Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Miami W/L Effect on your overall W/L predictions
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:17 am 
NET Veteran

Right now I think Seattle will finish 10-6.

If they win - I'll shift to 11-6. With the downward trajectory of the Bears and the Seattle "learning" (although they've already done it under PCs tenure) to win on a 10 am EST road game, I think things are looking up as the team gels.

If they lose - I think that will go down to 9-7 i.e. we won't pick up another game we "should" lose. I think this is where people are the most nervous because we've been at home the last two-weeks plus the bye. The growth of the team and specially RW in the last two games has been exponential and after analyzing if the hawks are really different defensively (5 thinks to look for article) opinions are really mixed here.

Post subject: Re: Miami W/L Effect on your overall W/L predictions
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:07 am 
NET Veteran

Every game in the NFL season is important, but we are entering the part of the schedule where different outcomes in a single game can have a huge impact in the odds of getting a playoff birth.

Consider that all 10 of our playoff competitors are playing each other this week (week 12)
DAL (5% WC) vs. WAS (2% WC)
NYG (10% WC) vs. GB (20% WC)
MIN (5% WC) vs. CHI (50% WC)
TB (20% WC) vs. ATL (7% WC)
NO (7% WC) vs. 49ers (75% DIV)

Regardless of who wins these games we will be advancing on half of our competition with a win, or falling behind half of our competition with a loss.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:35 am 
USMC 1970-77

I predicted 11-5, and still feel that is very doable.

A loss in Miami would damage my hopes for that record, so I'd lower my expectation to 10-6 if we drop this one. In my scenario, the only loss going forward was in Chicago. Their recent struggles, along with our progress, gives me hope of winning out for 12-4.

One game at a time, though.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:41 am 
NET Veteran

I predicted in the archived thread (top of p. 2) that we'd be 6-4 at the bye week... spot on... and that we would lose to Miami and also to Chicago... but that we'd also win the last 4 games of the year to finish at 10-6.

If we beat the Dolphins, I believe that we'll finish 11-5. And that's very doable.

Moved to Seattle in 1980. Hawks fan for 34 years and counting.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:04 am 
NET Veteran

falcongoggles wrote:

If they win - I'll shift to 11-6.

Do you mean 11-5?

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:34 pm 
NET Starter

I had them 10-6 and losing this game at the beginning of the season. Think they'll still lose and finish 10-6.

(other loss will be at Chicago)

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:33 pm 
NET Veteran

falcongoggles wrote:

If they win - I'll shift to 11-5. With the downward trajectory of the Bears and the Seattle "learning" (although they've already done it under PCs tenure) to win on a 10 am EST road game, I think things are looking up as the team gels.

If they lose - I think that will go down to 9-7 i.e. we won't pick up another game we "should" lose. I think this is where people are the most nervous because we've been at home the last two-weeks plus the bye. The growth of the team and specially RW in the last two games has been exponential and after analyzing if the hawks are really different defensively (5 thinks to look for article) opinions are really mixed here.

Nice call below

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:52 pm 
NET Veteran

A loss at Miami likely mean we are not ready to get a win at Chicago, and I'd even say a likely loss at Buffalo who i think is better than Miami. Here's my order of least likely to win games

1. @ Chicago
2. SF
3. @ Buffalo
4. @ Miami
5. STL
6. AZ

Losing at Miami will be very bad for our playoff chances and will basically eliminate us from a shot at the division if SF can beat new orleans

Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:16 am 
* Smackmeister *

Well, if we lose to the Dolphins we'll have 5 losses. So, 11-5.
If we win against the Dolphins we'll have 4 losses. So, 12-4.

You guys really need help with the math every week? It's really easy.

When the Giants lost to the Bengals in week 10, did that mean they weren't ready to win? You can't extrapolate from one week to the next. They lose 31 to 13...the same team that went into San Francisco and put the whoopin on em.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]