least the length of his contract cause his time has about come and gone too. You think other coaches will now think Pete has no clue about QBs and will take Flynn?

And Matty? I truly think he will retire at the end of this season anyway. He got his pay day, sign with the Hawks for a day and retire a Seahawk cause everyone knows him as that.

Either get into broadcasting or coaching, or just go to his home in Chelan and enjoy the good life he's earned. I think he's smart enough to know that.

:th2thumbs:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:All you guys that want Hass remind me of Mariner fans.

Cora for Backup QB?
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• Zebulon Dak wrote:

I still remember that time he cried. And, the other time he cried. And, that other, other time he cried. He could be our Charlie Batch.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• pehawk wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:

I still remember that time he cried. And, the other time he cried. And, that other, other time he cried. He could be our Charlie Batch.

And when Joey Cora cries, I cry with him.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Is Joey Cora still playing? Can he still hit?[/quote]

I still remember that time he cried. And, the other time he cried. And, that other, other time he cried. He could be our Charlie Batch.[/quote]

And when Joey Cora cries, I cry with him.[/quote]

You mean E4? lol
    BobcatHawk
    NET Starter

• No.

Matt's time with the Hawks has come and gone.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• yes, another qb coach
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Veteran

• Love Matt Hasselbeck. I'd sign him with a stipulation that he must produce a competing locker room show to the Real Rob Report.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

• SNDavidson wrote:Love Matt Hasselbeck. I'd sign him with a stipulation that he must produce a competing locker room show to the Real Rob Report.

:think1:
    "The Bald & the Beautiful" ??
    "Hassel with Matt" ??
    "Matt & Mic" (mike) ??

:204070:
    "If You're Good At Making Excuses, You'll Never Be Great At Anything Else." ~ Richard Sherman

GO HAWKS !!
    glowingeyedseahawk
    * PA's # 1 Seahawks Fan *

• I don't give a shit really.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• decaff907 wrote:I'd love to see Matt Hasselbeck back in Seahawk blue. However, and I'm sure I"ll be bashed for this, but I'd be completely in favor of bringing Mike Vick in to back up Russell next year if we do indeed get rid of Flynn. In fact, I think he's a better fit in our offense than either Flynn or Hass. Just throwing it out there.

:34853_doh:

....yeah what we need as our back-up....a turnover machine !! :141847_bnono:

* * Matt would be great support to Russ....* *

"English" was saying 'bout other options ~ But Who ???
    ~ T-Jack
    ~ Henne
    ~ Alex Smith
    ~ Matt Lienart (sp)

:229031_shrug:
    "If You're Good At Making Excuses, You'll Never Be Great At Anything Else." ~ Richard Sherman

GO HAWKS !!
    glowingeyedseahawk
    * PA's # 1 Seahawks Fan *

• As much as I liked Matt when he was a Seahawk, I do not feel that he has enough "gas in the tank". Yes....I would like Matt signed for TC so he can retire as a Hawk player .....and then come on board as a coach. I can "dream", can't I?
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• I would love it. Matts my all time favorite Seahawk. (although I have a feeling Russell might be someday).

To be honest I think with Wilson the backup QB is not very important. He just doesnt seem like hte type who's going to be very injury prone in his career **Knock on wood**. He's a runner but he's smart about running, and it seems to be pretty tough to get big hits on him with his size and maneuvarability.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• JSeahawks wrote:I would love it. Matts my all time favorite Seahawk. (although I have a feeling Russell might be someday).

To be honest I think with Wilson the backup QB is not very important. He just doesnt seem like hte type who's going to be very injury prone in his career **Knock on wood**. He's a runner but he's smart about running, and it seems to be pretty tough to get big hits on him with his size and maneuvarability.

I agree with you're sentiment. my wife and I met him once before a san fran game. a very genuinely nice person
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Veteran

• While we're at it, lets replace Leroy Hill with Brian Banks. It's more important to have a good story than a good team.

Whenever Hass hangs it up, sign him for one day and retire a Seahawk. No much more he can do for us. Not much more for us to ask of him.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• glowingeyedseahawk wrote:
    decaff907 wrote:I'd love to see Matt Hasselbeck back in Seahawk blue. However, and I'm sure I"ll be bashed for this, but I'd be completely in favor of bringing Mike Vick in to back up Russell next year if we do indeed get rid of Flynn. In fact, I think he's a better fit in our offense than either Flynn or Hass. Just throwing it out there.

:34853_doh:

....yeah what we need as our back-up....a turnover machine !! :141847_bnono:

* * Matt would be great support to Russ....* *

"English" was saying 'bout other options ~ But Who ???
    ~ T-Jack
    ~ Henne
    ~ Alex Smith
    ~ Matt Lienart (sp)

:229031_shrug:

I don't think Pete and Co would ask of Vick the same things that Reid asks Vick to do. The Seahawks aren't a team that asks their quarterback to throw for 300 yards and 45 pass attempts every game. I think Vick would definitely be an upper tier back up an would be perfect in the case Russ gets injured (*knock on wood*).
    decaff907
    NET Rookie

Previous

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:10 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information