Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Da Bears)

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Okay no more "Feed Me Crow Boys!" posts the night before an away game. Whether it's indigestion or a premonition, I should just keep my deep, dark, scary thoughts about an imminent loss to myself. I know a lot of you will want to know why I think we have a better shot of beating the Bears in Chicago then we did against the Dolphins in Miami. On the outside looking in, it seems like a rather ridiculous thought. Yet, for years and years and years I've watched this sometimes frustratingly maddening team of ours get our asses handed to us by cupcake teams while beating (sometimes more than convincingly) the better teams nobody - including us - gave us a shot to win.

Nobody expected the Seahawks to travel to New York last year and not only win but beat down the would-be Super Bowl Champions. In 2010, nobody expected us to go into Chicago and beat the Bears, but we did, with conviction and panache. The list is strangely long in our history.

It comes down to one simple and frustrating trait: The Seahawks tend to play down to their inferior opponents while playing up to their superior opponents.

This year, they are playing that paradigm like a fine instrument.

The Bears are wounded. The Seahawks and coaching staff are flat out disgusted and embarassed for the game they gave away in Miami. This clearly favors us. I may not know the outcome of this next game better than the next fan, but I do know that they will give the Bears a MUCH better fight than they ever gave the Dolphins. I will not in the least be surprised if we not only beat the Bears this Sunday but do so convincingly. Just another reason to be dismayed and betrayed when they lose to the Bills.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 27 - Bears 21

Aros' Fearless Record: 6-5

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• The last time I predicted a loss was against the Patriots. So, here we go.

Bears 28 Seattle 17.

5-6 record so far.

(Edit: Just because, in my archived predictions, I had us losing to Miami and winning against the Bears, so maybe I'll fair better there. Here's hoping.)
    Last edited by Sarlacc83 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• I agree with you 100% Aros. We play to win against the better teams, and we play not to lose against the worse teams. Hawks need this win more than ever.

Seahawks 17
    Da Beers 13
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

• Bears 26 - Seahawks 20

We never get blown out on the road, but we always play uninspired football.
    endzorn
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• I feel good about this one and have for weeks.

Seahawks win, then drop a stupid game later in the year for no apparent reason to offset it (probably Buffalo)

Seahawks 24, Bears 19
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• We are going to get absolutely taken to the wood shed. Gashed all day long.

The niners embarrased these guys, we will be embarrased by them. The gap between our teams is immense.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Tech Worlds wrote:We are going to get absolutely taken to the wood shed. Gashed all day long.

The niners embarrased these guys, we will be embarrased by them. The gap between our teams is immense.

For some reason, the Seahawks have played up and down to their competition all season.

Of course the best teams have been played at home up until Sunday.. so there is that.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• There is no way I will say we are going in there and beating them. If we are relying on Hill and Trufant to stop the short passing game were toast.

Bears 23 Hawks 17

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• 10am on the road. Until something changes, this prediction is easy.

Bears 24
    Seahawks 17

My Record to Date: 4-7
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• Still drinkin' the Kool-Aid. : /

34-17 Seahawks.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Earl gets a pick.
    Hawks D gets a score.
    We win 23-20.

Record to date 7-4
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• I think the wheels continue to come off the defense, unfortunately, because RW continues to progress:

Bears 27
    Hawks 24
    “We need to be challenged, ... and we need to be under the gun to respond.” --Pete Carroll
    nanomoz
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• Keeping my mouth shut because it's always better I do :34853_doh: :180670: :roll:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

• My optimism has been crushed. I think the now distracted defense continues to stink it up as they have recently, and this is first week that Wilson really looks like a rookie. I think the Bears eat our O line alive and harass Wilson all game. Marshawn will have nowhere to run again.

Bears 27
    Hawks 10

Record: 4-7 i think
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• I have to say we'll lose this game. We just aren't doing enough right on the road.

Bears 31
    Seahawks 13

I'm giving the Bears 4 TD's and a FG. I'm giving us 1 TD and 2 FG's.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• If you call the Dolphins game and this one correctly then I will be the one eating some serious crow.
    You called the Dolphins game to a T- Played not to lose rather than to win. The play calling showed. Everyone was fat, lazy, and unfocused. There are some major pluses to Pete Carroll as HC, but Focus, and Discipline aren't up there with the best teams in the league.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• Forte runs up the gut for 135+ because the defensive middle shortcomings have not been repaired. Cutler throws 2 TDs. Russ matches him but Hawks' ground game nearly gets totally shut down and Pete/Bevell still refuse to let Wilson loose (he again throws for under 300) and they continue to try to pound the rock. As a result, Hawks lose.....

Bears 20
    Hawks 17

To date: 3-8
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• 10am
    on the road
    soldier field
    decimated bears team
    guts telling me..... i hope they win

24 seahawks
    17 bears
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• LOVE the Seahawks this week.

24-20 good guys. And I will be in attendance.
    PhillySeahawk
    NET Rookie

• Bears 24
    Seahawks 14
    Reconrd 2 - 1
    canfan
    NET Rookie

• Tech Worlds wrote:We are going to get absolutely taken to the wood shed. Gashed all day long.

We are a prideful team that just got kicked in the balls. We are a dangerous team when motivated. We will bash the Bears and make them beg for mercy
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• The Bears' offensive philosophy (i.e. feed off turnovers) is massively overrated. So is Pete Carroll's offensive philosophy. Chicago will stop the run, force Seattle to depend on the pass, and PC won't do it.

I agree with Scotte that Earl Thomas will get a pick; Jay Cutler loves to target single high coverage with Brandon Marshall, but our corners will take Marshall out and no single high safety Cutler has faced this year is as rangy as Earl. And his O-line is currently just as patchwork as Seattle's, giving our D-line a chance to atone for Miami.

In a Carolina-style performance, we play frustrating vanilla football but eke out another Soldier Field win.

Chicago 13
    Seattle 17

RTD: 4-7
    Last edited by MontanaHawk05 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Bears 20

Hawks 13

Where can I find Seahawks98.com???
    Barthawk
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*

• Bears 27
    Seahawks 16

Season Record: 9-2
    Do you like curry? - Gareth Keenan
    DYLcurry59
    NET Veteran

• Hate to say it, but same ole same ole on the road, we'll be in it until the 4th quarter and give it away at the end.

Bears 20
    Hawks 16
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• A banged up Bears team will try like hell to hand us the game, and we'll find a new, creative way to hand it right back.

Seahawks 17
    Bears 24
    "I'm gonna call him--what do you call the guy on the trampoline?--Harry Houdini or something like that." -Warren Moon on Golden Tate
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

• Bears 34

Seahawks 16

Record so far: 5-6 (five game winning streak)
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• Bears 28
    Hawks 6
    It was a catch.
    SeaMeat
    NET Veteran

• Bears 27
    Seahawks 20
    Slick
    NET Veteran

• First win of 5 straight to close out the regular season.

Mandu
    NET Starter

• This game is as close to a must win as we are going to see this season. This team is going to fight for it.

Seahawks 27 Bears 21

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

• Every time I go to church..the Hawks win...Im going to church on Sunday.
    BGHawk
    NET Veteran

• Must win game....
    Seahawks 24 Bears 21.
    edogg23
    NET Starter

• 30-17 Bears

3-1
    scifly
    NET Practice Squad

• This team is incapable of beating a decent team on the road. The Bears are better than decent.

Seattle Seahawks 17
    Chicago Bears 27
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Bears fan here. Won't be offended if you dismiss this prediction. :)

The Bears wins have all been big this season. Only two of their wins have come by less than two TD's. One was Carolina (Steve Smith absolutely kills us every single time), and the other was a 6 point win over Detroit. Cutler was dinged up in the 2nd half of that game after getting completely crushed by Suh, and it affected playcalling down the stretch.

I said this on a 49ers message board on the week of the 49ers game, and it goes for the Seahawks as well. For the Seahawks to win, the first quarter is very important. The Bears play their worst football in the first quarter. Cutler is bad in the first quarter usually, and it takes the offense a while to find much traction (if they ever do). If the Seahawks can take advantage and get ahead, they'll be in good shape.

However, the Bears defense, most of the time, covers for the offensive struggles, and gets an early turnover or two to allow for some cheap points. The Bears play very well from ahead. Cutler and the offense are very good at piling it on when they have a lead. If the Seahawks are down early, they'll be in trouble.

Looks like we're going to be missing two O-lineman for the game, but the O-line has been pretty bad all season, so no huge loss.

I'm picking the Bears big, but it's mostly because of the Seahawks road troubles. I'd have much more trouble with my prediction if the game was in Seattle. I think the Bears win by a couple of TD's and a FG. 31-14
    Banedon
    NET Bench Warmer

• Since it's a road game.... Hawks are ahead in the 4th then with 2 minutes left, the bears move freely down the field and score to win.

Unless Hawks are up by more then 7, they lose. Just a guess based on every road game this year.
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

• Banedon wrote:Bears fan here. Won't be offended if you dismiss this prediction. :)

The Bears wins have all been big this season. Only two of their wins have come by less than two TD's. One was Carolina (Steve Smith absolutely kills us every single time), and the other was a 6 point win over Detroit. Cutler was dinged up in the 2nd half of that game after getting completely crushed by Suh, and it affected playcalling down the stretch.

I said this on a 49ers message board on the week of the 49ers game, and it goes for the Seahawks as well. For the Seahawks to win, the first quarter is very important. The Bears play their worst football in the first quarter. Cutler is bad in the first quarter usually, and it takes the offense a while to find much traction (if they ever do). If the Seahawks can take advantage and get ahead, they'll be in good shape.

However, the Bears defense, most of the time, covers for the offensive struggles, and gets an early turnover or two to allow for some cheap points. The Bears play very well from ahead. Cutler and the offense are very good at piling it on when they have a lead. If the Seahawks are down early, they'll be in trouble.

Looks like we're going to be missing two O-lineman for the game, but the O-line has been pretty bad all season, so no huge loss.

I'm picking the Bears big, but it's mostly because of the Seahawks road troubles. I'd have much more trouble with my prediction if the game was in Seattle. I think the Bears win by a couple of TD's and a FG. 31-14

Did you also predict the same score for the 9er game?
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:The Bears' offensive philosophy (i.e. feed off turnovers) is massively overrated. So is Pete Carroll's offensive philosophy. Chicago will stop the run, force Seattle to depend on the pass, and PC won't do it.

You know, I debated with you before over Carroll's willingness to be flexible. I think we might have been talking about him molding his philosophy to allow for a different sort of QB to run the team (probably in a larger discussion about the merits of Ryan Mallett or something). I recall saying that I thought Carroll would be flexible, but I can't recall my reasoning.

The Miami game was the first real time I worried that you were probably right. I could dismiss the lack of flexibility early on this season as we broke in a rookie QB as just part of the process of easing his transition. But Wilson was hot in the Dolphins game, and I believe he could have done more had the coaches put the game more on his shoulders.

I guess here's the part where I hope that the Miami game was a bit of a wake-up call for the entire team, players and coaches alike. Players, you're confident and that's good, but you're not so good that you can take an opponent for granted and half-ass it out there. Coaches, you need to do a better job of making in-game adjustments to take advantage of the realities of the game rather than sticking stubbornly to a script.

To the Banedon, the Bears fan, I understand your reasoning but some trend is going to have to give this year. The Bears may win big, but Seattle just doesn't lose big this season. They keep games close and take them down to the wire. The only games where that hasn't been true are against the Cowboys and Jets, where Seattle won big. Every single loss Seattle's had was by 7 or less, and every one of them was close in the 4th quarter. Your Bears may win, but don't be surprised if it's by a late FG.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• Tech Worlds wrote:Did you also predict the same score for the 9er game?

Heh, I didn't actually predict a score on that one. I did predict a win, but I wasn't very confident about it, and predicted it'd be a close game. Oops.

That was a bad game, no doubt about it.
    Banedon
    NET Bench Warmer

• volsunghawk wrote:To the Banedon, the Bears fan, I understand your reasoning but some trend is going to have to give this year. The Bears may win big, but Seattle just doesn't lose big this season. They keep games close and take them down to the wire. The only games where that hasn't been true are against the Cowboys and Jets, where Seattle won big. Every single loss Seattle's had was by 7 or less, and every one of them was close in the 4th quarter. Your Bears may win, but don't be surprised if it's by a late FG.

Good point. Even if the margin of victory doesn't hold to form, the Bears do still play better from ahead, so it's still a situation where I feel like the first quarter will be important.
    Banedon
    NET Bench Warmer

• we will get it handed to us... forte and bush will rush for 200 yrds and we will see the same def as the last 5 games... gash the middle of the field and we will have trouble scoring

we lose 27-16
    kendog2639
    NET Starter

• I'm changing my prediction. I feel like it will not be close at all.

Seahawks - 17
    Bears - 35

God we suck on the road. Marshawn will get stuffed. Our D will get GASHED (with or without Forte playing). Young team deflated by all the noise this week.
    Slick
    NET Veteran

• A 2nd road game in a row, tough place to play, I bet Cutler destroys us on that field. And, I have no confidence on our run game away from Clink

Bears - 31
    Hawks - 20
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• Seahawks put a dagger in my heart last Sunday, took a lot of the wind out of my sails. That loss, along with the loss to Detroit really sting me I felt we should have won both of those games, I don't feel like we're a playoff team if we can't win games like those. Put on top Sherman and Browner's suspensions (I believe they're playing against the Bears) which I don't even want to get into just disappointing. I don't have much faith going into this game even if Russell has been playing super well, I'm not trying to be super negative but trying to objectively look at the rest of the season without two of the better corners in the league, it's not looking promising.

Think the Bears have a field day with us, we're coming off a tough loss, long flight home, another road game which we just can't seem to get over that road game curse, coaching mistakes, player mistakes. Re-reading my post seems so debbie downer, ha.

Seahawks 14
    Bears 28

Bears probably get a defensive score on us.
    the ditch
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• We haven't lost a game by more than 7 points all year but I fear this will be our most lopsided loss of the season.

Hawks 17
    Bears 31
    Shane Falco
    NET Veteran

• HawkFan72 wrote:10am on the road. Until something changes, this prediction is easy.

Bears 24
    Seahawks 17

My Record to Date: 4-7

After being smacked over the head with a huge frying pan about 50 times, I raise the white flag and am buying in 100% that we can't win on the road.

Chi 24-20
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

• volsunghawk wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:The Bears' offensive philosophy (i.e. feed off turnovers) is massively overrated. So is Pete Carroll's offensive philosophy. Chicago will stop the run, force Seattle to depend on the pass, and PC won't do it.

You know, I debated with you before over Carroll's willingness to be flexible. I think we might have been talking about him molding his philosophy to allow for a different sort of QB to run the team (probably in a larger discussion about the merits of Ryan Mallett or something). I recall saying that I thought Carroll would be flexible, but I can't recall my reasoning.

The Miami game was the first real time I worried that you were probably right. I could dismiss the lack of flexibility early on this season as we broke in a rookie QB as just part of the process of easing his transition. But Wilson was hot in the Dolphins game, and I believe he could have done more had the coaches put the game more on his shoulders.

I guess here's the part where I hope that the Miami game was a bit of a wake-up call for the entire team, players and coaches alike. Players, you're confident and that's good, but you're not so good that you can take an opponent for granted and half-ass it out there. Coaches, you need to do a better job of making in-game adjustments to take advantage of the realities of the game rather than sticking stubbornly to a script...........

Great post Volsung. Agree with you on all accounts from the worry to the hope.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• During the 4th quarter last weekend, my Dad and I were talking about that game already being a win.. Losing that game, than hearing the news about Browner, and my DUDE Sherman.. Well, it may be my hardest crash from high expectations, to virtually NO expectations. This team prooves week in and week out, that they can't be consistent in ANY phase of the game. My heart tells me 28-17 Seahawks. My gut tells me 35-20 Bears. I hope I'm wrong. But there is no way that Sherman and Browner can play this week with a clear conscience. I just don't see it.. Ohhh well.
    RussWILSON3
    NET Practice Squad

• There just isn't enough lithium in the water supply in the northwest for the manics. I predict this ride is far from over. Hawks 31-21 followed by another head scratching loss at some point.
    AVL
    NET Starter

Next

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:27 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information