Pac-12 Championship Game

OP
OP
S

SEC FAN

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2cxabr4b said:
The one thing i would change if i were in charge is the time of the game. Move it to Saturday night. Friday at 5 is a terrible time for a game and makes it awfully tough for many fans to get to. Or if you're going to keep it on Friday move it back a few hours. If you play it at 5 on the west coast it seems like a west coast conference pandering for an east coast audience.

Yep. Its already 11 or 12 here on the central/east coast on a Friday night. How many people are at home watching this game here? Me hahaha. The only real good time slot thats wide open is 10 a.m. for you guys. SEC Championship is at 1 there and the Big 10/ACC is at 5 there I believe. If I were the Pac 12 I'd go for 11 a.m. there. Make all the other conferences want to move theirs back an hour or just do away with it all and crown the winner in the regular season like the Big 12 does. I don't have the answer lol.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Last night was an example of why the Championship game isn't at a neutral site. The conference knows they will have an issue selling out a game at a neutral site depending on the teams involved much like other conferences not named SEC have had. By having at the home stadium of one of the participants it increases the ticket sales.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Friday night game is just a bad idea. Last year at Autzen, tickets where going for below face value. Of course UCLA being 6-6 might have had something to do with that.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Here are some quotes from an ESPN article about Larry Scott discussing the Conference Championship.

ESPN/Larry Scott":wlh057y5 said:
Scott said it's unlikely the league would move the championship game to a neutral site for at least the next few years. The conference believes a "host site" creates more of a typical football atmosphere and, more importantly, increases ticket sales.

The league will talk with ESPN about whether the network wants to move the title game from a Friday night to a Saturday next year. Fox has broadcast the first two years on a Friday night. ESPN takes over next year and will alternate broadcasting the game with Fox in the coming years.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... and-future

chris98251

Reaction score
Well as a first year situation of having the championship I doubt you could have two less sexy teams in it, maybe Cal and WSU or OSU.