Week 12 Playoff Picture

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Certainly with a rookie QB starting, one could expect the team to get better in the 2nd half of the season... combine that with what is clearly an easier portion of the schedule, and yes, I agree with many of the other posters, you'd think we could win at least four of the next six.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
2nd seed would require:
1. Us winning out
2. 49ers lose 1 game (not counting 1 against Hawks)
3. GB lose 1 game

There is a scenario where we could lose to the Bears and STILL get the #2 seed:
1. Us winning all but Bears game.
2. 49ers lose to Saints, NE, and Hawks
3. GB wins North with 11-5 record

I've seen worse odds before...and those are the BEST case scenarios.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
jewhawk":3p2vm77d said:
Hasselbeck":3p2vm77d said:
Vikings (6-4) at Bears (7-3)
Oddly enough, the Vikings really don't concern me.. though they do have the same record as us, we have the H2H tie-break over them. I think in this case, we treat the Vikings like the Packers. A buffer zone is better in the long run than beating the Bears and creating a 3-way tie for the NFC North lead if the Giants also defeat the Packers. Go Bears in this case.
This is the only one where I disagree with you. The Vikings' remaining schedule is the Bears twice, Packers twice, at Houston, and at St. Louis. They should be dogs in every one of those games and IMO will be lucky to get to 8-8. I'd rather the Bears lose because they're much more likely to be fighting for a spot with us at the end of the season.

In the NFC North the Vikes and Lions have the toughest schedules. The Bears schedule isn't a cake walk either. They have the VIkes twice, Seattle, GB, Zona and the Lions. As of right now though they do pose the biggest threat for the Wildcard since GB will most likely take the division with their easier schedule. I still think the Hawks have a legit chance to take the NFC West.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Anybody else quietly hoping Cutler won't play next week?

Not taking the 'Phins for granted - I'm certainly not, anyway - but it could mean playing Jason Campbell followed by Ryan Lindley/Ryan Reynolds/Ryan Leaf/whoever-has-the-job-that week in AZ. All of which could mean a less important return match against SF in December.